• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Art Commissions Showcase

Over the years, many artists have created artwork for the Star Army universe. With all the art being scattered around our wiki, sometimes it's hard to get a sense of just how many artworks we've got, and we may have missed many new artworks simply because they were for characters not in the same plots as us. So I'm making this thread where I plan to post them all. You guys are welcome to discuss them as they appear.

I'm going to start with all the Star Army art I've collected on DeviantArt, and I plan to regularly post updates here.

Ken-TEC WARLOCK 'Conjurer' Suit
While making the Warlock was a step toward providing people with a simplistic power armor that a civilian or industrial worker could utilize effectively, the Conjurer is a variant created to provide a more war-oriented suit. Standing almost two feet taller and a few inches larger in bulk than the original and towering over normal humans, the Conjurer is a far tougher suit with thicker plate sections and a more protected chestplating. Its left arm lacks a traditional hand, replacing instead with a powerful hard-light tool (volumetrics). This allows the Warlock to form a tools or even a normal hand from light with a physical form, giving it extreme flexibility that befits the user's imagination. While not as fast and lacking its electrical and magnetic capabilities, the suit's gravity manipulation becomes less of a hindrance and the suit's overall power has been boosted with the lack of specialized parts. A new helmet grants the Warlock exceptional vision in nearly one-hundred and eighty-degrees, ensuring that the suit even without additional attachments such as a sensor rod on its pack is capable of having exceptional battlefield detection and visibility.

Compared to the original, the Conjurer makes the Warlock's original intent as an engineer's tool all the more visible while providing a fine example of Ken-TEC engineering matching the supply and demand for the men and women of Yamatai and Nepleslia alike could one day have a suit designed to adapt to the jobs of search and rescue, repairing and salvaging, and a niche defense and siege suit.

Originally created as fanart from a fantastic artist from reddit, the Conjurer was relined and removed of various fantasy elements to create the new suit. Thanks to the artist (if you see this and have a DA account, I will credit you for the awesome work =3=/) and I look forward to bringing out more of the really cool suits from Ken-TEC and more that you can find and read about on stararmy.com/index.php or (if you'd like to see art) from checking out Wes-of-StarArmy
at00.deviantart.net_YJcTKY1V3hLiFmLkMFxeaSrECyw__300x200_filte5389ba0bdafb07cac1680d83a005f686.png
View Ken-TEC WARLOCK 'Conjurer' Suit on DeviantArt

Delsaurian Gutter-Rake HCG
The Delsaurian Gutter-Rake HCG, the Hybrid Coach Gun, is a weapon older than many within the Kikyo Sector. A rather primitive weapon compared to the laser guns and more efficient weaponry of the advanced cultures, the Delsaurian Gutter-Rake is a shotgun and a high-caliber carbine in one package. In its current state, being sold and manufactured with an agreement with Zen Armaments, the HCG is a testament to the reason Delsaurians once were considered enemies of Nepleslians long ago. Affectionately named after its intent (to clear "gutters" of nasty critters or drive thugs from basements) and the look of its magazine (which when loaded can be dragged across the ground so the tips of the bullets drag lines in the sand like a rake), the HCG has been a dependable pump-action weapon that hasn't needed a new replacement.

In its most current Zen-manufactured design, the Gutter-Rake is a fairly compact weapon, akin to a smaller shotgun or carbine. However, while it might be fairly compact the weapon normally utilizes either 12 Gauge ammunition or a .72 caliber bullet. The unique ejection system allows this and a side-fitted magazine to work flawlessly. Hand-fed, the weapon can hold six shots and vents the shell out one of its side ports. When the magazine is shoved into the feed, however, the weapon uses a top-mounted ejection port, which throws the casing or shells into the air and over the shoulder of the one firing it. Each shot steadily moves the magazine through the feed, until it finally fires its last shot and gets pumped. This causes the magazine to get ejected out and away from the user depending on which side they loaded the magazine into, allowing a quick disposal and reload.

One seldom variant of the HCG is a version modified to utilize 8 Gauge or a special .810 caliber round. These can only be hand-loaded, however, as this modification was originally designed for a Delsaurian who has both weight and a very balanced center of mass. It has a capacity of three shots but the increased force often ensures anything that you couldn't kill with the 12 Gauge will get blown away with the increase of force and mass.

