• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.2] The Unknown Jui'varen!

bridge

Vladi'mir didn't like this place it was all too weird with the storm and now nothing "maybe that is what got the missing guy's ship" he mumbled to himself "interesting, very interesting" he started to type at h console looking for similar weather anywhere in databases "most unusual, it seems this i the first time anyone has reported it, well that i am allowed to see" he mumbled again, it helped him to talk out loud while thinking, even it it annoyed others around him.

Bridge

Def'leor looked at the data from the sensors. The more she looked at the data, the more that storm bothered her. It defied all that she had learned back in training. Nothing about it behaved properly. In her opinion this warranted further investigation. But not with the ship.

She altered their course towards the clearing. Slowing the starship she circled the clearing once just to make sure it was a clear as it appeared. Once sure it was relatively safe she informed the other ships to follow her down. She then brought the Gam'trosha down to the surface, engaging the landing gear just moments before touching down. The ship settled gently on the surface and she switched the flight system to standby.

She turned her chair to face Sa'kira. "Ma'am I suggest that we should send a team to investigate the area below that phenomenon. A storm that localized and intense does not make sense. None of the conditions below were appropriate to produce the storm. Though before we send a team we should have our Infantry secure the landing site and check the atmosphere."

As soon as Def'leor spoke up, and suggested sending an away team, Zu'rel spun around him his seat and spoke. "Ma'am, I request to be sent along with this operation. I feel it will help out if there is an intelligence on the team."

He wanted to continue to ask for the right to lead said team, but there are a few others with higher rank that would feel outed that an Ori'on operative stealing their thunder.

Engineering

Keri narrowly managed to grab hold of a handrail himself when the ship suddenly lurched; his grip was tenuous though, and he barely managed to hold on an keep himself from flying away and injuring himself in much the same manner as Ye'gor. During the following moments as the young kit was trying to collect his bearings and wits, Quin noticed their fellow engineers injured state and ordered him to attempt treatment.

"Right... alright." Keri replied, a little woosily. He tried to shake off his sudden sense of disorientation, scanning the room with unfocused eyes until he spotted an emergency medkit fastened to one of the bulkheads nearby. He moved to grab it, careful at this time to be ready to grab hold of something so as to avoid a repeat performance of Ye'gor's accident. Once he had the medical kit in had, Keri reversed his course and descended quickly down to the lower level of engineering to where Ye'gor lay in pain.

"Hold on... try not to move." The young kit fussed, her features compressed in worry and his tone low and tremulous.

The young kit was a far cry from a true doctor or field medic, but he did possess a fair amount of knowledge regarding both Daur and Laibe biology due to his intensive studies, and had also completed the basic first-aid course made available during their military training.

First he checked Ye'gor's breathing and circulation; his exhalations were labored and thready, which was worrisome... but at least he was still breathing and didn't appear to be coughing up any blood. With luck, at worst he had fractured his ribs and they hadn't broken and become lodged into his lungs -- which would be extremely difficult given his own limited training and experience to treat. Keri withdrew the diagnostic med-scanner from the kit and the nanite injector, loaded a nanite cartridge into the injector, tugged loose Ye'gor's collar and pressed it firmly to the exposed neck over the major vein located their before injecting the nanites into the Laibe's bloodstream. It would take a bit for them to make there was through his body, so Keri'cruen then prepared some pain relief medication for Ye'gor, estimated the dosage based upon his body weight, then injected that as well.

"That should make you feel a little better shortly..." He said softly, worrying over the fact that they needed to get a gurney from the infirmary so that he could receive proper treatment from real medical staff. He reached for his communicator and sent a message to Sec'retna, their senior medical officer. "X'Muyeia Euy'ica, this is Se'verem over in engineering. Ye'gor took a tumble during that bit of turbulance we just experienced and I think he may have either fractured or broken some of his ribs -- still waiting on the medical diagnostic nanites to report on that. Could someone bring over a gurney so that we can take him to medical for treatment?"

Infirmary

Euy'ica was a bit dazed as she had to quickly shield herself from a number of flying object, including several syringes that had come out of their protective cases and had been turned into projectile objects. When the lurching and shuddering ceased, the healer peered over her desk to notice just how messy the infirmary now was. "And I just got done sorting things to...." the girl, obviously rather frustrated now, rubbed the back of her head.

