• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the vehicles arrived at the PA hanger in one piece, some a bit more beaten up than others. Kazuma arrived shortly after Maya and Hotaru, carrying a cup like container from the Jeep. He pretended to drink the water in the cup, but instead poured it on Maya's head when she wasn't paying attention. "We're even..." he said.

When Hotaru and Maya finally reached the PA hanger, Maya jumped out and gave Hotaru a playful congratulatory slap on the back. "Nice driving there, it looks like we bested everyone." Maya then went to give Hotaru a hand in getting out when all of a sudden she felt being drenched from the head down by a by a bucket full of water. Maya spun around only to see Kazuma still holding an large empty container that was dripping water.

Kazuma said:
"We're even..."

Maya just looked at him absent-mindedly and dumbfounded while trying to shake herself dry. "For what!? What the hell was that for?!" She then gives him an annoyed look.

Satomi was lucky to get through that patch of forest, but managed not to hit anything. She wiped her forehead as she stepped down from the STV she was driving, then seemed to shake something off before going "WHOO! That was fun!" as loud as she could.

As STV's began arriving one by one, Kail stood patiently, watching the recruits dismount and congratulate each other or whatnot. When most seemed to have arrived, she called out with a loud yell, as well as telepathically to each of the recruits. "Hey, Get your lazy asses over here so we can teach you a thing or two about being a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai!" She paused, grinning, before shouting again "I'll be your instructor for the rest of the day, and we'll be doing a Live Powered Armour Sim soon. So get on over here, and pick out a Daisy so I can teach you youngbloods how to use one!" She finished, standing next to her own, exceptionally battered Daisy armour.

Maya said:
"Nice driving there, it looks like we bested everyone."
Looking up at Maya, before getting out, Hotaru nodded her head and grinned. She then saw Kazuma walking towards them, before Hotaru could say anything, he'd emptied water over Maya. Getting out the STV, Hotaru giggled at the look on Maya's face then watched as Maya started laying into Kazuma.

Hearing someone shouting as well as 'pathing, she looked around and saw one of the instructors:
Kail said:
"Hey, Get your lazy asses over here so we can teach you a thing or two about being a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai!....I'll be your instructor for the rest of the day, and we'll be doing a Live Powered Armour Sim soon. So get on over here, and pick out a Daisy so I can teach you youngbloods how to use one!"

Hotaru thought to herself, Whoa! Stereo!, in regard to hearing it both verbally and non-verbally. Before she started looking around the various armours, deciding on which to pick before heading over.

Krasus drove into the PA hangar, frowning about how sloppy his jump was.
"Sorry." He muttered to his passenger.
He had gotten past the trees, but he cursed silently that he was so far behind.
He picked out a Daisy and nodded at the instructor's orders, understanding.

Still trying to shake herself dry, Maya walked to the nearest Daisy she could find. Maya just looked at the thing, it looked old and pretty battered so it must have seen plenty of use and it looked like about her size. She picked up the Daisy's helmet then looked back at the rest of the Daisy. "How do you put this thing on?"

After doing a scientific experiment to choose a PA; all that people heard was "Eeeny...meeny...miney...mo!", Hotaru ended up next to the Daisy that was to be hers for however long. Hearing someone asking a question, she looked around and saw Maya. Hotaru 'pathed to Maya, "Apart from just putting it on your head, I have no idea. Perhaps someone will show us?".

Once everyone was standing by a power armour, Kail began yelling again, still adding a bit of telepathy to make sure all the recruits heard. "Allright you recruits, Today we are going to teach you how to pilot a power armour. Everyone look at me, I'm going to demonstrate how you put on a Power armour." Within seconds, She had done a somewhat shocking thing. To most of the Nekos, it wasn't, but to many of those whom had been or were Yamataians or Geshrin, it was a bit new. She stripped naked, right in front of the 30 or so recruits, then grabbed the Daisy, pulling the front and back halves apart like a clamshell. Once the armour was open, she simply stepped inside, put her arms into the armour's, and it closed itself up. Once closed, she put the helmet on, and it sealed shut. "Allright!" she yelled "You guys have ten minutes to get used to these things, try getting in groups of three or four if you can, once you're mostly used to it." she finished.

