• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [Completed] Mission 3: Patrolling The Southern Border

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh ma'am, I was doing no such thing! Besides, it is a sacred tradition in our culture that the cook never eat until each and every one of his guests has served themselves."

He did whatever little things he could do to help her, but, of course, his knowledge of rice preparation was extremely limited.

"But yes, it is quite cute. I'm Tom Freeman by the way, ma'am. Pleased to meet you."

She smiled. "Oh, I know you already. You we're the loudmouth whom made that blaring message just when our dear Taisa was being massaged by yours truly. He was quite..." she searched for the good word. "peeved."

"Now," she pointed him with a rice speckled index. "If you go and get yourself seated now I might try to put in a good word for you seeing the gallant rescue you just made. Otherwise..." the flow of her lilting voice came to a stop as she shrugged, "...well, I hear there's a spare engineer on board."

"Massaging a Taisa eh? Quite the spunky one! And it was good comedy if I do say so myself. Good enough to get me demoted! What's a performer to do, though?"

He switched to the thick country accent he used earlier.

"I cain't deny t' callin' of t' stage, ma'am. It be a thesbian curse."

He reached to the top shelf and grabbed some bowls for the lady.

"And how exactly am I going to leave if I haven't even gotten your name? That's not polite, either!"

"Kotori Arathraka, LAMIA power amor operator." she accepted the bowls he handed her and set them at her left hand side. "Which means I'm one of those ladies whom disrobes, get into a giant, curvaceous suit of armor and streak boldly out into cold space to kick the behinds of things you'd rather not sleep with."

Kotori smiled. She rather enjoyed their banter, but still, when she glanced back, he was still there and the guy had a meal to eat. "Still here?" she asked, part-amused and part-exasperated.

"You've found out my secret! My sole purpose of existence is to piss you off into eating first. Sorry, ma'am, but tradition is tradition. When you live in an arctic hamlet, these things stick like glue."

He crossed his arms and leaned back against the counter where he worked with the cake, inadvertently spreading flour onto his back.

"How's life as a power armor pilot? Much more exciting than an engineer I bet, but I did have the joy of trying to fight off a Mishu with a pistol."

Eve had been none too pleased with the NH-17 she was standing to during the inspection, having heard the exchange that took place between them. Her intent had been to request her temporary subordinate a MINDY, but she decided against it quickly. Keenly noticing there was a First Expeditonary Fleet pin on her, she suddenly hoped the bothersome 'nepotastic' woman might get blown apart in some pointless engagement. It was good for the soldier she didn't hear the conversation in the back of the small galley.

She sat at the emptiest end of the table, hoping to dear life the seat she was at was sitting next to the foot, and not the head of the table. Oh, I still didn't unpack all my new clothes.. she thought back to the alert that had cancelled their leave after the battle she'd been through on Tami.

The Geshrin moved her eyes around, examining the people she'd never seen before when they weren't looking. Strange looking Yamataian. she noted Kayto. At least she's here, I sort of remember her. she looked to Saeki with an odd sideways glance, before staring at her empty plate, sitting straight up in her chair.

"I was only a trainee at the S.A.R.A. until very recently when I was certified in my Advanced Space Power Armor combat training course." Kotori kept her eyes on her work, wanting this to be as quickly and efficiently done as possible.

She smiled, thinking back. "They did absolutely everything to trample out any flaws I would have out. I came through it somehow - giving it my best all along was probably worth it. I actually added some obscure attack protocol to their training bible : the 'tesseract-based attack'. After I wiped out 5 simulated SMX Attack Pods using it, the evaluators appeared convinced enough to add it in."

Come to think of it, that might be why I jumped 2 ranks.

She shrugged nonchalantly, not wanting to dwell on it overlong. "In any case, I haven't fought a real enemy yet. I know many people here are no doubt itching to get into some action, but I prefer going for the 'Be careful of what you wish for' line of thinking. I do want to give something back to the Empire for granting me life and all, but I'd very much like to think I can grow beyond just being a killing machine."