As she was about to get to cleaning up the place, she received the call from Engineering. She didn't answer, but instead hurried over to a holographic panel and tapped the area of the ship that had Engineering, then she grabbed a folded up gurney that had - luckily - stayed on its rack. As she was about to leave, she noticed a medical message, an automated one that told her that her new healer was now onboard. "Perfect," she said. "On my way," she sent to engineering, before sending a different message to the docking bay.

Docking Bay

"Infirmary to Docking Bay," spoke a voice through the rooms intercom. "C'baruce Men'sab Seu, please report to Engineering with haste."

Shi smiled and got up off the ground, patting himself off and checking the restraints on the containers. "Looks like you are already being summoned... lucky!" she said with a mild grin.

Bridge

Sa'kira could feel the ship as it settled down on the ground and unfastened her restraints and got up from her chair. She had always found it odd how gravity felt, being 'pulled' toward the planet, but this was because she had spent a lot of time in space. "Coordinate with our sister ship, I want a perimeter set up around our three ships along with a small encampment for launching exploratory teams," she said and looked over at Zu'rel. "I want to know what is going on with this planet, this strange storm has me quite interested," her tail moved slowly up and down and the tip was a bit on the fluffy side right now. "Lexicon, get a team together please, including healers, infantry, and engineers. We have bikes in the cargohold so you can use them to move more easily across the surface, or you can use one of the new dropships we now have, I'll leave that choice up to you."

Def'leors systems would show a new logistical report, they were going to receive a new crewmen, or rather, not new but rather one that had been reassigned to the ship - Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas

Last edited:
Docking Bay

Seu glanced up at the sound of his name echoing off the PA overhead. "So it seems, Shi'sha'stra. Good to know I'm expected," he murmured, unclenching his claws from the floor grating. "I will attempt to find my way to Engineering with haste, then. But before I depart, will you be all right?"

Engineering

Ye'gor squirmed a little as his senses slowly returned to him - though he wished they hadn't. His chest ached like spoons thrust between his ribs while he figured a type 1a supernova had gone off in the back of his head. The engineer felt the injection and tried to curl up while his tail tried to wrap around him as much as possible.

Zu'Rel

"Yes Ma'am, I will do what i can, My I have permission to take Vladi'mir here. Take a par of bikes and do a recon on our own? It might be handy if we are able to move quickly and light by our selfs, unburdened with a larger group. We will remain in radio contact." he glanced over and who he had come to think of as a bumbling agent. Maybe time away from a scree would be handy for Vladi'mir.

Bar'diel

Her head was aching terribly, the fact she was feeling a bit dizzy the Counselor decided maybe she needed to find a medic to take a look over her. Taking a few moments to lock up her "office," she started up for the Medbay. The fact the ship was still tossing a bit wasn't helping and she was becoming more and more nauseous.

Once she arrived at the medbay she found it empty, but trashed. With a sigh she went in and him the intercom hoping to reach the Medic. "Umm yes.. Tar'Vas here, I'm in the medbay needing semi urgent attention."

Bridge

Def'leor relayed the first set of orders from Sa'kira regarding the establishment of a base camp and security for it. She then turned around as she heard Zu'Rel suggest doing a recon with only two.

"While I like the idea of sending out a the pair of you as an advance recon. We first need to have our science folks ascertain what the planetary conditions are. Go ahead and get your gear ready. Once we get a green line on the environmental factors. I will give the order for you to advance. However, once you do head out fifteen minute check-ins. You spot anything artificial you hold position, recon and wait for the rest of the group." she said to Zu'Rel.

Docking Bay

Seu waited a moment to make sure Shi'shas'tra was okay as he retrieved his duffel from the dropship's cargo. Then he whipped about and clattered down the exit ramp and across the docking bay floor, headed for the first exit that might lead him to Infirmary.

Bridge

"Make sure to go armed as well, with no data on local wildlife I don't want either of you to be caught by a creature with no means to defend yourself..." Sa'kira said, looking at their swords and knowing that while their swords may work well against the animals on their homeworld - with the exception of two - the same can't be said about the wild-life here, if there is any that is. "Lexicon, contact the transport and get in touch with their science team, I would like to know if we have to gear up in hazmat suits or if we can go with just our body suits...."

Hallway

Sec'retna rushed down the hallway, medical bag in one hand and the folded stretcher in another, she was focused so much on getting to engineering that she nearly ran head first into Seu. "Waah!" she yelped in surprise when she noticed the fellow healer and took a few steps back to catch her breath. "Why are you heading this way? Engineering is back the way you came..." she asked Seu.

