Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

I knew I wrote it as something else -- then all of a sudden it changed on me :D

Thought I was going crazy for a moment there, until I checked for that character on the wiki and saw she was using a different surname. After that, I assumed you had edited my post for that reason, so no biggy. ;)

I figure Raz might appreciate having room to respond, so, refraining from replying for the moment.

5tar & Tom: It might be easier for other roleplayers to have something going if you too were more active - I haven't seen you in a bit now.

Well, okay 5tar. Thanks for informing us.

I'll be making my next post to move the plot forward sometime monday 21st. Probably in the evening.

How is it that Akiko heard Arkase's telepathic message? Part of Arkase's policy for command is "praise in public, discipline in private" sort of thing. The message was supposed to be private, and unless it's too late I can go back and edit it?

I kind of read 'direct' as 'private' too.

I'm sure Tom will have no problem making the correction. I suggest you PM that suggestion to him with linking the concerned posts for him to review (Khasidel and I have been posting a lot in an effort to wrap up the ship-to-ship conflict quickly).

SSharp, the person Khasidel controlled that was with Arkase was a science officer named Takagi Miyuki. "Tachihara" is with Kotori on the bridge.

Yep ! :D

Nomiya Shizuko is currently piloting the ship on the bridge.

Tachihara Reika is currently at the comms station on the bridge.

Takagi Miyuki is in the crew lounge. As a science officer, her normal duty station is manning the sensors but because you needed more techie people for a DC team, I had her ask if you wanted her to remain. In addition to the normal DC training, she does also have some engineering skill.

Narita Kyōko is in a hemosythetic tube getting put back together, so she's no help right now :(

I think for now on I'll add the names of the character's and their location's above the text and paragraphs relating to their actions. It might help avoid confusion caused by the many different pc's/npc's i'm operating. :D

posting tomorrow definitely. sorry for the hold up.

That's great news, Raz. I look forward to seeing more activity from you.

Speaking of activity, I'd like to note something.

I just spent a couple of days actively shooting out several posts with Khasidel. With that in mind, I want to make clear a few things.

• One thing I try to reward is activity. Khasidel has been one of the people whom has been the most consistently posting in this plot, and his initiative is largely to blame for us having the wiki page we have.
  • I'd like to think that anyone trying to be as consistently active would also have the opportunity to receive a similar focus. Perhaps there's a certain favoritism in display here, but it's one I'd like to think can be passed around to other participants of this plot as well.
  • One key point is that if I offer a more pivotal spotlight to a less frequent poster that it makes the pacing of the plot significantly slow down. My goal as GM is to keep things moving to keep interest high. So, in a way, granting attention is me gambling on an investment I hope will be worth it. This could be a chicken and the egg thing, but still, experience can dissuade me from picking certain members more than others.
  • As you might have noticed from my recent treatment of Raz and 5tar's characters, when there are characters capable of being pivotal not being able to keep consistent pace at one time, I try to sideline them in a way that makes (some) sense, rather than just have them stand still or wait days and days on them in the hopes of seeing a post. ICly, then, it makes more sense for us rather than just having them uncharacteristically stand in a daze.
  • I'm realizing that I actually have a very small number of participants that have characters interested in ship-to-ship operations. I felt that singling out one of my most active player, Khasidel, and getting in a posting spree was also a good way to quickly progress past that situation without causing too great of a delay for the other people not as involved in it.

:D Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't usually be able to post any more than twice a day or so due to work, except on whatever days I get off. Fortunately, I've been on holiday from work for the last two weeks -- and I've still got another two weeks to go before I need to go back.

I have practically no social life, and pretty much all I've done has been to sit in front of my computer making forum posts :P .

I'll see if I can increase my posting rate. I'm starting to finalize my entrance into medschool so my time is stretched as is. But I'll see what I can do.

I try to post as often as I can but I've gotten stuck a few times. right now, internet is down in the hotels on this side of base but hopefully, it will be back up tomorrow. i'll try to post from my phone.

I appreciate the intent, but I think you're seeing my previous post in a light I did not intend it to be. It was really more transparency on how I try to function.

That aside, I'm thinking I could be doing at some point a fast-forward of events which would lead to thread 0.7 - that'd skip things to the arrival to an hospital and part of the PCs stay there as they recover and prepare for what comes next.

Does anyone want to do something in particular before that happens?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back