Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 October and November 2024 are YE 46.8 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

No, it's okay. The NH-33 article is somewhat more dense feature-wise than the NH-29 was, and since not many of my Miharu NPCs are actually NH-33, I haven't bothered with minutiae like that. I just went for what I found relateable (based on what I wikipedia-ed), which was that spacy nekos are likely made to resist exposure to vaccuum more (the NH-29 came shortly after Hanako died of hypoxia/asphyxiation, so, that was a concern) - so, the reminder is cool to have.

I see -- I somehow came under the impression that during the whole her going into SAINT training she changed to a Stealth-type neko at some point, but I must have misremembered that little detail :P

I'm giving @Khasidel until the end of his tuesday/beginning of his wednesday to contribute anything more. If we get to his wednesday afternoon without anything, I'll like push things onward.

@Tom is welcome to post, but I don't think there's much more that can actually be added on his end that he hasn't already expressed.

And now for my latest post, tension abounds!
@Tom @Khasidel @Doshii Jun @Nyton

Your flight is stalled by the menace posed by nodal support bits. If they spot you, the M7 SARAH linked with them via AIES will know. By themselves, they're a potent threat to infantry, but if a power armor gets involved, things will look very dire for you guys.

Time to channel your inner Solid Snake/McGyver, folks. :)

There should be a plasma rifle and a zesuaium shield. Both have seen use: as in, plasma rifle not on full charge, zesuaium shield was shot at with aether weaponry - and we're not in the Blue Rift, so aether stuff does full damage on Daisy armors (which means, a lot).

Bear in mind that using the rifle will be awkward at best. Not only is it big, but it's also extremely heavy and also hot. The last time I had someone try that unarmored, it was Kai Nakamura, and he was not wildly successful.

Reika: "So, Nyton Bond. Inspector Nyton. Nyton Hunt. Nyton Wayne, the Batman. MacNyton."

Nyton: "I used my last gizmo three scenes ago."

Reika: "So, Tom. Tom Bond. Inspector Tom ... "

~Epilogue~

Reika, outfitted in more devices than a RadioShack: "Call me Gizmo Girl."

Kotorious: "I'll call you 'difficult to undress girl.' "

My next post is up.
@Doshii Jun @Tom @Nyton @Khasidel

Once Yukari gives the sign, the group cautiously tries to creep out, hoping to slip by the trap and continue on - hopefully home free if they can escape that noose.

Of course, as is typical, the REaper shows he is not yet ready to let them slip past his bony claws.

Yukari: "I gotta hold them off until you get to safety! I may not make it but we've got to do it! Nyton, take charge and go!"

Nyton: "Shit, Yukari's gonna get skewered down there! I'll help her, no time to waste! Reika, take charge and go!"

Tom: "..." *that's my wife who is going to get pasted down there...*

Yukari: "I gotta hold them off until you get to safety! I may not make it but we've got to do it! Nyton, take charge and go!"
*everyone instead decides to stay to help Yukari fight off the pursuing enemy*
Reika: "You have my sword!"
Tom: "And my axe!"
Suzume: "Wrong IP, guys." >_>;
Yukari: "You guys, I'm so moved, but- No one understands what a chain of command is anymore!"
Nyton: "Yeah, way to waste my valiant sacrifice."
Yukari: "I don't want to hear that from you!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back