Hallway

Just as Seu rounded the corner, something loomed up into his face and he staggered back, startled. "Oh!" the white My'leke exclaimed, realizing it was a fellow crewmember. "My apologies, I-- I've gotten myself turned around, I've never been on the Gam'trosha before," he admitted, his long, furry ears sweeping back once before swivelling forward again. "May I follow you there, if that is where you are headed?"

Bridge

Vladi'mir was too intent on his screen to listen to the others till he heard his name, He turned around and stayed focus on the talk and smiled a bit "thank you i wont let you down Zu'Rel" he smiled kindly then thought for a minute "looking at all the weird weather, i think weapons would be best here".

Bridge

Def'leor sent a request for the atmospheric analysis and waited a few minutes for the response. "There is a Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas being transferred back to the Gam'trosha ma'am." She said to Sa'kira. "Shall I have them report to you here on the bridge?"

Her IDT flashed to get her attention.

"Environmental conditions are well within our tolerances. No toxins detected, gravity .7 of normal. Standard protocol should be advised, no consumption of local food items, and water should be only consumed after treatment." she said.

Hallway, leading away from the cargo bay.

Mache'lato growled to himself from his position on the floor. He had smacked his head on the opening door as he had fallen.

'That was... unpleasant. So undignified.'

Thankfully apart from a rather annoying headache there seemed to be no particular injury that he had suffered other then the wounds to both his dignity and pride.

'Aww well better get going back to engineering. I need to see if that turbulance affected the weapons anyway.' he thought heading out towards the Engineering bay.

Withing a while a dark furred daur walked in to the bay. It took her a bit to prepare for the mission, put on her armoured suit and take her weapons. Sharp pistol, sword and Swordrifle. They will actually go out soon. She made sure her hair was tied back so she could put on her helmet later. Her rifle was hanging on a sling and sword was at her side, along with the knife that could be put on Sharp pistol when needed.

"Hokay," She shouted. "I am supposed to meet some newguys here. Sound off!"

Hallway

"Certainly," said Sec'retna as she pointed in the direction they needed to go and began to high-tial it to Engineering. After awhile, the two would arrive there to find the person whom they needed to assist. "What's his status?" she asked, running up to Ye'gor and kneeling down beside the soldier; she placed her medical kit beside her and began to check him over for injuries.

Docking Bay

Shi'sha'tra Je'ha'shue glanced up from the crate she had been sitting on, noticing the soldier walking into the bay. She slid off the crate and walked over to the soldier. "Shi'sha'tra Je'ha'shue reporting as ordered," she announced, with one bag in hand and the other giving a salute, unsure just yet what rank this soldier was.

Bridge

"Good good," Sa'kira rubbed her chin as she examined the data. "C'bar Zu'rel, you are cleared for your recon mission; becareful out there," she straightened up her back a bit as she brought up another display which showed the nearby transport unloading personnel and equipment to begin work on a small exploration base.

Transport

"Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas," a young Laibe knocked on the door of one of the transports passenger cabins, peering inside a moment later. "The Shipmaster has given you leave to transfer over to the Gam'trosha. Make sure all of your bags are packed."

Engineering

"I feel like I'm falling through a gas giant with a white dwarf in my head," Ye'gor groaned.

His tail tightened against him each time a prod from Sec'retna shifted a rib. The engineer was not happy at all.

Zes'kas had been laying on his bed, trying to sleep. He wasn't very successful.

He raised his head when the Laibe knocked, called his name, and proceeded to peer into the room. "I'll be ready in a minute!" He leapt up, hitting his head on the bed above his. "OW!" he yelped as he landed face-first on the floor, rubbing his head. After a minute, he rose to his feet again, "I'm okay! I'll be packed and ready in a moment." The red-furred Laibe was as energetic and odd as ever, his voice cheerful.

He then went into a frenzy of throwing all his belongings into his bags, and within a few minutes, he had everything 'stored'. He picked up his bags, "Done!"

Bridge

Def'leor looked at the information coming in from the other ships. She had the ship's computer combine the sensor readings of all three ships. With each ship at a different position, the overlay should help to identify any anomalies not caused by physical position. If they could find a few spots with spurious readings, those would be where they would focus their search.

She locked her station and left the bridge to meet with the returning crew members.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back