• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Avatar Thread: What is your Avatar?

View attachment 2719
1375496352308.gif

Well, given the approaching IRC, I will be having my Avatar reflect the HSC.

"That's all just well enough, because in reality there is only room enough in this world for one Mojo Jojo. One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out. So the only Mojo Jojo there is room for in the world shall be me."

Its star army

With llamas

Star Llama Role Play

Llamas

My avatar's source is a lot more innocent than you're all thinking.

I know where its from! Though to be fair only half of it is, though im not going to put you into a Jam by saying the other half.

This was the flag of the land of Oswulfia, born nigh a decade back and having been long neglected. The blue is of sky, the green of grass and the bear is straight from California's bear flag. It has nothing particularly to do with Star Army, but I opted not to use some incarnation of the X-Men's Beast first because I might well make multiple characters here on the site and second because as Qador's description as it evolved came to not at all resemble any incarnation thereof.

This was just a cute cat girl image I had lying around and I thought would fit for an avatar for Star Army. Nothing majorly complicated.

This cartoony square of hilarity came from the hit series Speed Racer. The original cartoon where everytime Speed has to swerve he sounds like his legs are being cut off. This guy was hiding in the background as one of the spectators. I laughed so hard when I saw his face I ended up looking like he did. Snapped a pic with my phone and he's been my avatar ever since.

"Because when you have stanky old Wizard Eyes, sometimes you see things that are real, and other times it's like crazy, crazy, crazy, in your face, all the time. (sighs) All the time."

I made my own avatar, it doesn't mean anything in particular. Back when I made it which was almost over a year ago I was depressed and didn't think much of it (I like how it turned out though) but it might mean slowly going through depression while happy things come around me and help me along.

This cartoony square of hilarity came from the hit series Speed Racer. The original cartoon where everytime Speed has to swerve he sounds like his legs are being cut off. This guy was hiding in the background as one of the spectators. I laughed so hard when I saw his face I ended up looking like he did. Snapped a pic with my phone and he's been my avatar ever since.

Seriously? I thought it was inspector gadget. f(o.0)

On my own avatar. Though the current one is a chibi of my character, my previous avatar (shown below) was the character Fungeist from a little known gameboy game called Denjuu Telefang. The game came in two versions Speed and Power. These were bootlegged by a chinese programmer into pseudo english translations known as Pokemon Diamond for Power version (This was before there was an actual pokemon diamond) and Pokemon Jade for the Speed version.

Having family in Hong Kong I occationally went on trips to that side of the world where I picked up one of the Pokemon Jade cartriges (not knowing what it was, only that it was pokemon and thus instantly cool, or at least, my 8 year old mind thought so.)

As it turns out the game was probably the best game boy game I'd ever played. (Despite the Engrish and gratuitous swearing that the bootlegger had inserted during translation). The game was never released outside of japan. Neither was it's sequel unfortunately.

as24.postimg.org_tx1knc981_Untitled.jpg_f712bd27059c48da01e98758cf2c0a5e.jpg

I guess my avatar isn't particularly original; it is Lisa Hayes (Misa Hayase) from Robotech (Macross). I use it because I love the character, and how sensitively written she was, both in her original incarnation and after Carl Macek translated her to the states. Some characters translate well in all languages.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back