Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze Breath, A Long Time coming (3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Station on the way to the dive bar.

Misato had caught the glair, it wasn't all that hard to catch.... She was about to start into Freyja again she she saw Chieko. hey Science Kitty.. need help here. this Hei lost her damned pistol..." she sent the message to to Cheiko as she kept following Freyja. She just hoped the Biologist would keep her from killing the Hei and having to explain herself to the captain.

The address seemed odd to Chieko, not even being a Neko, but she did what she could to excuse herself and followed after the Heisho. Normally it was well drilled into every recruit to keep their weapons with them. A problem in the making? The scientist hoped not.

Freyja kept walking, retracing her steps towards the club. Why didn't I just leave the thing in the hotel? She asked herself as she went along. The Hei racked her brain for how exactly she failed to return with the pistol. maybe they had some more drinks and she passed out, or was too sloshed to get across a sentance to Elina about the pistol. In fact where did Elina disapear to exactly? She might have a better idea of what happened to it. It might have been stolen be some of those punks. Maybe. She glanced at the newcomer for a moment and said nothing. Right, that was that science officer that was on a date or something with the infantry girl.

Station :: Hotel

Elina tossed Freyja's purse with her service pistol and other documents, onto the stand. After she got some sleep, she would return Freyja's stuff to her. She still had to pack and move her stuff back to the YSS Soyokaze. At least Frejya's important stuff was secured.

She unwrapped the disk that contained her music and put it in the player. She cranked it up just loud enough not disturb others in the next room, but definitely prevented her from hearing those in the hallway. She smiled at hearing her songs from a time before NMX devastated her home-world out on the fringe.

The shuttle returning Chiasa was making its final approach to the space station. Chiasa looked at her 'collection' of packages. Shopping had actually been somewhat enjoyable. Trying to find items for herself and her friend Elina. She was actually looking forward to seeing the rather exuberant person.

Once the shuttle landed and she could disembark she started making arrangements for accommodations. She knew the hotel that Elina was staying in so she secured a room there. Once she was out of the docking area she flagged down a courier and gave them her luggage and most of her packages to take them to her hotel room.

Now free of her burdens she set off to find Elina.

Outside the club

After several minutes of 'silence' as they walked to the club, They arrived to find it closed. More accurately, somone appeared to be locking it up for the final time today. "You've got to be kidding me." she muttered just loud enough for the pair behind her to hear as she walked up to the owner. "Hey! We're looking for a blue purse that was left here."

The person turned around, pocketing the keys and was about to tell the voice to screw off when he saw three nekos infrotn of him. Two of which had murderous expressions. "Oh, I think one of you already came by for it, scared one of my waitresses half to death, saying a SAINT officer came and took it, saying it was hers."

As the club's apperent owner spoke these words, Freyja felt a sense of fear, anger, and urgency. "Who ever took that wasn't a SAINT officer, my serice pistol was inside it." After a few seconds of clueless horror, Freyja's eyes lit up. "I think we need to see footage from your cameras."

"Look lady, I don't think that's-"

"Cameras." she insisted, with the threat of violence underlying her voice.

Well, The owner of the club merely grinned. This was interesting, either three nekos were masquarading as soldiers, somone was disguised as a SAINT officer, or there was currently some infighting between the two. Besides, at least two of those neko's looked extremely angry. "Allright, I'll see what I can do about that." he pulled his keys back out of his pocket.

Last edited:
Station : hotel room

Elina moved gracefully about her room, semi-dancing to the music with the occasional spins. listening to the music she had created and recorded. She was happy that Freyja had a good time experiencing new things.

Taking notice of the time, Elina jumped into the shower, singing along with the song. She'll return Freyja stuff in the morning when she moved her stuff back on the board the Soyokaze.

Back room of the club

the footage was crappy and the lighting worse. The figure stepped into frame, only to have their face remaining in the shadows. They held something up and said something, but the audio was garbled from the radio that was playing as the club crew was cleaning up.The employee handed a bag over and then the shadow figure, possibly fake SAINT operative, turned and left.

Once the footage was viewed Misato looked at Freyja and frowned, "You are a bag full of problems are you not..." She shook her head and looked over her shoulder at Chiako the Totally not a neko Minkan, who is not related to a neko what so ever, I don't care what you have heard. "What do we do about this?" this question was directed to the two and neither at the same time.

Back room of the club

Freyja groaned and did a head-desk upon seeing the footage, a loud thump being the only sound for about a tenth of a second, along with disturbing the serenity of a cold cup of stale, old coffee, just before Misato spoke.

Finally, Freyja answered"Well, we can ask if there are cameras outside the club that don't suck, cameras for the station itself, threaten to search every single person's home, or we can leave and pretend like all of this never happened...." She said while still in the state of having her head planted on the desk/table thing.

She lifted her head back up and glared at the owner of the Club Of Crappy Cameras. She then simply turned and stared at the camera's footage once again, as if trying to perform some dark ritual where the screen would magically get clearer. "Those last two sound really unlikely to get the pistol back though."

Back room

Chieko probably spent more time looking around at everything than at the video, though she was a little disappointed at how boring the much fabled location was. Besides, the first few seconds of the video told her enough that it wouldn't provide enough detail.

"I wonder if there were enough cameras to see where they came from?" the biologist offered while looking at an old poster, "If they sat down anywhere it would offer us a possibility at finding a clue."

