• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Capricorn Module

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
So I realized when looking up my WIP to do some work on it that Raz and Ame had already done the wikiwork to put a proper SAINT unit into play! AAK!

But, better late than never. Excellent work to the both of them on it, by the way. I'd like to see Capricorn and Shurista appear as more than just background pieces appearing in news articles and comms, and look forward to seeing what they do with their SAINT unit there. Also need this for upcoming plot ideas.

First mentioned in Catgirls and Rusteaters part 2 written by myself, Wes, and Soban.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah, they can hate it/protest it/etc all they want but the SAoY would just be like "well do you want this zodiac or not?"

Edit: Remember that lots of stuff on a SAoY ship or station is powered specifically by Aether, and the broad-spectrum energy it provides. It isn't just an electrical generator.

What I want to do here is kind of collect in bulk the things myself and Wes have mentioned, plus add a few.

Just so you have everything in one list.
  1. The very top of the article should be a brief one to two sentences telling everyone what it is about.
  2. The History and Background Section should be next, the bulky paragraphs you have at the top can be worked into that section.
  3. There is a problem in the history section: "Zodiac Star Fortress Capricorn was initially started mid-YE 40 to act as a picket station near the Lonely Expanse, however was never fully funded, and construction was a slow endeavor." The SAoY is a blank-check military organization. There is no way something would be not fully funded.
  4. As Wes suggested - " I think it would make sense that the station is designed to leave in an emergency, even if this means it's rigged in advance to blow all of its connections and use its combined field system (e.g. shields) to slowly travel."
  5. The station needs a unit patch. As we previously discussed.
  6. Unique areas - Shops, Restaurants, Gathering places etc. need to be fleshed out (for the unique ones), and linked in for those that already exist. I imagine this station has a Kikyo Pie Company as well as the other offerings.
  7. The SAOY will not part with aether power or PANT-IES.
  8. Places Template on Star Army Space Roleplay The people section with the struct setup for showing those present on the station is missing from the page.
  9. Short forms like "Zesu" shouldn't be used, also there are links to these materials.
  10. Many additions of wikifaction are needed. The more linked to the Wiki an article is, the easier it is for people to find what they are looking for and to see the connections between things.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your creativity and getting this article to approved state.
HOKAY!

1: One short paragraph, cleanly annotated and wikified.
2: Moved around.
3: Changed that to use the Kuvexian War and the angle of incursion as why the station was left unfinished
4: Redesigned after the bombs were discovered, and the station is now able to undock and move around, with biannual tests mandated
5: Described and symbology explained, no heraldic tools to do a unit patch, myself.
6: Added several. Including like three Kikyo Pie Company branches.
7:Much to the locals' annoyance, the station is self sustaining with the reactors running at 50% power. Monthly tests ensure that the aether reactors can be brought fully online in case of emergency. Still haven't considered much on the PANT-IES situation. I'd figure consider her a blank check.
8: Reorganized.
9: Fixed and linked
10: I literally crashed my browser trying. I really don't like wikifying, but I'm working on it. Consider that a blank check to anyone who wants cause I know I missed so much and I lost a revision just putting in the restaurants.

HOKAY!

1: One short paragraph, cleanly annotated and wikified.
2: Moved around.
3: Changed that to use the Kuvexian War and the angle of incursion as why the station was left unfinished
4: Redesigned after the bombs were discovered, and the station is now able to undock and move around, with biannual tests mandated
5: Described and symbology explained, no heraldic tools to do a unit patch, myself.
6: Added several. Including like three Kikyo Pie Company branches.
7:Much to the locals' annoyance, the station is self sustaining with the reactors running at 50% power. Monthly tests ensure that the aether reactors can be brought fully online in case of emergency. Still haven't considered much on the PANT-IES situation. I'd figure consider her a blank check.
8: Reorganized.
9: Fixed and linked
10: I literally crashed my browser trying. I really don't like wikifying, but I'm working on it. Consider that a blank check to anyone who wants cause I know I missed so much and I lost a revision just putting in the restaurants.
7. The Star Army will not settle for anything less than the station, its power, weapons systems, and normal functions be 100%, including her PANT-IES. In general, the Star Army does nothing halfway. The station is to be 100% autonomous operation by the Star Army, its presence there is at the whim and need of the Star Army, as that they are not commanded by local governments regardless of the cultural situation. Their mission and protocols remain the same. So while I understand you wish for the station to be joined with the Shurista, the Shuristan governor's view of what the station's power needs are unfortunately not really something the Star Army would consider. Just as Jiyuu's governor has absolutely no say on what happens on Gemini because it is a Star Army facility.

9. In terms of the Moorings and attachments to Shurista - I'd suggest that you include that the station is connected via an explosive bolt system. If the Star Army decides the station needs to be moved, the explosive bolts will be activated severing the station's connection allowing it to separate with no harm to itself or the Shurista structure.

