Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.2] The Unknown Jui'varen!

Engineering

Sec'retna looked at the results and nodded and began to cut away the Kit's protective suit, it wasn't needed right now since they were in a secure environment. "Let's move him to the medical bay right away," she said to Seu and looked over toward the door as she lifted one side of the gurney.

Medical

Although Sa'kira didn't look the part, she still knew what was needed, it was part of officer-training to always have at least some basic understanding and training of every field onboard a ship just in case it was ever needed to be filled. As she stepped into medical, she saw that there were discarded items all over the place and let out a rather noticeable sigh, rubbing the back of her head, she soon noticed their counselor on a nearby bed. "What seems to be the matter Bar'Diel?" she asked while walking over to a medical kit and pulling out a scanner.

Last edited:
Def'leor watched as Zes'kas approached, "Welcome back Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas. A'Fuereb Vail'ant Def'leor, ship's Lexicon. Let's get you a room to stow your gear so you can join up with the Away Team we are preparing to deploy."

Last edited:
Engineering

Normally Ye'gor would be less than enthused about being stripped; however he was in too much pain to care. He'd rather the medics just do something about it or kill him at this point - not that he really wanted to die.

Zes'kas saluted, once he was within reasonable range. "I did not forget you Lexicon." He looked around the cargo bay and shuddered a little. It did not go well at all last time he was in there. Not even a little bit. "Okay! Lead the way!" He adopted his cheery tone despite his misgivings about the cargo bay. It would take him some effort to actually enter the cargo bay, when it came to it.

Def'leor returned the salute. "I would hope you did not forget me. But I was acting Lexicon, I just wanted you to be aware that I still am. I suspect that the Ship Mistress has not submitted a request for one. " She turned and walked back into the hold. "Once you get your equipment stowed away securely, I want you to report back to the hold. The Ship Mistress and I want to know what is going on with this planet. That bizarre storm we flew into during landing defies all normal meteorological science. " she paused for a moment "Stop by medical to grab any supplies that you deem appropriate for the away team. Cabin 5 is currently unoccupied, so why don't you take your stuff there." She said.

Engineering

Seu only nodded in agreement to Sec'retna's order as he bent to lift the other side of Ye'gor's gurney. "Lead the way," he advised, as his prosthetic tentacles latched onto the gurney stretcher support.

"Ummm Well..." She stopped for a moment looking and blinking at the Shipmistress as if she was trying to identify her," Well... i don't feel so well..." she giggled a little at the double well sentence... "hehe Well not Well... hehe" She sat there giggling, it was evident that one of her pupils were dilated quite a bit.

She rubbed her head where she hit it on the landing. "Owy, I hit my head and then came here... I guess I'm not where I am suppose to be." She made to get up and head back down to her office.

Infirmary

"No you are not," said Sa'kira as she planted a hand on Bar'Diel's shoulder. "It is obvious without even checking that you have a concussion, so you are going to stay here and rest and wait until the Miester Healer arrives," she stared at the civilian for a moment before starting a scan on her to check for other injuries.

A few moments later Sec'retna along with Sue and their patient had entered the infirmary. "Place him on bed 2," said Sec'retna as she moved over to bed 2 and slowly laid the gurney down on it. She then looked over at Bar'Diel and then back at Seu," treat this soldier for a level four concussion, also check your scanner to see if it came up with any further injuries while I tend to the civilian," she said to Seu before stepping away to take care of Bar'Diel.

"What seems to be the problem?" she asked Bar'diel, although she would've asked the Shipmistress but sometimes it was better to just get the information directly from the source.

Outside

Standing just a few feet from the Gam'trosha's boarding ramp was a squad of soldiers who were out on patrol, the squad had just been about to turn around when one of them looked up toward the ship and said. "Whoa... what happened there?"

Def'leor walked with Su'kelo through the ship. She stopped and checked her communicator and noticed that there was a situation. "Minor change of plans Su'kelo. Just drop your bags in your cabin and report to Infirmary. Seems we have some patients waiting for you as a result of our landing. The Ship Mistress is currently tending them, but it would be best if you get down their and apply your skills. Once you are finished there you can join me and the others down at the hold."

She turned and started making her way down to the cargo area at a brisk pace.

En route to Medical, Seu finally had a moment to examine his scanner's findings while Sec'retna trimmed off Ye'gor's suit.

"The outlook is severe," he reported as they hurried along. "Internal injuries, minor concussion, micro fractures to thoracic vertebrae.. There is scarring on the left lung and also a minor heart murmur, though I'm certain that's not related," he added, looking up at Sec'retna for any sort of reply or recommendation. She was acting surgeon here, so of course he would respect her position aboard the Gam'trosha.

Zes'kas didn't make much conversation while they walked, but when Def'leor told him of the change of plans, he nodded. He ran off to his cabin, opened the door, and with so much as a glance, threw his bags in and closed it. Then he remembered, he wasn't really cleared to return to his job, but he couldn't NOT show up either. So he went to the Med Bay, as quick as he could.