Back room

As Freyja stared at the tapes, she took a particular interest in the... striking clothes the false SAINT officer was wearing. Bright neon blouse, black dress, and sandals. Even through the crappy quality, and crappier lighting, there was no hiding that outfit fom the cameras. That particular outfit was disturbingly familiar. Her mind raced through the possibilities that Elina was some kind of thief or, perhaps an enemy spy. But then she shook that thought out of her head, that would be stupid to go through all that trouble to befriend a crew member after already getting in the ship, and just as quickly getting off the ship with said crew member, only to steal a pistol after incapacitating the crew member through alcoholic beverages. There was a substantial possibility that Elina was the one in the tape, and that she may or may not actually be a SAINT officer. Freyja just stared at the screen in confusion as she tried to sort all this out in her head.

After the fact of sorting her thoughts, separating concrete facts and opinions, she realized she had no hard facts, other than the mysterious figure was wearing clothes exactly like Elina had been wearing. She knew where to find Elina, but she definitely didn't want to get her in trouble whether or not she actually has the gun. Okay, you got this Freyja, its a simple fix, ditch these two... some how, and get to the hotel, and figure things out after that. Even if Elina actually had the gun, and actually broke into a club, the question of whether or not she was a SAINT officer was secondary to the query of whether or not she was planning on returning that pistol, and her bag. She liked Elina, and she would love to trust her, but Freyja's own training had taught her that any one can be an enemy, and besides that, Freyja could tell there was some kind of underlying glint there, some hint of the kind of training infiltrators go through to play of acts like the extravagant entertainer.

For now though, she tried her best to mask her revelation, and instead looked to the other two for awnsers, looking for all the world, a clueless, confused santo hei.

Hotel Room

Elina left the bathroom wrapped in a towel with the fog of steam following her. She was happy as she brushed her hair out to get the excess water out so her hair could dry faster. She turned the music down as it was began to repeat itself on the disk player. She slipped into an over large man's t-shirt with a Moon town 2 logo on it. Turning off lights she didn't need to settle in for sleep during the stations sleep period. She hoped that Freyja was doing okay and wasn't in trouble for misplacing her weapon.

"Oh well.. I'll see her tomorrow on the Soyokaze .." Elina padded barefoot across the carpet. Securing Freyja's purse and service weapon in a safe place. She then pulled down the bedspread and crawled into bed.

It was good to settled in for her rest period. Mentally setting her internal clock to wake her around station time of 0600 hrs. She snuggled into the blankets and clean crisps sheets. Already drifting off towards sleep and happy dreams.

Back room

Misato watched how the kid reacted and studied the images. The Heisho knew something was up, Freyja's face said that much. "Who are they?" Misato asked as the glared, "Don't play dumb..."

Back room

Clearly Misato was a phycic, how else could she have known that Freyja knew something? That or Freyja just discovered she was an awful liar.

After a moment of observing the occupants in the room, Freyja decided that the club owner didn't need to hear this, and that there was no way of getting out of this situation. So rather than delay her answer, out loud she said "Some girl punk I saw in the club earlier that day."

But she also looked directly at Misato, practicing her telepathy with "It is someone stationed aboard the ship, I might know where she is right now." There was no way she was getting out of this. "In fact she was the one who took me to the club in the first place."

Once that was done, she stood up and said aloud "I know where she is I think, so follow me I guess."

Crap. She thought to herself as she stepped out, begining to head to the hotel.

Chieko turned around, now a bit more attentive when she heard Misato speak up. Freyja's answer made the scientist giggle however. "This is why I stick to guys," she smirked, "we usually leave together and they don't take things from me."

Freyja raised an eyebrow at the minkan scientist and replied with "Hilarious." After registering what she said first properly she looked back at her and continued with "Wait I thought you were on a date with that infantry girl..."

"Date?" Chieko asked, slightly confused, "I don't recall being on a date with anyone, to be honest. I usually avoid them unless I want someone for more than a night."

The scientist then paused for a moment. She was with one of the infantry members being transferred; but who doesn't hang out with their co-workers... If that was what Freyja meant however, nekos have some odd ways of viewing things.

Freja's face grew nearly as red as her eyes as she stammered out what words she could. "I-it was just the impression I got... especially with how she seemed to admire you... I mean I tried to talk to you two but you just sort of... ignored me."

Still supremely embarrassed, she led them out of the club and said "She's at this hotel... I don't remember the name though." Boy, you're just a whole bag full of problems aren't you. She thought mockingly to herself as she went along. This has been an... interesting day for her.

Chieko laughed, "You get some pretty interesting impressions! Though I think I know what you are talking about now, and it was her first night out. A girl can't become a woman without a right of passage, and it's always good to have a guide."

The scientist smiled, self-satisfied with her thinking. Besides, it usually took a bit of prodding to get a girl to do something about a sight she likes.

Misato let herself fall back behind the two and frowned as they walked toward the hotel. She was trying to figure out a way to write the report of this incident that wouldn't cause the neko time in jail. This was tiring and she realized she still hadn't eaten. Grumbling a bit she continued to walk, wondering if she cared if the Hei served time for this or not.

As they approached the Hotel Misato finally spoke up interrupting their conversation, "So Do you know what room she had, or are we going door to door here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back