• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Life Events Andrew in hospital, expects laptop access on night of 5/13

Being sick is never fun, and I can only imagine what you're going through right now, Andrew. However, know that we will all are rooting for you and hope you overcome this hurdle!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say, firstly Happy New Year. Secondly, I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who sent me Christmas cheer. I just spent the last few months in and out of the hospital quite regularly. I have to admit, this is never the type of situation I ever imagined myself being in; you grow up thinking that you get sick and then you get better and it goes away. Acute disease sure changes that mindset. Anyway, it got to me, stuck a hot poker in my mental and emotional health. You all here in my Star Army family reached out and left me some really amazing words an encouragement, so Thank you from the depths of my heart for your love and support. You made a big difference in my life and it will be remembered. @Wes and @Toshiro thank you both for your efforts in keeping in touch.

Anyway, I knew today was the day I'd return, I just figured I would do it before I said it as not to jinx it. I am back, as you can see by the writing. I got several JPs on the stove ad posts to catch up on.

I'm just happy to have you around. Keep doing your best to get well. You're such a big part of Star Army and even though you were inactive due to health stuff, your impact on the community and setting has lasted a lot of ways. Not to mention you're a great friend to a lot of people here. Everyone wanted to help in some way so the cards were something that anyone could do to show they care about you. Now that you're back, I am looking forward to seeing your new impact on the SARPiverse with your ideas and RPs. We've got a brand new year, YE 42, in the RP, so a lot of what we're starting with is taking stuff from the RP and wiki and updating with a sort of "where are they now?" history update for YE 42. Meanwhile the Kuvexian Invasion is spreading through the Kikyo Sector and their pirates are everywhere. It's a dangerous universe again and this is just the sort of background that promotes epic storytelling. :)

I'm also happy you were still here when I the stars were finally right for my return to this universe.

(that sounded more Eldritch Horror than I meant it)

Glory to Motoyoshi, my life for the Empress!

It's nice to be able to make a positive update in this thread.

It has been a long quest till today, from when I was first diagnosed with Leukemia in 2018, my relapse in 2019, the stem cell transplant, struggles with GVHD, and then salvage treatment. I finally am off immunosuppression as of today, and will be tapering off about 25% of my meds. It promises to give me back a little of my life, hopefully, some more energy so I can get stuff done without wanting to sleep all the time. Just wanted to update SARP on this milestone and thank everyone for their support over the years. I hope that one day I will be able to go about the world like a normal person, but one step at a time!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back