After hearing the instructor give the instructions and demonstration, Hotaru followed suit, stripping then clambering awkwardly into the armor before suiting up. Fiddling with the helmet, she figured it out and put it on. With a hiss it pressurised itself.

It took Hotaru a few minutes to acclimatise herself with the armor, but once she had, she felt right at home. Testing the range of movement and few basic manouvers, Hotaru knew most of the controls due to having the required information in her brain. However putting that into practice was another thing entirely but she thought that she would do well.

Opening her link to Maya, Hotaru asked, "How are you finding it Ma-chan? I can't wait to test these out!"

After watching Instructor Kail and Hotaru putting on their Daisies, Maya proceeded to do the same with hers. She proceeded to unconsciously strip out of her PT clothes and opened the Daisy up. She stepped inside and the Daisy soon sealed her inside. As soon as it closed around her Maya felt a cold chill run down her spine as the Daisy began interfacing with her SPINE interface and she could feel herself becoming one with the Daisy as the interiors muscular flesh began to form fit around her. Maya then picked up the helmet and put it on until the seals had pressurized.
The Daisy's HUD then kicked on and began the start up and system status sequences when Maya then heard Hotaru over the suit radio.

Hotaru said:
"How are you finding it Ma-chan? I can't wait to test these out!"

"Just fine for now I think though I have to admit this feels a little weird." Maya then started to walk around and moving her limbs to try and and get a feel for it and then tried moving in a few tactical stances when suddenly she felt something crawling its way up her most private parts. "HOLY SHIT!? Whats is this thing doing!? Something is crawling up my urethra!!!" Maya then started running around panicking with her hands on her crotch.

Seeing the distressed recruit, Kail mentally executed a simple command that locked Maya's daisy, and soon her voice could be hear on the radio "That's the catheter organ, it's there so you don't have to exit the suit to go to the bathroom. You'll get used to it." After a few more seconds, Maya would note the suit unlocking, allowing her to move again.

All the recruits would notice that basic operation of a Daisy was as easy as walking and thinking. the main difference to get used to was heightened reflexes, but each suit's AIES helped control that so they didn't go overboard. Speaking of the AIES, all the digital-minded recruits would notice it talking to them, seemingly inside their brain. For the few Geshrin and Nepleslian recruits, however, a simple display showed in the HUD of the helmet to communicate with them.

Just as she was getting used to the armor, Hotaru heard Maya over the radio;
Maya said:
"HOLY SHIT!? Whats is this thing doing!? Something is crawling up my urethra!!!"
Barely holding in her giggles, Hotaru was about to respond (as she knew what it was...thankfully), but then she heard the armor instructor speaking to Maya;
Kail said:
"That's the catheter organ, it's there so you don't have to exit the suit to go to the bathroom. You'll get used to it."
After stifling her giggles at Maya's antics, Hotaru was slowly practising some moves using mental commands rather than the manual ones. She really felt like trying a kata out in it but decided she wanted more experience before attempting something like that. While waiting for the others to suit up, Hotaru began going through the more advanced controls and options, while checking the various monitoring systems.

Being glad that she can move again, Maya tried to relax as the catheter organ finished doing its thing. After that little incident was over, Maya decided to test out some of the suit systems starting with the radio. "Radio check, testing 1-2-3 testing, this is call sign "Alpha One" can anyone respond over."

"Alpha One, come in!" Maya heard on her radio. "Finally re-established contact! We're surrounded and need back-up!" the voice shouted. "We have injured men here and need extraction ON THE DOUBLE!" Gunfire could be heard in the background as well as the sender's ragged breath as he seemed to be running.

"Alpha One, do you respond?" A loud static hissed through the receiver and the sound went dead. Chances are the radio was destroyed.

