Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze Breath, A Long Time coming (3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Med Bay

Misato looked at the Hei for a moment before shaking her head. "You can stand down, I'm not in a uniform, nor am I an Officer. I'm just a Heisho." (Sargent like object) She felt the smile fade away as she stood up and a mild headache formed at the back of her skull. She was about to speak again when she noticed a little pair of eyes studying her and Freyja. She took a brief moment to realize ti was a cadet, now there was an officer to salute... She turned and bowed letting the towel drift to the floor. "Nitô Heisho Misato Suzume, Forgive me for being out of uniform, Ma'am"

Med Bay

Herdis gasped as she watched the towel fall and blushed when the Heisho bowed to her. She stammered back as she bowed, "Sh-Shoi Koh-hosei Eyverska H-Herdis. I...did not...mean to...to interrupt." Her tiny voice sounded even more child-like than normal, for she was extremely shy and not used to being deferred to in such a way. "F-Forgiveness...not...err...needed." The mini-Neko's heart was racing. She could tell that Misato was out of uniform for a reason...even if she herself did not know it.

Freyja looked away with no shortage of embarrassment as Misato's towel came more than a little undone, before turning to notice the officer as well. Huh, Freyja recognized her. Freyja bowed and decided to not comment on her fluctuations between not bowing or saluting enough to bowing or saluting too often. These uncomfortable social situations tended to screw with her neurons quite a bit.

After the fact, the red eyed Hei bent down to pick up the towel and handed it back to the Heisho "Um, I think you dropped this."

And then nodding to the cadet "Ma'am." This was beginning to feel a whole lot more than a little uncomfortable a situation. She cleared her throat nervously and looked awkwardly around the room, standing with her hands locked in place behind her back. She was getting somewhat better at dealing with this at least.

Jei looked into the newcomer's eyes,he really didn't know why he didn't respond. He just sat there and looked absently around. He kept thinking he should do something but didn't. His mind finally clicked him back into thinking straight and saw that they had left. He sighed and left his table to leave for his meeting with the captain. Why in all of the star and galaxies did he just sit there and forget that he had a meeting to get to, and why did he let his new colleagues with a probably weird experience? Jei had no idea.

Last edited:
Med Bay

Misato being an old school neko, never saw any issue with being nude. The towel was more of a comfort. She was bout to say something when the Doctor came in with a set of her clothing. "Sorry lass, it was set in a bin that got sent down the hall to the storage, had to hunt it down."

Misato bowed to the Chief medical officer, who was a giant bear with a Boonie cap with large meat hooks pushed through it. Chui Chief Medical Officer Henry Blake winked before looking at the other two, "Your two take good care of the lass... Make sure she eats something..." With a huge bear grin he went back to his office to finish the magazine and maybe work on a new fly fishing lure.

Misato started to get dressed, and frowned at the thought of the Hei and a Officer babying her and making her eat.

Med Bay

Herdis looked up between the two, but when the big bear came in, she squeaked and tried to hide. Though she knew she had nothing to fear, she was just as afraid as the Hei that seemed even more nervous. Instead of staying with the other two Nekos, she followed Chui Chief Medical Officer Blake and cleared her throat. "Um...E-Excuse me...s-sir?"

As Herdis took off after the doctor, Freyja breahted a bit easier with the situation slowly being defused. "Right then..." She looked with a raised eye brow at Misato once she was mostly dressed and only said "Doctors orders." with a smirk finding its way to her face.

Then she got a bit more serious and said "I heard that that whole thing isn't one of the most... um, pleasant of experiences, so it might do you some good to have some company."

Med Bay

Misato finished sliding her skirt up and shifting it into place, when she looked up glaring a little. "It isn't bad normally... unless you are still transmitting via a spine or something and remember every moment of your death." she spoke coldly of her first death. This virus hadn't been bad, she was unconscious during it and when it finally won she had gone easily.

"Fine.. But I need to stop at my quarters first... I need to check on something."

Med Bay

Freyja nodded and said "Right, that does sound kind of traumatizing..." She ran her hand through her hair for a moment, ready to follow Misato.

"Well, even if you don't remember it, I'd think that for a lot of people, the fact that they died alone, even without really remembering all those little details, could still change someone. I can't imagine how something like that would change someone for the better." She frowned a little and imagined for a few moments what it would be like, and didn't think she'd find it very amusing herself. She hoped Misato was as strong as she thought she was.

"Any ways uh... yeah, to your cabin I guess."

Med Bay - Misato's officer quarters

Misato shrugged and started leading the Hei to her quarters. She moved slowly, it was as if she was still getting used to the new body. "So Kid, I'm in uniform now, what did you need?"