When he arrived, he looked into the small infirmary, seeing it nearly full. Two people he didn't know, the Ship Mistress, the Chief Medical Officer, and the little, shy Liabe he remembered from that time he went to dinner with some of the crew . "Su'kelo Dra'vir Zes'kas here!" He announced, walking into the room towards the Ship Mistress, seeing how the other patient was being treated by the unknown person and the CMO.

Med Bay

"Heart murmur?" Ye'gor exclaimed before coughing from the exertion and wincing in pain, "Where did that happen?"

The other injuries didn't seem to cause the young engineer alarm as they made decent sense to him according to what he remembered.

Def'leor adjusted her goggles when she entered the hold. With the boarding ramp down the hold was painfully bright. With her goggles active the light was tolerable. Def'leor turned towards the ramp when she heard some new voices. She looked at the squad of soldiers returning and that one was looking up at the ship. She walked down the ramp. "What are you looking at Soldier?" She asked as she stepped off the ramp and approached him.

Outside

The group of soldiers were briefly startled by Def'leors approached and it took them a moment to realize that she was the ships Lexicon, although this wasn't due to her rank band which obviously showed her as being an enlisted soldier - no - it was due to their helmets actually updating her silhouette to reveal her position onboard the ship. "Mah," one soldier said and shouldered his rifle as he peered up at the ships underbell. "I'm a bit surprised your ship doesn't have any of his engineering staff working to fix that," he pointed toward the ships underbelly.

There, sticking out almost like a sore thumb, was two large gaping holes in the ships lounge, one on end of the room and another exiting out the other, it was easy to tell which was the 'entry' and the other the 'exit'. The hole closest to where Def'leor was standing was quite obviously the exit, the windows were melted and curled outward like someone had taken a blowtouch and a can opener to it, the hole was easily two feet in diameter.

Medbay

Sec'retna looked up at Zes'kas and then down at the ships councilor, who still hadn't responded to her request. Overhearing the conversation between Ye'gor and Seu, the healer smiled and then looked back at the newly arrived soldier. "Take a seat Kit, we've got our hands full but once I am done here I want to perform a brief medical exam before clearing you for duty aboard the ship.. standard procedure ya know," she winked.

Bridge

When Shar arrived at the bridge she'd notice that there was no one there, not the ships Lexicon, the Shipmistress, or any of their agents. A brief message from the ships computer would tell her that the Shipmistress was in medical and that the Lexicon had disembarked.

Last edited:
She looked up at the new medic that was talking to her, the pupils were diffidently not dilated the same. her stomach was starting to feel a bit queasy as she though through the question that was given to her. "I hit my head... and the other lady said I couldn't go back to my office..." Bar'diel smiled a little, "My tummy feel funny too."

She felt the urge to throw up but she fought hard not to. "Can I just lay down here and close my eyes I think that'll help it all."

Def'leor looked at the damage. It was impressive, more so given that they had no indication. She opened a channel to the Ship's computer to be routed to the Ship Mistress and the Engineers

Ship Mistress
We have a serious hull breach. There are two large holes that go all the way into the lounge. The Window to the lounge has been melted. No immediate determination of the cause. Looks like something passed through the ship.

Engineering Staff
Damage control team need to repair hull on the underside of the ship. Lounge has apparently had something penetrate and come out.

Zes'kas nodded, "Okay!" He found a seat, but found it hard to stay seated, as he fidgeted around, unable to stay still for prolonged periods of time. He resorted to humming to keep himself occupied. It was clear that Zes'kas didn't really like waiting around, he liked doing things. But, orders were orders, and she was right to ask for a brief examination before allowing him to return to his station.

Then the thought popped into his head, What if I can't? What if I'm not allowed to work anymore? . His mind raced along that line of thought until he stopped humming and put his head into his hand, ears and tail drooping. He remained like this for a minute, before exclaiming loudly, "Yes I can!" He looked around the med-bay, his face red, or at least, redder than usual, "Sorry."

When Ye'gor suddenly startled, Seu gently laid a paw upon the young kit's head.

"Easy now," the elder My'leke said softly. "Your physician will get to the bottom of it, I'm sure. I'm C'baruce Men'sab Seu, at your service, son."

"Well crap," Shar muttered and considered what now. Either wait or go and meet up with Shipmistress at the medbay. Shar hissed and then turned around to the pilot. "Okay, bosslady is in medbay so let's go there. At least you will get tour of the ship sooner eh?" Shar grinned, and strode off to where Shipmistress was expecting the pilot girl to follow her.

Medical

Was this the young Laibe's luck evening out a little, or another tease from fate? The best he usually got from My'leke was tolerance; this one, on the other hand, was actually attempting to be nice to him. Ye'gor would have found it confusing if his mind were not occupied by other issues, like the various sources of pain in his body and head with the surprise addition of heart problems.

"C'baruce Tos'cana Ye'gor, Systems Engineer," the kit replied with a groan.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back