• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.2] The Unknown Jui'varen!

Engineering

"Sound's like you have a concussion," said Sec'retna while she was checking the soldier over for other injuries. "How does your back feel? Any pain?" it was a generic question. "C'bar," the healer looked over at their newest healer. "Grab the nanite injector that's in my medical kit, inject him with it, and then start the scan on his body for any additional injuries. I want that information ASAP!"

Transport

"Well then," started the Laibe as he stepped aside. "Let's get you off the ship and to your new home, follow me please," the soldier gestured down the hallway, leading the soldier toward an elevator that would take them to the transports primary cargohold. The cargohold was very busy right now, dozens of workers were scrambling to quickly move equipment out of the cargohold and outside to be set up, there were even vehicles that were going through final maintenance checks.. including a number of tanks. "It'll be bright once we get outside, so make sure you have your goggles on."

Last edited:
Engineering

"I do not feel anything odd from my back," the kit replied painfully, "Well, other than what one would expect from falling; however it is rather painful to breathe."

Ye'gor shut his eyes tightly while balling his forepaws up to recover from the exertion of talking. He then heard mention of nanites and pulled in another painful breath.

"What was it that I got injected with before?" the young Laibe asked raggedly, "before you came..."

Zu'Rel

With a nod to the Shipmistress he led the other Vladamir off the bridge. "I'm sure you won't, cause if you do... I'll leave your body behind." With a grin he continued down to the cargo bay to get ha environment suit. As he donned it he looked over at Vlad, "Suit up, and make sure your bringing your side arm and at least a sword... You know how to use one of those. Right?"

Bar'Diel

She sat there in the med bay feeling light headed and feeling quizy. She missed the comms button a few times before she hit it, "I'm in the med-bay and I think I need a medic... I hit my head and now I'm not feeling so go..." she released the button and dropped back to a seat, as a wave of dizziness washing over her.

Cargo bay

Vladi'mir nodded and smirked "i love swords more than ranged weapons" he got a suit and slowly puts it on "sounds like this will be interesting" he got a sword and his sidearm then looked at him "ready when you are Zu'Rel".

"Yer the only one?" Shar asked with a frown, returning a salute. "I was told, there would be more of you. Ah well. I am A'fuereb Lu'man Yar'ica Shar'ica. Just call me Shar though. Yer a pilot right? Well we have use of those, I hoped for some bloody troopers. Oh well, maybe we could teach you to drive a tank or something." Shar laughed and patter the girl on a shoulder. "Just kidding, let's get you up on the bridge so you can report to Ship-mistress."

At the address, Seu perked his long ears and immediately began digging through Sec'retna's med kit with the long, tactile manipulators arching out of the metal pack strapped to his back. He identified the nanite injector easily and fetched it out even as he crouched down next to the fallen Laibe.

"That is a question for the chief medical officer," Seu offered gently as one of his tentacular cyber-arms pressed Ye'gor's arm to the floor. "What is your name, son?"

Seu kept up the chatter as he prepped the shot with the injector, and then administered the nanite dose into the patient's arm.

"I just hope you're not going to double dose me," the engineer offered, "and I'm C'Baruce Tos'cana Ye'gor."

He flinched with the second hit of nanites he had been given in the last hour, though the kit couldn't be certain of it for sure.

"Fine... Then go get a pair of bikes ready... I'll be right over there." Zur'el ordered as he buckled his sword belt on, and holstered his plasma pistol. After a few moments he sighed and followed Vlad over to where the bikes were stored.

"Fortunately for you, C'baru Tos'cana Ye'gor, these nanites are not chemical in nature, are not programmed to interact with your general makeup. All they'll do is disperse through your body and report back on your condition. You'll be fine," Seu reassured the young Laibe as he withdrew the injection gun. "There you go. It will be a moment before the new nanites are fully distributed throughout your body via the bloodstream. At the worst...? You'll pee silver for a day."

"Alright!" Zes'kas answered as he followed the Laibe through the ship.

When they entered the cargohold, Zes'kas was barely able to avoid running into multiple people, and disrupting their operations. As they neared the door, and his guide gave him the recommendation to don his goggles, he frowned slightly. Wasn't too terribly long ago he was in a cargo bay, and that didn't go very well at all.

He shook off that train of thought, taking his goggles out of a pocket and slipping them on as they took their first steps onto the planet. His guide was right, without the goggles, he probably would have been blinded by the bright happy sun.

Docking

"Other one is in engineering," Sec'retna said as she gestured with a thumb toward the floor, assuming that perhaps engineering was 'down' and not up. "My job is that of an aviator," she seemed like a woman of few words right now, as she analyzed Shar and her expressions.

Engineering

A few moments indeed, the nanites cursed through Ve'gors body, carried by his blood - and quickly into his heart where they were then distributed throughout the remainder of his body and was accompanied by a coppery taste of the mouth. Soon the medical scanner came online and began to display a series of information from the microscopic nanites.

Nanites distribution in progress.....
Distribution 95% complete, 78% of nanites online. Scaning in progress.
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning....
Scanning Complete....
Compiling data......
Internal Injuries detected.
Minor Concussion detected.
Micro breaks detected to Thoracic Vertebrae, non life-threatening.
Scarring detected on left lung.
Heart Mumur detected, unable to determine severity.