Masako sighed in a little annoyance at the entire situation she had to go through. Not only did she have to do push-ups because one of her new crewmates was late, but one of the late ones had been a crewmember from Confidence.

Walking into the mess hall after the dismissal, the young neko noticed the newly promoted NH-17...she couldn't really remember her name at the moment...talking to the apparent cook.

Looking around for a moment, she decided to take a seat across from Roken. "Don't feel bad," she said calmly with a smile, forcing her previous annoyance aside. "As long as you've learned your lesson, things should go smoothly from now on," she tried to set the man's ill feelings with a calm and soothing smile.

Kestral was walking the same route he had walked, what had only seemed a minute ago. Down the corridor, and into the bridge. However each time he had done this, the outcome had been different. In his last battle he had once again died. However Ghi had not been shot before he got there, and some of the other soldier's where also alive.

Kestral had his Xaser rifle in his hand, he knew what was going to happen, so on opening the bridge door, he began firing. He let out three shot's before realising that there was already a fire fight going on in the bridge. Ghi was there, so to was Saeki, though she had never been there before. There was also Roken and another Neko. However he did not know she was. He lowered the weapon to his side, and watched the final moment of the battle. There in front of the four soldiers where the five Mishu he had seen repeatedly, but this time they where all dead, flying blood shed on the floor.

It was over, he felt content, happy even with the situation that he was in. He was mentally tired, he wasn't sure why things had changed so much. Yet all he wanted to do was lye down and shut his eyes. He stood there for a second, and realised that the four crew members where looking at him. Then he blinked, and the air was cooler, and there was no smell of burning. There was once again though the bright light. Kestral turned over in the bed to his left, so as to shield his eyes from the light. Not realising however that he was so close top the edge he fell of. Landing on all fours. He pulled himself up, his legs felt like jelly, and he muscles hurt. He also felt extremely hungry.

It was then that he realised he was in the Meddy bay. What the hell? Where am I here? He then realised he was also only in a t-shirt, and boxers. His clothes where next to the bed, and he quickly got himself dressed. "Suzi what the hell is going on?" He asked.

"Ah, captain. You are awake." Her head appeared in front of Kestral, it had a huge smile upon it. "You had another one of those dreams, however this time it was a lot worse, and you have been out for a while. So long that is, that they brought in another captain. Just until you got better. On that note, how are you? Feeling any pain?"

Kestral frowned. Another Captain? "Err....Yes I am fine. Hungry, but fine none the less.2 He looked directly at Suzi. "Where can I find everyone? Especially this captain. Who is he?" Kestral was scared. Although Suzi had said the captain had come in only while he was out, what if he lost his job, he didn't want that to happen, he was way to happy.

"Taisa Rufus Sydney sir. They are all dining. Tom has prepared what looks like some excellent food." She smiled again, and watched Kestral. Who had just began looking under the bed for his pistol. "I think you'll find that the pistol is behind you. On the desk." Kestral pulled his head out from under the bed. How did she know i was looking for my pistol? He shrugged that thought away and placed the holster around his thigh.

"Right, thanks. I will be going then. To the mess hall you say." Kestral looked at the familiar head, and walked out of the meddy bay. He was walking with purpose, but very slowly due to his muscles being very week. As he entered the mess hall he noticed everyone was there. He smiled. He was glad to all the live people, actually there instead of a stupid dream. He decided that food had to come first. This way he could build up some energy. He walked over and took big helping of all the food. Picking up the chocolate cake last. Wow, this looks good. Yummy. There was Tom in front of him, talking to another women, who looked strangely familiar. "Tom.â€

Rufus, still a bit disappointed over Kotori disappearing into the the kitchen, slowly ate some sort of chicken-based food at a table in one of the wardroom's corners near the entrace. He was alone at the moment, probably because the crew wasn't really feeling too familiar with him yet. As Kestral walked in, Rufus prepared to make a remark about showing up for inspections, but stayed the comment after spotting the Chusa pin. "Ah, good news," he thought to himself, waving to the man. "Hello there! You must be Chusa Bowman."

