Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Started thread 0.7

Fun hospital stay are fun

My attention mostly went to the more heavily wounded and Sora, along with sidelining Sumaru a bit since 5tar hasn't been around much. We're bound to see him again soon, though if 5tar doesn't show up by then, I'll likely shamelessly auto him.

Those whom were the least wounded were let go. Unless told otherwise by your superiors, your time is yours to figure out what to do with.

Recently watched an episode of 'My Little Ponies' for the first time. *shudder*

I am now stuck thinking of Konoka as having the same personality and voice as the character 'Pinkie-Pie'.

I am deeply disturbed and terrorfied by this.

I recently became a pegasister (that's like a brony, but a chick) myself, Khas, and YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT.

Konoka basically IS Pinkie Pie, if Pinkie Pie were a moe Catgirl who could kill you in several different ways. ^_^

Tom, just to point out: Nicholas was the one person not in the room, and elsehwere in the hospital. Fuyu passing by him likely meant that she wasn't in/near Akiko's room either. You may want to revise the last third of Akiko's post accordingly.

Kim and I will likely keep pitching posts between our characters for the next few days, I believe.

As for the rest of you guys, I think it might be a good idea for Raz' next post to relocate your group to this 'Star Army Command'. Probably the Kyoto 'Spire', right? Just narrate Nicholas securing a conference room for his group and then you can get some talking/idea throwing going.

As it will have been past 3 days since Khasidel's post in relation to Nicholas Saiga tommorow, I'll be autoing things up to a suitable locale for a conference if Raz can't manage a post by then.

Sorry, sorry. I will post tomorrow when I wake up.

So with my post, I intended it to move us on. Only really left it open-ended because SSharp's character seemed to have come all the way to the hospital to say something. So, uh, feel free to post over at HQ guys.

Rather than wait for everyone to add their "I joined in, travelled with them and I'm now entering the room" posts, I suggest that the assumption be made that everyone is already present.

That way, those with something to discuss can start right away, and others can just jump in. I think it'll be less awkward and time consuming this way.

Considering how Reika and Nicholas were the ones with the most contact to Kotori, most of the load for the conversation will likely be up to you. However, in sharing this over a conference table, this carries the advantage of letting the others become aware of the same and allows them to reflect on it/add thier opinions too.

It's, namely, one of the best ways to get Arkase - whom hasn't benefitted from being in the thick of things - involved.

Okay, made a slight modification to my last post -- now we can assume the whole crew has pretty much already arrived, skip the arrival posts, and get down to business. :D

Yesterday was such a horrible day. Today is better, the Sora feels will happen... onceI get at least another hourof sleep.

I'm posting tomorrow for the bigger group if Raz has not by the time I get to it.

Furthermore, a precision has been added to the posting expectation of the Byakuren plot.

Each player is expected to show activity averaging 3 posts per week. It is also suggested that you subscribe to the RP and OOC threads.

In cases where a lack of replies keeps the plot at a standstill, Fred will wait until the third day, at which point he will take temporary control of said PC to move things onwards. If this occurs twice in a row, the character will be set aside in a suitable manner to the context. Suffice to say that to maintain an active pace, involved PCs are expected to be active as well; higher-ranked PCs are also touched by this since their more plot-pivotal position also demands consistent implication since they are depended upon by the other participants.

In cases of inactivity, Fred will generally bypass characters and place them in a position where they won't hold up plot progression for the others. After one month, it's very likely Fred will remove the PC from the plot.

I've also invited Aendri to be present with his PC, as Nick's e-mail would've reached her too. Not that she will have a lot to add, but being part of the 'debrief' might help put her up to speed at the very least.

And to clarify: Moonman and Sigma have dropped out of the plot.

I've created a new 0.8 thread, where I've copy-pasted the portion of Khasidel's post bringing the crew to Star Army headquarters.

I figured it'd help keep things clear for you guys as you confer, discuss what your group went through, ask questions to some of your members whom have more information if you want, and such.

Part of this plot's premise implicated that the PCs would be doing more than just letting themselves gamely lead by the nose. While this is 'downtime', it's also your chance to be proactive and - more importantly - interact with each other and further the roleplay of your PCs within their group.

It might not look like it, but I'm presently in a period where I'm trying to adapt my plot to suit the people participating in this plot. This in an important time defining what you could look forward to.

As it stands, I apologize for not having posted more over the past week or two. I've kind of written myself into a corner with Fuyu considering her civilian status and a slight lack in the will to post with her. It's difficult to get into the headspace for her. But not only that I'm having to put my plans for Medschool on hold. I'm having to instead begin to try and pull together a financial plan for, four to six weeks as I intend to have surgery.

The surgery is to remove a ruptured disc in my back that has been pressing against the sciatic nerve bundle in my left side. Thus far I've simply dealt with the pain. But I'm beginning to notice worse, and worse symptoms and may eventually lose the full use of my left leg resulting in paralysis of it. As a result I'm opting for surgery in which case I'll be out of work for four to six weeks while I recover.

I'll be doing it at home mostly and should be able to keep a decent posting rate provided I can amend the situation I face with Fuyu. Until then while stressing, and with slightly frayed nerves I intend to at least try and rectify some of the issues regarding Fuyu.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back