Med Bay - Misato's officer quarters

Freyja looked over and said "Well, I was told to report in to you, space infantry here, ready for duty." She slowed her pace to match Misato's. She forgot the missing service pistol for the moment, still somewhat lost in thought.

She looked back and shrugged when she realised the mini neko was nowhere to be found. Maybe she'd turn up in a minute.

New Med Bay - Misato's officer quarters

"I see. And just what are you specialized in or are you just a grunt?" Misato's voice was mild edging on gruff as she spoke, not that she was upset with Freyja, she just didn't want the kid to start looking up to her for help or mothering.

New Med Bay - Misato's officer quarters

Freyja cleared her throat and said "I am skilled in long range sniping, melee combat, and stealth, with all that that entails... I can't really do mid range combat nearly as well though, so I'd probably need a teleportation unit." As she ran through a mental list of high powered sniper rifles. Her frown deepened slightly, and she asked "I don't suppose you've got an origin industries guass sniper lying around the armory do you? Or any other PA level sniper rifles? I could use a shoulder mount guass but its not quite the same."

Med Bay

Herdis looked up between the two, but when the big bear came in, she squeaked and tried to hide. Though she knew she had nothing to fear, she was just as afraid as the Hei that seemed even more nervous. Instead of staying with the other two Nekos, she followed Chui Chief Medical Officer Blake and cleared her throat. "Um...E-Excuse me...s-sir?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Med Bay Office
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking up from his magazine, Henry Blake looked around trying to locate the little voice that just spoke up. It took him a moment before he lowered the magazine low enough to spy the little neko by the door. "Hello little one. What can I do for you?" he spoke as he set the periodical onto the desk.

Herdis grew even more nervous. She was trying to speak to more people in one day than she had really done most of her life...either before or after the soul transfer. She swallowed and piped up, "I...I hope I'm not..."

"Not what? Speak up!" Blake spoke before shuffling a few things around on his desk. A pair of books slammed down, stacked together the top one was skewed as if to make a halved-assed bench.

Jumping a little at the sound, Herdis squeaked and shook her head. "N-Nevermind...I didn't mean t-to interrupt." She started to walk away.

"No.. No get up here and have a seat and tell me what ails such a wee one." Blake motioned to the books, consciously not standing, his bulk and size might frighted the little fish bait even more.

"N-Nothing ails me...sir. R-Really." She swallowed and then jumped, letting her natural ability to float get her to the top of the desk. She walked over and sat down on the books, still rather nervous. "I...I w-was c-curious."

reaching up Blake pulled his boonie cap off, with its many meat hooks, (or really just small fishing lures to him) some the size of Herdis. "Now what would a little one like you be curious about?" He scratched his ear before putting the cap back down and leaning a bit closer to the little neko.

Herdis watched, her periwinkle eyes showing no trace of fear, oddly enough...but she was still nervous in meeting someone new. She knew what those lures were on his hat, even though she hadn't done any fishing herself...but she thought that maybe her father had? With a small shake of her head, she smiled a little at him. "Wh-what are you?"

he let out a very loud laugh. A bit too loud in general but she had truly caught the large Kodian off guard. "Well Dear I am a Doctor, i have a few degrees in Medicine and biology. I am also a Chui aboard the ship, and your Chief Medical officer." He smiled knowing full well he didn't answer the question she had meant to ask, but this was funner.

She blinked and sat up a bit straighter, not sure if she should have been offended. That is, until she saw his smile. She huffed a little and crossed her arms, pretending to be offended. "I could tell that." Her stutter seemed to have gone. Maybe it was because Aldis, having clued into Herdis' initial fear, tapped in and could send her reassuring thoughts. Or maybe she was just getting used to the big bear herself. She also realized that he was her superior in rank and added. "Sir." Not once did her tone suggest anything disrespectful.

"I certinly hoped so, or I would have tossed you into a Hemo-cup and scanned you for faults." He chuckled at his little joke... (get it LITTLE JOKE..) He started laughing a bit more at his thoughts. "I'm a Kodian... My people apparently look like Ursals on your worlds."

Herdis looked at him in shock, "You wouldn't!" She knew he was joking, but she couldn't help herself from reacting...hoping that was all he was doing.

"Oh I would in a heart beat. It is my job after all." He grinned and leaned forward again. "I'll even have to make sure you are fully scanned to a point that there will be no unknowns in you." Blake leaned back into his chair and tapped a clawed finger on his desk as if he was thinking.