"What's the scanner say?" asked the chief healer as she applied a shot of pain killer into the Kits arm. "You'll feel a bit of dizziness for a moment, but that will go away quickly. If you feel any other side-effects let me know right away."

Transport

The sun was certainly bright, much brighter than the sun in their home system. As Zes'kas ventured out of the ship, he'd be able to hear the sounds of wildlife coming from somewhere nearby, a group of soldiers marched in two lines out of the transport and broke up into groups of three before dispersing around the three landed ships.

Vladi'mir smiled and laughs "chose your favorite bike Zur'el" he smirked and pushed the one he chose closer to the cargo bay doors and laughed again happily to be going out, but there was a hint of uncertainty in his laugh as he was a bit worried about all that weird weather from before still.

Grabbing the other bike Zu'rel shook his head and threw his leg over the seat. "Let's go, keep to my * o'clock position, and keep and eye out to the rear. We will move to the west of the ships from here out 20 klicks before orbiting clockwise before meeting up with the rest of the away team."

He did wait for a response before he gunned the throttle and shot off out of the bay. in the open air he raced keeping an eye on the sky, if the storm picked up too much more they would have to go to ground. He wasn't sure that an extended patrol was what he wanted.

Ye'gor winced at yet another injection, but it was also a welcome distraction from all the other pains going on inside. Things got a little fuzzy - but that wasn't so bad - then stuff started to spin again, and that bothered him some. It was not great, but in his current condition, all the engineer could do was deal with it and hope he'll get better.

Engineering

Sec'retna frowned as she watched Ye'gors expression, "help me put him on the gurney," she said to the ships newest healer; she laid the gurney out on the ground, unfolding it and running the rods through the openings - it was old-school compared to the technology they had now-a-days, but it worked just as well. The Healer placed one hand under the Kit and looked up at Seu. "On my count, we move him... one.... two... three..."

Bridge

Sa'kira was almost done locking out the bridge stations when she noticed the alert call from the med bay, curiously she was wondering why there was no medic in the bay to receive such a call - but then - they didn't exactly have an abundance of available medics. Pulling out her C.P.C., she slaved vital messages and system information to the mobile computer before locking down the remaining systems, she also left a note for anyone who entered the bridge to state where she and her XO were.

She hurried out of the bridge and began to make her way to medical, hoping that it wasn't anything serious - after all - she wasn't exactly trained for medical emergencies.

Outside

As Zes'kas approached the Gam'trosha, he'd noticed two bikes taking off out of the cargobay and heading into the bright, blue sky. He'd also feel a slightly breeze starting up that was coming off to his left, causing some of the trees to sway in this breeze. The sound of animals had, mysteriously, died off for now.

Def'leor navigated the passages of the Gam'trosha until she arrived at the cargo hold. With the other team breaking out cycles it made sense to meet the returning crew member here. She also took a moment to look out at the vista beyond. Even with her goggles it was uncomfortably bright outside. It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the brightness. She moved down the ramp and looked in the direction of the ship that the transfer was coming. It was easy to spot the Laibe walking through the grass.

Last edited:
Vladi'mir followed Zu'rel quickly keeping an eye out on all sides listening out for anything coming for them, he was a bit worried that there were no sounds of animals or anything. He kept quiet though incase something attacked them from anywhere and smiled happily to be out of the ship even if it was for a mission.

Outside

At the moment, things seemed to be rather calm, with the gentle breeze blowing through the area; the sky was starting to grow a bit gray with clouds moving in from the north-northwest. Occasionally, rumbling of thunder could be heard carried by the wind along with the smell of rain. Zu'rel and Vlad'imirs bikes quickly disappeared into the dense forest that surrounded the landing area, the forest was very quiet right now, with the only sounds coming from branches both overhead and around that swayed back and forth.

As the recon team got further away from the ships, their bikes would begin to pick up on distant energy readings off to their one and two o'clock. Whatever they were, they were much to far right now to get an accurate reading on the signals, but they were currently the only things of possible interest.

(OOC: Recon continued in thread: Chapter 3.2 Recon Team )

Zes'kas liked the warmth coming from the sunlight, but he didn't care much for the bright light. Can't have everything, so he enjoyed what he did. The wind ruffled his fur, as he ran his hand over it to smooth it again, only to be ruffled by the wind again. So far he liked this new place.

He kept on his course though, heading towards the open bay of the Gam'trosha, which two bikes sped away from. He didn't pay them much mind.

As he neared the ship, he called out to his apparent welcoming party of one, "Hi! Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas, returning to the Gam'trosha!" He continued to close the gap as the weather appeared to be gearing up for a storm.

Engineering

With the use of his prehensile cybernetic manipulators -- he disliked 'tentacles' on principle -- Seu assisted Sec'retna in hoisting Ye'gor onto the trolley.

"Three!" he repeated with the ship's main medic, and with ease Ye'gor was moved onto the gurney.

He paused briefly to examine the readout of the nanite scan. "Still scanning," he reported. "But judging by his symptoms, I would recommend treatment for shock first and foremost while the scan continues."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back