Kestral turned away from Tom, even though the guy hadn't answered yet. There in front of him was the guy who had taken over his ship. He new this as soon as he had spotted the Taisa pin. In actual fact he was glad that they sent a high-ranking officer to take control, which must mean something. "You must be Taisa Sydney." Kestral replied back. "I am glad you could come and help out, pleasure to meet you Sir." Kestral bowed slightly. "May I ask how long I have been out of action? I was headed for the South Gate last i knew off." Kestral's face went slightly red, at the thought that he had just, well sort of, abandoned the ship. He smiled to try and hide the tomato face he could now imagine.

"Just about a day. By the way, Mizuho's been reassigned away from your ship, and a new first officer has been sent to replace her. Here, sit down and I'll give you the info on the mission we've been given," Rufus said.

Kestral nodded. "It was always going to happen. Mizuho wasn't all there. Who would this second officer be?" Kestral had only be out for a day, yet everything had gone on. He was proud of the crew for this. Now they had received their new orders, he wasn't sure if they were still going to the South Gate, Kestral sat down, his full attention on the Taisa, the thought of food had disappeared and he feeling an adventure. "Tell me all." Kestral said with a smile.

Rufus told Kestral of a mysterious planet south of the South Gate that had been producing unusual signals and readings and appeared to have old, but advanced technolgies--even aether devices. The world, shrouded in dark, misty clouds, had a storm-battered surface that covered what appeared to be a network of ancient underground facilities. A previous team had gone to explore, but not returned. Rumor had it that there were great riches and power hidden deep within the tunnels. It would be up to the Mikomi's brave crew members to investigate the labyrinth, and find out what was inside...

Kotori, oblivious to Tom's difficulty with the cake, packed together tightly her last riceball and looked at the bundle with a self-satisfied smile. This is better. She took them out of the bowls and choose a larger dish where she lay some ricepaper before adding the riceball proper. She had made them in two flavors : tuna and cherry. She wished she had more on hand, but with what little time she had, she supposed that making two dozens would have to do.

She headed out, skirting the large dining tables. She heard the hubhub of conversations as she tried finding a spot to put the dish she had prepared. Once she did, she lay the plate down, placed the bowls stacked up at it's side and called out : "We have riceballs here if anyone is interested!" she picked up a tuna and cherry one for herself. She deposited the bowl in a plate, filched some chopsticks and then helped herself to some of the vegetable salad before heading off over the foot of the table where some seats where still available.

She actually settled smack in front of Eve and said "Itadakimasu." to no one in particular before claiming a bite of her tuna-flavored riceball. She then looked over the kitchen, hoping Tom would come along soon.

Kestral listened to Rufus. He was amazed and slightly astonished that they had been given the task. It was going to be an adventure after all. "This is great, just what the troops will love. Will you be joining us?" Kestral asked. He liked the guy; he seemed down to earth, and generally really nice. Though that was first impressions, as he hadn't spoken to him for long. "When do they want us to set of?" Kestral almost wanted to depart for this planet immediately.

"We're already on the way," Rufus said, "and as for joining you, I'm not sure. I think I'm only supposed to be here until you're back on your feet again. I'll stick around until your new first officer shows up, I guess, but I have my own ship to take care of that's waiting on me. You understand, right?"

"Of course," Kestral nodded, "Thank you ever so much for even coming in the first place. "What is the situation then, how long until we arrive? Do the crew know what is happening?" Kestral looked at the man straight in the face. He had come all this way just to look after the ship for a day. Now that is nice! "Oh and will you be taking command still or are you handing it back over?" Kestral smiled, it was a cheeky question as he was the higher rank.

"I'll let you be in charge. After all, it is your ship," Rufus told Kestral. "We're only an hour or so from orbit, but the crew still needs their briefing. I'll be up to you come up with a plan and execute it. Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah I am sure I will be fine. This is a great crew. I hope they have been the same with you. I am sure they will be more exited about this than I am now. Did you have anything ready to say to them, about this mission?" Kestral was looking forward to breifing the crew, as it would give him a chance to see them all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back