Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

That's a fair assessment! I got done early today so I should be posting once I thaw out. I got thrown a last minute historical research/current events prsentation before my regular prsentation today so it ate my evening.

If there isn't any movement on the conference front today, I'm going to move Akiko somewhere else.

She's tied up right now and I want to get into writing some backstory stuff.

Sounds fine to me, Tom.

As we're starting a new mission, it might be a good idea for you guys to revisit your wiki bios and put them up to speed.

@Kim. Got bored and tried my hand at making some chibis for Reika, Tsukiko and Kosuka -- honestly they're actually a kind of a frankenstein's monster composite of other chibi's built in photoshop :P I got lazy and couldn't be bothered making them from scratch.

Wes was actually asking me about the 'new' chibis earlier today. I had assumed until then they they had been ones he had ordered.

Speaking of art, what do you guys think of the new Zairyo artwork Wes ordered for those whom donated?

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ch ... olas_saiga
Nick looks nice, if a little generic. I do find it's a great improvement over his previous depiction.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/lib/exe/fetch. ... areika.png
Reika here is... hard to say. I look at the picture and kind of feel it could've come out better than it did. It's hard to explain - and it's not a bad picture - but I kind of feel Khasidel's previous art of Reika was more... Reika-like? (hence I kind of get why he's sticking to it rather than this newest version).

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ch ... kata_yaeko
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ch ... ubei_kyoka
Though not part of our crew, these are my favorites out of Zairyo's most recent batch. Especially Kyoka, whom I feel came out pleasantly cute and feminine.

I have to agree and say I really like the depictions of Saiga, Kyoka and Yaeko, they look pretty good :D . Whilst there's nothing I can see that's really wrong or off about the Reika image, I honestly do prefer my more recent drawing of Reika -- it might just be the amount of effort I put into making it causes me to be biased, though :P .

I was planning on fiddling with the other existing chibi's and update them all to the new duty uniform look so that they all match... plus try and make some chibi's for the NPC characters. Though I'm in no particular rush.

Welcome, Shotjon!

Khasidel, I'm about to throw Reika a curveball - you might get a third person to interview.

Also, I just whipped up a wiki page for Kotori - she didn't have a picture gallery of her own. I figure, now that she's given her two swords to Sora, that she'll end up more like this.

See that foxy expression of hers? Kotori knows something you don't! =P

@ShotJon: Welcome to the party :D

@Fred: Awesome artwork :) Love Kotori in a china dress

If you don't mind my asking, who might be showing up? Or is it supposed to be a surprise?

Moogle's Kyoka.

To quickly summarize:
Five months ago he was interested in the Byakuren's pitch, and since the timing for Aeon and Byakuren's newest mission coincided, I notified him about the opening being there if he wanted to take it.

Moggle felt Kyoka had a unique position on Aeon as highest ranking PC (and, like five months ago, I agreed), but was interested in the reason why because he hoped to roleplay the dilemma of leaving or staying on Aeon.

I provided him the Ketsurui Taskforce adventure hook, and turns out he felt it would have interested Kyoka far more than he expected. Then he told me he and Nashoba were working on a JP about Kyoka transfering - hence my making mention that you might be getting a third person to interview.

...Oi, Khasidel.

Reika's eyes are the color of amethysts, not amythest.

Also, you keep confusing your 'S' at the end of some words.

The simple 'S' for is pluralizing words - indicating that there's more than one. Like... "There was an officer/There were two officers"

When using the apostrophe 'S what you're either applying a contraction, such as "It's nothing" being short for "It is nothing". The other way you'll see it used is as a possessive: "The officer's gun", "Reika's eyes" and so forth.

Those are probably your most recurrent mistakes. If you check back in thread 0.9 where it's just you and me, you'll notice tons of them. ^_^;

There, fixed it for my last post I think -- plus modified the bit about the door being locked. If it's locked, how can Kyoka get in if she's going to show up? :D

Only thing that I noticed in your last post, Kim. You greeted Reika with 'Good morning' :D

It's 2pm in the afternoon according to Fred's opening post :P

Okay, so, I believe thread 0.7 is more or less done. That certainly came close to stretching non-18+ plot constraints. ^_^;

Not sure why the people in thread 0.8 have come to a standstill. you could be posting more beyond just the matter discussed in the conference room, try to know each other and such. When given downtime, PCs in otherplots seem to take advantage of it. You might want to as well.

Elbow nudge yourselves into roleplaying. You're members of this plot becuase you want to roleplay, right?

All I'm waiting on now is the suitable completion of the briefing for thread 1.0- there's no rush; people are supposed to be able to fend for themselves in thread .8 - in the meantime, I'm taking the opportunity to straighten up a few things about our plot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back