Last edited:
You may not think it's a big deal as the creator, but as Yamatai FMs, tasked with ensuring the SAoY behaves in canon the way it is supposed to, it is a big deal to us. The SAoY will never put any installation, especially a Zodiac beholden to anyone else to supply their power, even for the amount of time it takes to switch over from external power to the standby Aether.
I understand your concerns as the Yamatai FMs. It is indeed important to ensure the SAoY behaves in a manner consistent with canon. In that case, I would recommend finding an alternative solution that aligns with the SAoY's commitment to maintaining independence and self-reliance. Perhaps the station could have its own Aether power generators that are always operational, ready to take over in case of emergencies. This way, the station can have a reliable power source without compromising the principles of the SAoY.

7. The Star Army will not settle for anything less than the station, its power, weapons systems, and normal functions be 100%, including her PANT-IES. In general, the Star Army does nothing halfway. The station is to be 100% autonomous operation by the Star Army, its presence there is at the whim and need of the Star Army, as that they are not commanded by local governments regardless of the cultural situation. Their mission and protocols remain the same. So while I understand you wish for the station to be joined with the Shurista, the Shuristan governor's view of what the station's power needs are unfortunately not really something the Star Army would consider. Just as Jiyuu's governor has absolutely no say on what happens on Gemini because it is a Star Army facility.

9. In terms of the Moorings and attachments to Shurista - I'd suggest that you include that the station is connected via an explosive bolt system. If the Star Army decides the station needs to be moved, the explosive bolts will be activated severing the station's connection allowing it to separate with no harm to itself or the Shurista structure.

7: The reactors are currently running at fifty percent because that's all that's presently needed for independant operation. They can easily spool up to full power at any time. I apologize for not stating that. That's standby 100% independance. That's not combat power.

9: 've specified this.

In both points, Capricorn can launch and be combat ready in as little as three to five minutes, or jump to FTL within ten minutes.

Alright, that sounds good.

So what is left? Wikification. If you would like me to assist you with wikifying your article since it made your computer crash, let me know. @HarperMadi

It looks good to me. I think just due to the scope of this, and its ramifications to the setting. I'll do a 3-day Approval Timer, just in case there is anything else @Wes or @Yuuki wish to give input on. Expires 2023/09/18 @14:30 PDT.

The ramifications are not under my control. I will, as of now, cede all creative liberties of Capricorn Module, its accomplishments, and the data it mines from Shurista to @Wes , @Yuuki , @Charaa , @Andrew , @Ametheliana , and @Soban . I will only be involved in the upkeep of the article. I don't know what the Grand Library holds after half a million years of outside observation and sampling. I don't even know how many places Shurista's been. I only know the last... Well, since First Contact. The Senti were meant as a convenient lore and history source from before recorded history, a playable race meant to be built and expanded as an NPC culture. I was never meant to have control over the governing NPCs, history, and lore. That was always an open invitation to write and add to at whim. And so it shall remain evermore.

The ramifications are not under my control. I will, as of now, cede all creative liberties of Capricorn Module, its accomplishments, and the data it mines from Shurista to @Wes , @Yuuki , @Charaa , @Andrew , @Ametheliana , and @Soban . I will only be involved in the upkeep of the article. I don't know what the Grand Library holds after half a million years of outside observation and sampling. I don't even know how many places Shurista's been. I only know the last... Well, since First Contact. The Senti were meant as a convenient lore and history source from before recorded history, a playable race meant to be built and expanded as an NPC culture. I was never meant to have control over the governing NPCs, history, and lore. That was always an open invitation to write and add to at whim. And so it shall remain evermore.
I understand and respect your decision to cede the creative liberties of Capricorn Module to others. It's important to have a collaborative approach when it comes to developing and expanding the lore and history of a setting. I'm sure the team will appreciate your willingness to contribute to the upkeep of the article. Just remember it is also yours, part of your many contributions. If you have any other questions or need assistance in the future, feel free to reach out.

My ceding of creative liberties is not me giving up my characters or considering running off to other sites. Just means I'm not in control of what you folks find down there. There's some nastiness from before humanity showed up, probably a few biological samples, etc. What all that entails I wanted to leave up to the actual loremasters.

My ceding of creative liberties is not me giving up my characters or considering running off to other sites. Just means I'm not in control of what you folks find down there. There's some nastiness from before humanity showed up, probably a few biological samples, etc. What all that entails I wanted to leave up to the actual loremasters.
Thank you for clarifying!

Timer Expired, Approved.

Please fill out the struct and link into the wiki as needed. Thank you.

@HarperMadi Could you please fill out the struct details for this? Thank you!

Send me a screenshot with a mark on it, of where it should be on the map and I will add it on if you like.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back