• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Awesome Quotes

"What information consumes is rather obvious: it consumes the attention of its recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention, and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it."

--Nobel laureate economist Herbert Simon

I like that quote yangfan.

Doc: You know what they say: People in glass houses sink sh... sh... sh... ships.
Rocco: I got to buy you a proverb book or something, because this mix 'n' match shit's got to go.
Murphy: And don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen.

Boondock Saints.

"When we want a civilian's opinion, we'll elect him president."
-Major Nash and the best EE teacher ever, coincidentally.

I have a few

From Shadow Hearts 2

Gepetto: Man she packs quite a wallop doesn't she?
Yuri: yeah...
Gepetto: damn I saw only stars too
Yuri: he he he
Gepetto: you saw something?
Yuri: paradise
Gepetto: dammit...I didnt see anything......

(after looking up Karin's new skirt )

later

Yuri: So old man is there anything you can do about this mistletoe?
Gepetto: Maybe if I learn more....
Yuri: ......what haveyou learned so far.
Gepetto: I think you're screwed.

Thanks Tim. :)

And now, I will inflict upon you all some doggy quotes:

When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem.
-Edward Abbet

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
-Robert Benchley

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.
-Samuel Butler

Actually, scientific testing has proven that knowing is only 15% of the battle. The vast majority is kicking ass, with around 5% being "looking cooler than everyone else."
- ...some guy from the Dumpshock forums

Soldiers can win battles and generals get the medals
- Napoleon Bonaparte

The first advice I am going to give my successor is to watch the generals and to advoid feeling that just because they where military men their opimions on military matters gives a damn
- John F. Kennedy

The Americans are a funny lot; they drink whisky to keep them warm; then thet put ice in to make it cool; they put sugar in to make it sweet, and then they put a slice of lemon in to make it sour. Then they say 'here's to you' and drink it themselves
-B.N. Chakravarty

A Yankee is one who, if he gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't let him go
-R. W. Emerson

"There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you."

- Mazer Rackham, "Ender's Game" (Orson Scott Card)

"Individual human beings are all tools, that the
others use to help us all survive."

- Colonel Graff, "Ender's Game" (Orson Scott Card)

Stand firm in your refusal to remain concious durin algebra. I real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra
- Fran Lebowitz

In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is bad
- Friedrich Nietzsche

A professor is a man whose job it is to tell students how to solve the problems of life that he himself has tried to avoid by becoming a profesor

He may be dead; or, he may be teaching English
- Cormac McCarthy

The average schoolmaster is and always must be an ass, for how can one imagine an intelligant man engaging in so puerile an avocation?
- H. L. Mencken

It is when the gods hate a man with uncommon abhorrence that they drive him into the profession of schoolmaster.
- Seneca (64 AD)

Madam Wu - "Soon Lisa you will have Chinese sister to outshine you academically!"
Lisa - "I dont know, they say Im pretty smart."
Wu - "Well, they say Tibet was pretty independant."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back