• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [Completed] Mission 3: Patrolling The Southern Border

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a shower and a fresh change of close roken made his way to the mess hall for a quick bite to eat, as he walked the halls he noticed a lot more people around than he could remember. Must be getting ready for the inspection roken thought there are a lot of neko's aboard and not one nepletiens.

Roken steped into the mess hall the place looked empty and there were no cooks in sight he hoped the AI would be able to direct on how to make something quick. "Suzi do you know where the cook is?"

"The cook is in the galley."

Saeki stood in her room, laying out her formal uniform on the bed, humming a quiet little tune to herself. She was in her underwear, her old clothes crumpled on the floor.

Quickly she dressed herself, throwing everything on and then stepping in front of a mirror to appraise herself. She smoothed out her hair and ran a comb through it, straightening her uniform and putting on her holstered weapon. Time to head off to the assemblyway!

"Suzi, where do we need to assemble for inspection?"

"The port side main passageway. Please pay attention," the computer told him.

Meanwhile, Carlos had gotten to the mindy bunks for the interim. He was already in his formal uniform, all ready for the inspection. He produced a cigarette and lit it, inhaling the smoke deeply with closed eyes. He needed something to calm the nerves before his first inspection.

Nick had stepped onto the Mikomi twelve minutes before with some of the other transfers from the Confidence, reported his name and rank to the AI and asked it for directions to his bunk, then unpacked his belongings for the third time in his extremely short career in the Star Army. Already, he was used to being reassigned and moved around, so he unpacked as quickly as he had gathered up his things before departing from the Confidence.

This ship impressed him far more than the Confidence had; it seemed less utilitarian to him and had a more comfortable mood about it. There certainly were more people on this ship, and from the little that he'd heard they'd seen their share of action – veterans compared to him. He could only hope that he could prove himself worth their company.

He relaxed for a few minutes after unpacking, reading a small book which he produced from his bag. This couldn't keep his attention for long, however. His flask had been empty for quite some time, and as he read the words, their meanings and implications were forgotten just moments later. He continued ‘reading' until the message came over the comms.

"Attention Mikomi crew: The inspection will begin in twenty minutes in the port-side passageway. Everyone but the cook should be there."

Nick smirked, putting down his book on the bed. He got up, stood there for a moment, stretched, then headed for the inspection area, straightening and tidying his uniform along the way.

The new captain's announcement came as a welcome distraction for Tom. Wiping tears out of his eyes, he smiled and let out a soft laugh.

Ah... I can set the table and the food. I suppose that also saves me a bit of trouble with the new captain.

Tom's mind subconciously pushed all the painful thoughts of his past into the background. He blinked a couple times, took a few deep breaths.

And just like that, Tom was back to normal.

The Geshrin took the remaining time to set the tables, adding iced pitchers of water, milk and juices. For anyone who wanted alcohol, there'd be bottles with shotglasses set to the side.

By the seven-minute mark, the entire table was set and the Geshrin was icing the dessert cake.

He didn't notice the person hanging outside.

Kotori started at the announcement and gave her two crewmates a polite bow. "I need to get the last of my things in order before the inspection. Please excuse me."

She headed in the bunk rooms only to find a man lounging on a bed, smoking of all things. Her ears flattened in disgust and she lay her luggage to the side of the room before making a quick retreat.

Out on the port side, she walked quickly away, not wanting to stay close to the smell. She was certain she read up that smoking was forbidden in the regulations somewhere, but she had seen the others rank and did not care to hazard a reprimand.

"MEGAMI, please adjust the environmental controls in the Mindy pilots bunk room to filter out any bad odors." she asked before rounding up the corner, where she spied Taisa Sydney.

There was only him standing there. Apparently, she was the first on the scene and there we're only a couple of minutes left. She came smartly at attention, saluted and said. "Trainee Kotori Arathraka reporting, Sir."

"Good evening, Ittô Hei," the Taisa grinned, approaching her and unzipping her bodysuit down to the belly buton. With one hand, he pressed against the fabric of her's uniform's left breast, and with the other, he pressed from the other side. There was a metallic clicking noise. It only lasted for a brief moment, and when he was finished, Kotori was wearing a shiny new Ittô Hei rank pin with the First Expeditionary Fleet's logo on it (the fleet that Rufus had come from). As he zipped her back up again, he looked into the girl's dazzling eyes and smiled. "Congratulations on your promotion."

Kotori flushed a pretty pink, not blind to the subtle message that came along with the promotion. She fought against the pressure just below her throat, took a steadying breath and bowed gratefully.

"Arigato, Taisa Sydney-sama." she said, holding her position for a good 2 seconds to convey her gratitude. When her head came up, she couldn't hide her astonishment from her eyes.

Ittô Hei~! Her service just began and she was a first-class soldier before even getting in a combat engagement.

"Oh. Say so sooner next time please." she replied as Suzi appraised the Geshrin of the situation. Dinner won't be too bad I guess.. she though absently, reattaching the Kylie to it's straps, and removing herself from it after she had cleared the helmet and standby sequence. Standing in the cold air of the bay nude for a moment, she precisely and quickly worked her way into her jumpsuit, pulling her hair out of it's ponytail after mounting her pistol. "Good. Everything in order." she sealed shut her compartment, and walked to the nearby corridor to see who had arrived early. Maybe she'd get a look at some of the crew she'd hardly seen in her time aboard the Mikomi.

