• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Capricorn Module

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
So I realized when looking up my WIP to do some work on it that Raz and Ame had already done the wikiwork to put a proper SAINT unit into play! AAK!

But, better late than never. Excellent work to the both of them on it, by the way. I'd like to see Capricorn and Shurista appear as more than just background pieces appearing in news articles and comms, and look forward to seeing what they do with their SAINT unit there. Also need this for upcoming plot ideas.

First mentioned in Catgirls and Rusteaters part 2 written by myself, Wes, and Soban.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Reviewer Assigned, I will look at this and post a review shortly.

A few things we need to do to get this ready for approval:

1. We try to use the places template when creating bases now so if you could add the People, Transportation, RP Opportunities, and Local Rumors sections that would be great.
  2. The Zodiac Star Fortress has been special to the Star Army in recent years Gemini has been upgraded, and Aquarius built - What makes Capricorn unique? What interior modifications does it have? What system modifications does it have? (Different weapons, different vehicle loadouts)? One of the reasons the base article for the Zodiac is so lean is so that each one is made custom - check out Gemini, and Aquarius as examples. What unique facilities does it have?
  3. Who is the base commander? What is its IRN?
  4. A lot of wikification opportunities missed (words that can be turned into links to other articles on the wiki)
The submission feels incomplete at this point, we really want to hold a standard higher for these types of bases. I'd like to see the article be more player-friendly so that this location can be used in future roleplays.

Alright, fixed most of the flaws, hate wikification with a burning passion, and will see about doing it on the weekend.
I am looking forward to the wikification being done. :) Thanks

Because of the situational shenannigans with Shurista's known mobility and operating in several fleets' territories, and that Capricorn is not only a Zodiac, but also serving as a permanent military base on a world and is permanently attatched to a megastructure, well, IRN's been pending since completion.
We'll figure out who the base belongs to irp

How goes progress with this?

Some suggestions for you to consider:

1. Something related to the Capricorn sign. Its base patch could have something like a goat head on it (https://www.sosyncd.com/7-capricorn-spirit-animals-that-embody-this-zodiac-sign/). It should have a base patch like Gemini and Aquarius do.
  2. Since this is the only station that is connected to the Shurista there could be some unique food offerings, gathering places or shops.
  3. What is the station's PANT-IES avatar like? personality?

1. I was going to go with a chimera rampant on a star of 12 points in argent against a border of gold.

2.Plenty of Shuristan street vendors on the main concourse, alongside no difficulty in food supplies. Though what is offered there depends entirely on the market. I can't tell a bunch of infantry Nekos to try cannonfruit, let alone make it a staple food like the Senti have. I think the ones who would be looking for something unique would be the SARA guys who already go into Shurista proper for work.

3. I have no idea how the station AI would be. It's not a character I've put any thought into. It would have to be a bit on the humble side to avoid the all seeing eye god complex when put into Capricorn's network, and moreover, the fact that the Senti have hardware that can support AI, but don't themselves have AI means that the only computer intelligences in Shurista were already in salvage brought back. So she gets in and there's this huge open expanse, completely ready for her will, and with the entire digital portion of the Library just right there.

I cannot see the Star Army ever parting with their aether power generators - also I think it would make sense that the station is designed to leave in an an emergency ,even if this means it's rigged in advance to blow all of its connections and use its combined field system (e.g. shields) to slowly travel.

In addition to what Wes said.

1. Whatever you decide for the patch, but it needs one.
2. I'd flesh out these gathering areas and ideas you have. These stations really need a cultural context (See: Aquarius)
3. I don't see the SAoY not having the PANT-IES on a Zodiac.

What I want to do here is kind of collect in bulk the things myself and Wes have mentioned, plus add a few.

Just so you have everything in one list.
  1. The very top of the article should be a brief one to two sentences telling everyone what it is about.
  2. The History and Background Section should be next, the bulky paragraphs you have at the top can be worked into that section.
  3. There is a problem in the history section: "Zodiac Star Fortress Capricorn was initially started mid-YE 40 to act as a picket station near the Lonely Expanse, however was never fully funded, and construction was a slow endeavor." The SAoY is a blank-check military organization. There is no way something would be not fully funded.
  4. As Wes suggested - " I think it would make sense that the station is designed to leave in an emergency, even if this means it's rigged in advance to blow all of its connections and use its combined field system (e.g. shields) to slowly travel."
  5. The station needs a unit patch. As we previously discussed.
  6. Unique areas - Shops, Restaurants, Gathering places etc. need to be fleshed out (for the unique ones), and linked in for those that already exist. I imagine this station has a Kikyo Pie Company as well as the other offerings.
  7. The SAOY will not part with aether power or PANT-IES.
  8. Places Template on Star Army Space Roleplay The people section with the struct setup for showing those present on the station is missing from the page.
  9. Short forms like "Zesu" shouldn't be used, also there are links to these materials.
  10. Many additions of wikifaction are needed. The more linked to the Wiki an article is, the easier it is for people to find what they are looking for and to see the connections between things.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your creativity and getting this article to approved state.

I think I can kill two birds with one stone on the power issue.

The Aether reactors are still live and ready to operate, and bringing them fully online is part of the detachment procedure. Moreover, I think a specialized clamping system was designed and built in the support pylons to cleanly detach and self align upon recovery and redocking. This would include the main power and data couplings at the ends of the arms, and water and air couplings in the core module. This would allow the station to detach and move separately, without damage to itself or Shurista's structure.

This is primarily due to your suggestion of it being able to operate independently in an emergency, and thus would need the capability of an independent power system.

The SAoY uses Aether as their primary power source. This would not be up for concession to any local government.

You can argue that one in character, Yuuki. I don't think it's that big an issue to have the reactors on standby while they're not being used. Shurista's power grid can more than handle one small fortress.

You may not think it's a big deal as the creator, but as Yamatai FMs, tasked with ensuring the SAoY behaves in canon the way it is supposed to, it is a big deal to us. The SAoY will never put any installation, especially a Zodiac beholden to anyone else to supply their power, even for the amount of time it takes to switch over from external power to the standby Aether.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back