Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 October and November 2024 are YE 46.8 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

@Nyton
Try to put some thinking on how you want the CAMIE Nyton will board to be outfitted. Just pay mind that the machine ought to be kitted out for early ship structure assembly. The CAMIE Nyton will board will just 'happen' to be that way.

Just an update about my availability:
I've been hired to work IT at an hospital. It's a 3-month probationary contract which can be extended if things work out (which is the usual for IT consultant jobs).
I should work with schedules going from 8 AM to 4PM, up to 9AM to 5PM.
I don't know what kind of internet access I'll have over there to keep an eye on StarArmy yet. Possibly none; though it's not like you guys require much more than bi-weekly interaction at our current pace. :)

I start Monday next week.

Last edited:
Nyton is well versed enough in Yamataian military tech and samurai stuff to know what he's up against.

A welding unit would make perfect sense on a shipyard construction-outfitted CAMIE. Would a welding torch be of great help killing an M7? Perhaps not all that much.

True, but I'm thinking damage a sensor, destroy a weapon, maaaaaaybe blind it a little, spot weld its feet to the floor. Something delayey so they can maybe survive and flee. Yeah nothing fantastic.

Meant to emphasize this was not likely to work. We're doomed!

Last edited:
Does Tom, as an engineer, know how to effectively seal a door behind him so that following is difficult? IE: The enemy armor has to blow a hole through the door. Or is that something that would have no effect in delaying the opponent (IE: Can make that hole in an instant)

As an engineer, Tom has a few tricks up his sleeve. For one, as I kind of alluded to, Tom was the best possible pilot for the CAMIEs. but things didn't quite pan out that way.
As for the door; yup, I think that's within the realm of feasability.

The M7 would need to bore through the door with its aether saber for awhile, or use many of its mini-missiles to gain entry to it if the door was closed and the system to open it sabotaged (nothing a few well-placed rifle shots won't be able to do once Tom has sealed it to a close).

Bear in mind that if this roadblock holds, it will present difficulties to Nyton and Yukari following the same route should they survive and need to retreat on foot.

Yukari: *amid playing a rather fatalistic game of grab-ass with an M7* "Better me doing this than my husband. This SARAH does not have enough 'meat' for him to paw with those very nice han -- " *is almost figuratively cut off by an aether saber going above her head in the cockpit*

Sorry guys, please be patient, I'm trying to get the time to post, lately had matters, I know we've got action stuff going on, don't mean to slow it down, just need a minute, will try tonight.

As I understand it, Tom closed the hatch and then blasted the console. He wants the M7 to go the brute force way through, rather than just 'turning the door handle' way.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back