For more about the Delsaurians and the setting this gun is within, check out stararmy.com/index.php or Wes-of-StarArmy for more of the really cool artwork and equipment of the setting!
at00.deviantart.net_3gXReRN7ENXHaADInVZ8KHkoN9I__300x200_filte205fa871cc60d453169fb90aaeca3407.png
View Delsaurian Gutter-Rake HCG on DeviantArt

NAM Mamba Combat Suit
The Mamba is the most recent Nepleslian combat gear. Unlike the Golem Assault Armor, the Mamba is intended to provide non-powered armor units a stealth suit and a light combat armor in one go. With a loose air-flowing suit at the base layer, a custom-print Nepleslian Ballistic Vest, and reinforced combat plating the suit is far from unprepared. As the Golem relies on combat defense, using large and covering padding, the Mamba carries a unique system within its cloak, undersuit, and sections of thicker cloth worn beneath its armor. This system, MAMBA, stands for Mirror-All Mirage Battle Assistant. A low power signature, the ability to adjust its heat signature, and reflective fibers within the shawl and undersuit allows the Mamba to engage in active camouflage when moving slowly or almost entirely vanish from view when the user goes still. While the suit can be deployed without the shawl, it greatly loses effectiveness and simply makes the suit appear as a blurry image. In short, those within recon roles or even within the legendary IPG might find the suit useful with the shawl while common soldiers simply prefer it for the increased mobility and light-weight the suit provides.

Beyond the name-sake of the Mamba, the suit's two other most prominent tools are its unique ballistic mask and its right gauntlet. While the user wears a balaclava-like mask, they put on the ballistic mask and its rig to essentially hide their eyes from sight. Hidden behind the visor, the user can look out and utilize an eye-based mono-eye binocular that can freely adjust within the ballistic mask. This eye allows soldiers to scope in without requiring binoculars or using their weapon's sights, effectively allowing them to survey things up to 800 meters with clarity. The mask itself, as a ballistic mask, carries roughly the same protective power as the suit's ballistic vest, allowing the user to shrug off facial hits so long as it doesn't slip through the cracks of the mask that the mono-eye utilizes to move about. The right gauntlet is a far more simple tool, essentially an electromagnetic slingshot. Using two barbs to generate a field, the operator can use it to fling grenades and various objects silently without much movement. While situational, it grants the operative various options on how to approach or even open up attacks.

In short, while the Mamba lacks the sheer defensive might of the Golem it can easily make up for it with a lighter load, flexible tools, and a stealth system that even when damaged grants the user some efficiency in evading enemy detection or fire. The shawl and suit being able to adjust to its weather and harsh weathers, however, will likely see to an increase in use within forests and jungles where the Golem would be far less comfortable. And, while it might be named after a fearsome snake, the Mamba can never hope to outmatch its big brother in sheer combat power within the urban sprawls.

For more info about the Mamba and the setting it was designed for, check out stararmy.com/index.php or Wes-of-StarArmy for more art from the fantastic setting.
at00.deviantart.net_195Zv5UvDAW9vmhLXG4mm8kpO3s__300x200_filte0db3cd5faa50dbf6949a8c6611fec94b.png
View NAM Mamba Combat Suit on DeviantArt

NAM Mamba Combat Suit - General Camo
A variation I made, depicting the Mamba in its general colors with a multicam pattern camo-kit for its armor. While the default suit doesn't need camo, it is relatively cheap and not a stretch to believe a camo pattern or other colors could exist for the suit. This is a good look at one of those, allowing one to see the potential of modifying the Mamba for different jobs and environments. Maybe a snow/alpine variant in the future?
at00.deviantart.net_SRw4BN7rHJ3qDecq1nW4zcazj_Y__300x200_filte302147c6df4a4f701a177ac826ce8776.png
View NAM Mamba Combat Suit - General Camo on DeviantArt

Lin and Lind
This is another pair of Stararmy.com characters. These two are the ship AI for my plot ship, The ISC Lindorm. They represent two different sets of ship sensors/technology. Lin on the left is the more refined and advanced AI while Lind is the regular ship AI. The ship is a regular cargo vessel that is being used by the Star Army Intelligence for an undercover spy mission so the onboard AI and sensors were not enough so a MEGAMI was installed.

Original base by Nukababe
My stylus was eaten by my dogs so I had to print out the base, draw and then rescan it to clean up the chibis. So these lines are rougher than they would be otherwise.
at00.deviantart.net_RnoNppphzkeilZ2E15cOtrLd_pE__300x200_filtebc7f8f6c7ab0a7abce66e00a156ce5b1.jpg
View Lin and Lind on DeviantArt

RPG-D RPGfix
Back