"Trooper do you copy?!" Maya was busy mentally readjusting the radio to try and reestablish contact with no luck. "Unknown trooper respond dammit!!!" Shocked after hearing this surprising revelation and then hearing nothing but static, Maya immediately made a hard copy of the transmission and the signals point of origin coordinates into the daisy's memory for future reference and frantically began to inform the others.

"Hotaru-Chan!!! Instructor-Sensei!!! I was testing my daisy's radio when I received an unexpected mayday! A squad is surrounded and is being attacked by unknown enemy forces and have sustained casualties and is requesting immediate assistance and evac, I could overhear lots of gunfire then the transmission went dead with nothing but static and could not reestablish contact! There in trouble and we need to help them!!!"

While checking and monitoring the various systems, Hotaru got something through the radio, but she couldn't make out what it was until she heard Maya shout over the radio:
master9147 said:
"Hotaru-Chan!!! Instructor-Sensei!!! I was testing my daisy's radio when I received an unexpected mayday! A squad is surrounded and is being attacked by unknown enemy forces and have sustained casualties and is requesting immediate assistance and evac, I could overhear lots of gunfire then the transmission went dead with nothing but static and could not reestablish contact! They're in trouble and we need to help them!!!"
"Sensei, what are we waiting for? Let's go check it out. Alpha-two is with you Ma-chan!" Hotaru said with a trace of excitement and a bit of fear mixed in, as she sprinted her Daisy across to where Maya's was. She checked the status of her Daisy's weapons and got a mental listing; LASR-SLAG - Deactivated // PEW - Activated.

[OOC: Unsure about what weapons the training Daisys would have. If I've assumed incorrectly then I'll edit my post.]

"There are no fighting forces fighting on Nataria as we speak," the instructor spoke plainly. "Even if there were a battle nearby, we'd be useless, since you haven't even fired a weapon yet."

"As for the exercise," the instructor started. "You will be in teams of four, fighting in a classical team death match setting. Your main weapon will be the Ke-M4-W2901 Light Armor Service Rifle with training rounds loaded. One member of your team will have the SLAG attachment with chalk-filled rounds."

"The battles will take place in heavily forested areas with little maneuverability. Using boosters is frowned upon, unless you want to stay in the infirmary the rest of your stay. Feel free to elect a team leader and to establish call signs. Team work is necessary for victory. Now, pick your teams and grab a weapon!"

Maya just looked at the instructor with both shock and disgust and after hearing this and started yelling at the instructor. "So thats it!? Were just going to stand by and let them die and pretend like nothing ever happened! What ever happened to "Never leave anyone behind"!? Haven't you been watching the news lately, the galaxy has become a more dangerous place with in the past year and the political situations with our neighbors is deteriorating rapidly despite our illustrious leaders best efforts!

This could be the precursor to a another alien invasion of Yamatai and if it is then we are in a very dangerous situation! Besides even if I haven't had formal weapons training yet I do still have pre-installed simulated training and it will just have to do, there is a squad out there right now that needs our help, I can't just stand by and watch them die!!!"

"We are not the only forces in the Star Army of Yamatai. Even if there were an attack, forces occupying closer planets would fare better than forty green recruits. A leader has to know the difference between using lives for a just cause and wasting them."

The instructor chose to try and hide any anger towards the recruit. No point in showing a weakness if you can help it, only makes their view of you shake. "Besides, I had the AIES follow the path of the transmission. The message does come from another planet, but it was bounced from a local location. Seems either one of the other instructors or the MEGAMI wanted to pull a prank on you or was annoyed at the broadcast. Please forget about the message and focus on the task at hand."

Hearing Maya's viewpoint, Hotaru couldn't think but to agree with her even though Kail-sensei had a point; It was happening on a whole different planet. Pondering her options, Hotaru knew that if it was happening on Nataria, she'd go and do what she could to help, mindful of her limitations.

While thinking about that and listening to the conversation, Hotaru was checking her weapons were loaded with training rounds and that they were functioning within their parameters. She was also wondering when the others would finish suiting up and selecting the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back