Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Okay have slown down friends. When it comes to this there are only two options. One: for people to start posting again. Two: Move forward to next thing on schedule. I am all for continuing this dinner thingey, but we needz more postz!

*winces* Yes more posts! :?

*smacks himself upside the head* Hey you; stop lazying around and get typing!

Okay, so, I'd say the brunch scene is more or less ended.

Here is my plan:
I am going to leave thread 1.1 open awhile longer. If there is anyone whom would like to cover happenings covering the Asamoya's preparations and departure I would like you to announce so here. I can arrange TitanPad pages allowing you guys to work on whichever scene you like and then we can post them in chronological order once we're all done.

In the meantime, I will be starting thread 1.2 - 1.2 is meant to cover the simulation Nicholas Saiga wants to run for his crew. This simulation is assumed to be held a couple of days after Asamoya has launched, during that survey of the Blue Rift expanse. This will be the active thread I want you to be active in regularily until it is complete.

Raz, you're going to have to tell me how you want that simulation to go. While it may be planned by Saiga and implemented by Asamoya, as GM/arbiter I'll be the one narrating and making calls on it. Now would be the best time to fill me in.

While we cover the simulation, there will surely be downtime on the ship. However you wish your characters to be occupied during it is up to you, but I encourage you to create a wishlist with your fellow roleplayers and get some JPs going. This isn't mandatory, but rather to fill out the time during said survey mission.

Before immediately moving on to Thread 1.2, I want to hear from you people as to what you look forward to doing.

Really?

You know, I'm about done badgering for participation. There are plots which are practically begging for their GM to post more often and here I am, generally able to post at-least daily in a premise where I'm encouraging your characters to be more influential if they show initiative and forethought.

And... you don't post/discuss when asked what you would look forward to do and to plan coming roleplaying stuff. I sent PMs, I should have some people aware enough to speak up and yet I don't. Am I to understand that this group has sunk to such a rut of inactivity as to not even be interested anymore?

I'll outline this bluntly: if you don't participate as a group, there's no plot. If there's no plot, I'll retcon thread 1.* into nonexistence, ask for this to be archived and send you on your way.

Don't know what else can be done than just to try to get some roleplay going across our fronts.

Akiko implied pulling Reika away for some 'spy talk stuff.' Hopefully, we can tackle that in a titanpad if you're free, Khas. :)

Shotjon, Konoka, this is probably a good time for your two characters to get to know each other on better terms. Perhaps some Moe/Konoka would be good for a bit?

Raz, you can probably take charge and manage the organization of the actual simulation with Soresu. Maybe RP laying out some details or something.

Fred, try to remain positive as we try to right this ship. Perhaps get Kotori involved with a PC that hasn't had much attention maybe.

Is Kyoka still around?

I would like to say that I do not check forums every day. I try to, but I don't. I like this plot, I enjoy it a lot. I would be really sad for it to go.

@Tom:

After receiving some suggestions from Fred earlier, I was going to have Reika invite Akiko off the ship along with Shizuko during one of the days between the present RP and the ships actual launch so that they could discuss stuff in private without being overheard by the omnipresent Fuyu :P

It would also allow them all the chance to make whatever last minute preparations the SAINT crew members can before returning to a ship where their actions will be essentially monitored 24/7. Possibly pick up useful equipment etc, and Reika could also go retrieve that shuttle that Sune left for their use.

EDIT: I'll post a reply soon. 'bout to leave for the theatres to watch the new Iron Man movie :P

Sorry for the lack of communication. That's probably the problem here. I intend to ask Fuyu for an avatar's attention soon for some modifications to the first exercise (which, I assume, will be the RPd one, as training should happen more than what's on screen).

Beyond that, I'm hoping to JP with Doshii regarding samurai stuff. We were supposed to today but that fell through. Hoping that our schedules line up within a day or two. If not, I'll drop this thread.

ShotJon said:
I would like to say that I do not check forums every day. I try to, but I don't. I like this plot, I enjoy it a lot. I would be really sad for it to go.
Why not subscribe to the Byakuren forum? You will get an email reminder to visit whenever someone posts in this forum since your last visit. The subscribe link is below the New Topic button.

Attachments

• subscribe forum.webp
    subscribe forum.webp
    29 KB · Views: 8
Suffering from multiple mental ailments post-finals is fun. Sorry for the wait. I'll *definitely* post later today.

Scratch my previous statement. I'll post once 1.2 is up. I don't really have anything to say at this point.

Tom said:
Shotjon, Konoka, this is probably a good time for your two characters to get to know each other on better terms. Perhaps some Moe/Konoka would be good for a bit? [...]

Is Kyoka still around?

We're kind of talking in the OoC thread, planning for anything people would like to roleplay/create a thread/JP either before the Asamoya leaves port, or during the weeks the survey will take.

If you don't feel up to that, then just participating in thread 1.2 suffices.

Earlier, I sent PMs to determine whom was still with us, and I didn't get any reply from Konoka and Kim. Therefore, Konoka Miyazawa and Innen Tsukiko will be removed from this plot.

For Konoka... well, I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but her Eucharis track record suggested otherwise.

I am aware of Kim's issues but I've stretched about as much as I could: she hasn't been able to maintain the presence needed for a first officer and I can no longer put her on the ice pretending her character is still active.

As things stand, I'm going to assume they both don't leave port.

This said: do you guys have any news for me?

I'm just waiting for a reply in-character. I can post a response to whatever Tom writes after work.

I don't know what has been up with Kim; haven't seen her online in a few weeks. Konoka hasn't been away all that long; though she apparently hasn't checked in on the site since the 8th.

Was a hectic but productive day today. I'll finish my post when I wake up tomorrow. It's nothing that should drag on though.

Umm. Whoa. Hey. I didn't leave the plot.

Due to issues with my computer, the only place I can access this thread is my phone. I used up my phone's monthly data allowance, so I had to wait for a new billing period to start before I could post again.

New billing period started today. So I can RP again. Sorry.

Please don't boot me.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back