Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 October and November 2024 are YE 46.8 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Next GM post up!
@Tom @Nyton @Doshii Jun @Khasidel

I like to say how the last episode of Games of Throne's Season 6 is an explosive conclusion. Well, this battle just ended with a crushing conclusion.

As the battle is over, I don't need any particular posting order from you guys at the moment.

Everyone: "Holy SHIT so that happened. Let's do as Kotorious says and GTFO."

But Tom: "Uh, guys? Loyalty, anyone? Caring? Friendship? Love?!"

No really, everyone: "GTFO or WE DED"

Next post elaborates further on Kotori's condition
@Khasidel @Nyton

Nyton and Reika both have the knowledge to use first aid, that being pretty much the extent of their medical skills. However, Nyton's background does provide him with significantly more insights in the matter: something I chalk up to his longer human upbringing and family occupations.

I was this close to having Suzume go "Touzen Desho!" at Yukari, but decided to use english instead for ease of reading.

New post up, mostly for
@Nyton @Khasidel

Nyton: "Can I haz needle?"

Suzume has a needle! Because every tech knows it's super annoying to not have one on hand when you need to do a factory reset on a router, a smartphone and other kind of misbehaving IT appliances.

Though she also proposes the 'neko blood solves everything' solution typical of most nekos that aren't medics.

Suzume: "I learned everything from Yukari-senpai."
Yukari: *smiles sheepishly, no longer quite as naive after Tom's latest brush with death*

New post up, mostly for
@Nyton @Khasidel

Things remain uneventful above. No pursuit or enemy for the moment.

Nyton is stitching, and time is flying by faster than he'd like. The air is getting thinner. He's under pressure, and given how much he cares, self-doubts don't go away.

My latest post was meant to emphasize that kind of nervousness and tension. The uncertainty of not knowing if he's doing it right, of if its actually a good idea to continue as he has. Maybe it is. Maybe it's not.

@Tom,
Yukari is essentially perving on your character as the area is losing air and they're being pursued and Kotori is dying so maybe Tom should, like, talk to his wife because this probably isn't the time for her to be admiring his battle/bed prowess.

Jeez, Yukari.

@Tom @Nyton @Doshii Jun @Khasidel

Reika breathes more air in Kotori, but the shoving on the chest comes with mixed blessings.
Suzume maimed Reika's tail and tried to use what resulted to do something for any internal bleeding on Kotori's part.
Nyton and Tom can still see straight... for now. But the pressure is growing life-threatening. The nekos can handle that somewhat longer, but it's arrived to a point where if they don't take their leave, they might not be able to save Kotori after all.

@Nyton @Tom @Doshii Jun @Khasidel

Suzume notes there's a lot of awkward in the current setup of the group and seems in favor of covering the 200 meters it'd take to reach the pressure door that will lead to the maintenance passages around the neighboring shipyard E.

Furthermore, I did some work on our thread structure. Thread 2.2 turned out lasting a bit too long, so, at the point where Kotori seems to attack Himiko, I created "2.3 Shadow Vipers". At the point where you make your escape before Kotori rams the YSS Himiko over the gravity-paralyzed Shadow Vipers, I created "2.4 Fear the Reaper".

Nyton did remind me of an inspiration I planned to use for something that'd come a little later, so, I used it early. :)

Nekovalkyrja Type 33 - Wiki Article said:
The NH-33 is equipped with a pair of engineered lungs for supplying oxygen to the body. Typical rate of respiration is 8 - 10 per minute. The lungs have a lower section that stores oxygen in nodules. These can be released to prevent Hypoxia, an NH-33 possesses enough stored oxygen to hold their breath comfortably for a maximum of ten minutes under normal operation, or augment their breathing for twenty minutes in a low oxygen environment.

If we're going with what the wiki article says about the NH-33 nekovalkyrja in the group -- Yukari and Reika -- are probably going to be fine air-wise until they reach their destination if its only 200 or so meters away; assuming that they're flying relatively slow and trying to keep Kotori stable in deference to her injuries, the trip would take 5-10 minutes max -- though Suzume and Yukari seem to be putting the emphasis on speed at the moment ^_^;

...Actually Reika, like you mentioned in post, would probably start seeing issues due to having to give up air to Kotori constantly -- on second thought, probably only Yukari should have no troubles getting to the door :P .

Suzume and Kotori being NH-29 or some variant thereof, are probably similarly capable to NH-33 or close to it. Not sure how different from normal humans Tom and Nyton would be in this regard, seeing as they have older NH-22C Yamataian bodies. Somewhere better than human (5 minutes holding their breath?) but less capable than the nekovalkyrja, probably.

Then there is also how long it takes for brain damage to start occurring when deprived of oxygen for nekos/yamataians. Humans take roughly 5 minutes without air for brain cells to start dying off; given they're generally more robust, it would probably take longer for such damage to occur -- and it might even be repairable afterwards, given their regenerative capabilities.

Meh, random musing. I'll go along with whatever Fred/you guys decide, but just thought I'd mention these things that came to mind, anyways. Posting my RP reply now :P

RPG-D RPGfix
Back