Herdis looked down at herself and frowned a bit, "But...there isn't any. I'm too new. Aren't I?" Uh-oh. Now she was doubting herself. That was not a good thing. She peered back up at him. "What if I said no?" She wasn't challenging him, but at the same time, she was curious if she could.

"That is a good question. Well I could accept your answer, or I could using two different manners, order you into the scanner." He reached over to a keyboard and typed in a search, knowing there were only two mini's aboard and this one's rank, he was able to pull up her records. "Interesting. Are you new?"

Nodding as she peeked over at the screen, Herdis said softly, "Y-Yes, Sir. That's me. Eyverska Herdis. My sister is Aldis." She looked back at him. "Do you really need me to go into the scanners?"

"I'm not sure." he scanned the medical record for a moment, slowly scrolling. Ever so often he would "MMMM..." at different things. "I guess not.. At least not this time..." he smiled and poked the little neko's belly, "I bet... " He tailed of as he started digging through drawers of his desk looking for something.

Herdis was relieved that she didn't have to be scanned this time. She even smiled a little, giggling some when he poked her belly. Tilting her head, she peered over the edge of the desk, wondering what he was searching for. She was being careful not to fall in.

Reaching deep into the rear of a drawer, a fairly deep drawer at that since he was almost up to his elbow, he grunted, "Foundja!" with a hunters triumphant grin he pulled his hand back out with a large roo tbeer flavored sucker. It was almost at big as her head. "Here you go."

Herdis blinked when she was confronted with a sucker that was as tall as she was and the part that most people put in her mouth almost as big as her own head. "And just how am I supposed to eat that?"

"I believe you lick it. Though it has been quite a while since I have last had one." He smiled holding it out for her.

Herdis looked incredulous at the sucker and then unwrapped the thing, using both hands to do so. She licked at the candy and blinked. "Mmm...root beer. This does taste good." She smiled a little and licked again. "But..I'm not sure I could eat it all."

"Well I'm sure you'll figure it out." he grinned and patted her on the head. "You're a smart girl."

She huffed a little, not really liking being patted like she was a kitten or something. Putting the wrapper back on, she sighs, "Maybe I could share it with Aldis."

"You could, or you could keep it all to yourself." He winked almost mischievously, "I wouldn't tell."

Herdis smiled a little, "I'm not sure how well it would last if I kept it to myself. But I could try." She looked up at him. "Thank you."

"Now with that solved, Was asking what I was the whole reason you came in here? Or did you want to know something else?" The Kodian leaned back in his chair and scratched his head again. He was worried he may have space fleas... Oh how he hated the bathing soaps needed for space fleas... That and the bald spot he would itch over his back side.

She became shy once more and nodded. "Yes. I hope that was okay." She bit her lip, for the first time thinking that maybe she shouldn't have.

"it is fine. You were most polite in how you asked. How else would a being learn with out downloading it?" He could feel the crawling on him... It was a nightmare, It had to have been that damned Kodian in the black market that had given them to him.

Herdis blushed and smiled, but then she saw he was fidgeting and tilted her head. "Are you alright?"

"I am fine. Nothing a long shower and a nap can't cure." Blake gave one last scratch and then forced his hands to fold in his lap. "And you?"

Herdis nodded and said softly, "I'm fine. But I don't quite believe you. However, I won't push." She picked up the sucker and put it on her shoulder, preparing to hop off the desk. "I'll leave you to your shower then."

"I have the damned Space fleas... But I'll live, You don't have to leave, if you wanted to poke about more or keep an old Doctor company." He wanted to make sure he had given her everything she wanted, It just wouldn't do to have a crew member feeling like they couldn't get what they needed from the Med Bay.

Herdis shook her head and said softly, "Maybe another time, in keeping you company. You should take care of those fleas. I'm sure I'll be around again before we head out."

"Very well. As you head out little miss, can you tell one of the nurses I'm taking some time off?" He spoke as he got up, Easing his enormous bulk off the chair, which groaned as the weight was lifted.

She nodded and hopped down from the desk, stopping in the front room and leaving a message with the nurse there about the Doc taking time off. She headed out towards her bunk, thinking of maybe putting her room together.

Misato's Quarters

"You'll have to go down to the armory and ask. I would do it before we leave port. Or you'll be shit out of luck." Misato had spent way to much time around Bors and had picked up his language a bit too readily. she stopped in front of a cabin hatch and keyed it open. "come in I won't be long." Stepping into the sparse cabin, she had notice all of her belongings were now in boxes stacked on the floor at the foot of the bed. Sighing she knelt down next to one and started digging though it for her side arms.

"Where is your side arm?" She spoke not even looking up at Freyja, she had noticed it missing long time back, but was preoccupied with other things to mention it. She found her upgraded NSP, along with the pair of Zen Arms 10mm Covert Ops Pistols. She strapped the NSP onto a belt, but slipped the 10mms into garter holsters that hung under her skirt on either leg. rachign in once more she pulled another Zen Arms 10mm Covert Ops Pistol. "Here Keep this..." she tossed the pistol, spare mag and a small clip holster for it to Freyja.

"I catch you with out a side arm again you will be scrubbing things and repainting hull plates until I get tired."

Misato's Quarters

As Freyja was questioned on the whereabouts of her sidearm, she froze as she once again recalled the fact that she had returned from her little 'expedition' without it. "Oh..." After regaining her composure and examining the new pistol and equipment Misato generously offered. "Well, thank you. Um, I am going to be honest here, Elina convinced me to let myself get drunk at a club, and I may have, in my inebriated state, left the pistol there, in a purse. I don't exactly remember how I even got back to the ship... I uh, may need help in its retrieval." She braced for the reprimand and inevitable repainting of the plates.

Last edited:
Misato's Quarters

She was standing up, and was about to grab her jacket before food, when she caught what Freyja said. "THE FUCK YOU SAY?" Misato growled as she turned and grabbed the Hei by her collar, "How the hell did you miss place your piece? You have only one thing to do in life, and that is take care of your weapon." She released the Hei and grabbed her jacket storming to the door. "Well come on let's go and get the damned thing." She was pissed.

Misato's Quarters - Station

Even having been prepared for it, she still winced when it came. Some small, incredibly stupid part of her thought about flipping the Heisho as she reached to grab her. This thought process was quickly executed for treason. She had no reasonable explanation other than 'someone got me drunk enough that they almost convinced me it was a good idea to steal a KS card.' Therefore she did not offer this explanation, and instead said "Due or die lounge." In a quiet voice as she headed out with her, indicating where they would start their tracking down of the side arm. Odds were, that it was stolen, or it would turn up through an upstanding citizen returning the weapon. Freyja didn't think that many of the peopel in the club were trust worthy citezens, especially not if they were drunk, people tended to make incredibly ill thought out decisions when drunk in her expereince.

Through out that whole thing, she carried a mask of shame and fear on her face. Mostly shame. This had certainly been an interesting first day, at this rate maybe she could actually get tried for high treason by next week for attacking a superior officer while drinking her shame away from losing a guass sniper in a club somewhere.

Soyokaze to Club

Misato was fuming, the long stream of obscenities and questionings of the genetic build and design of Freyja all came out as if it was a string of a rage filled song. A tapestry of words and curses, some learned from her own partner in crime Riko Bors others made up on the spot just to fill a second of free space.

Jayne the ship's AI feeling quite mischievous popped open a volumetric display on Misato's back, where the gray neko could not see it, and started keeping a running tally of all of the 'Fucks,' 'Shits,' Damn-its,' and 'Frog Livers the Heisho was spouting, luckily just loud enough for Freyja and anyone with in ten feet could hear or understand. She would have made a drill instructor or Ship yard monkey blush.

There was a whole minute diatribe on why the possibility Freyja was only going to be issued a straw and a sheet of paper for a sniper platform. How a Slime Monkey of Miyamae would have kept better track of a pile of fecal matter. The work of art that was her rant filled and coated the corridors they traveled to the station.

Once they reached the station she stopped and glared at the Hei. "Where is this lovely establishment you decided to trade your intelligence for a few seconds of bliss?"

Soyakaze to Club

Freyja, despite the fact that these curses were aimed at her, was somewhat awed by how many just poured out of her mouth, and she began mentally jotting them down for later use. Misato was clearly being a terrible influence.

Very soon after that, her general feeling of being awed and ashamed was quickly being replaced by a cold rage despite knowing full well that, despite the fact she could not remember the second half of what happened, that it was most likely her own fault, and that Misato was likely well justified in feeling pissed, but this was grating on her nerves. "The Due or Die lounge apperently." She said as she walked past Misato with a face made of stone, and her eyes looking like they could melt somone just by looking at them. Of course maybe that was just becuase they were red. Freyja didn't want to be tried for murder, but she felt like Misato was going to give her a rage induced heart attack in a few minutes, or maybe an aneurysm, and she sure did like living. Maybe she would find some poor neko to beat her frustations out on in a spar, but for now she simply indulged herself in imagining Misato locked in a small box with sharp tacks glued to all the sides and floor.

Oh yeah, these two were going to be the best of freinds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back