The Taisa beamed with satisfaction at seeing the pride in Kotori's eyes. After a moment, he noticed Eve and turned to her. "Right on time," he said. "If you'd stand in a line next to Kotori here..." he gestured with his hands, before checking his wristwatch.

Kotori's train of thought shifted when she saw the new arrival, whom she recognized as the pilot named Eve. She was much taller and youthful than she had expected, but there was no mistaking the eyes.

The Nekovalkyrja offered a silent nod in greeting - not quite trusting her voice at the moment - and returned at attention. There would be time later to get acquainted, but not now when people were starting to file in.

Getting off the wall Kato straightened up and made sure his uniform was smoothed out and in place. Muffling a yawn since he hadn't been asleep since the shuttle trip over he stood at attention. The warm pool of sake in his belly wasn't helping his sleepy state either but he didn't show any sign of it. He waited for what was to come without a care in the world. He'd never done the army wrong at least not to his knowledge but that is what this guy was for right? To go over everything to analyze our personality's and see if it's safe to still keep us on a ship after what had just transpired?

"Doubt I'll be getting my lab until most of these people are gone.... and this guy as well, bah......"

"Bad ship?" Eve thought suddenly as she stood at a sharp attention next to the unframiler Nekovalkryja. Artistic? Maybe-oh. He wasn't there to see that. she recalled their escape from Tami's atmosphere. I wonder if Ghi put my request through yet. Maybe he's angry about that? I don't think he's Yamataian.. she thought as she stared into infinity (though really just the oppisite bulkhead) waiting to hear another prepratory command. As she did this her thoughts drifted to the Nozomi class schematics, to and from what happened to their previous commander during thte mission.

Natalie waved to the neko when she was leaving. Socializing with nekovalkyrjas wasnt Natalie style, but seems that was going to change slowly, specially when the ship is full of them. Then stared at Kato, who completely ignored her in the greeting and the question, wondering if she did something wrong to him or something.

But she didn´t mind much. Probably she interrupted something important, and that was not her intention.

Then noticed some of the work on the meal. "At last i will be able to eat something worthy for a soldier like me <3 ... oh my, look at the time, the inspection is like now!" she said in a soft voice to herself.

Gracefully sending back one of her ponytails to her back while doing a swift turn towards the portside direction, she pointed her glance at Kato again, leaving the place he was without saying a word to her.

((OOC: Sorry for the delay, my PC was out of commission for two days due to a viral invasion. I'm back up now))

Upon hearing the announcement, the raven-haired neko blinked as she got her bearings. She was actually on the opposite side of the ship from the port-side docking port. Sighing in annoyance at the fact, Masako began to double time it to the location.

Finally reaching the appropriate docking port. Upon spotting Taisa Rufus Sydney, the young neko got into line quickly and bowed in greeting. "Jôtô Heisho Kurohoshi Masako, reporting as order," she greeted politely as she kept her bow until she was acknowledged.

Rufus nodded to Masako, and then began walking down the line. "What the hell," he grumbled. Only Kotori, Eve, Kato, Natalie, Nick, Saeki and Masako had showed up on time. Everyone else was absent for the moment. The taisa would remember. "Good evening," he greeted the crew, raising his voice. "I'm Taisa Rufus Sydney, and while Ketsral's out of his mind, I'm going to be running this little scout ship. I'll tell you all about the mission at dinner. Now, I'm going to give each of you a quick inspection."

Rufus would closely examine each crewmember down the row, checking to make sure their hair was clean and pretty, their uniform crisp and unwrinkled, their rank pins shiny, boots clean and unscratched, and he'd give them each a few questions about how they were feeling about the ship at the moment, their names, and what they did, as well as some trivia questions about the Nozomi-class and the Star Army in general that would show how much each knew.

When he got to Kato, he growled, "What the fuck...you smell like booze."

Crud no time for food, gotta get to the inspection. Roken left the mess hall and made a mad dash for the inspection area dodging anyone that was in his path, almost there he thought.

As Roken stept through he saw quite a few cat people lined up, "forgive me sir Infantry Roken techard reporting for inspection," Roken saluted and made his way to the end of the line. Awww man im gonna get chewed out for this for sure.

"Oh look, Roken's decided to join us. Good thing our lives won't ever depend on him showing up on time. OH WAIT! THEY MIGHT!" Rufus scowled sarcastically. "Everyone but Roken start doing pushups, because after all, it's us who'll pay the price when he's late in combat...Dooooown! UP! Dooooown! UP...Roken, you lay down against the wall and have a nap over there. After all, you don't care about these guys, do you?"

For a moment, the thought of doing push ups seemed ludicrous to Kotori. She had bypassed that stage, but the Taisa was talking to them much like a drill instructor and less like a starship commander. It was only a split-second hesitation before she herself decided to comply, dropping on all four and actually starting to do push ups.

The point is obeying orders, right? She hoped her hunch was right and that she wouldn't make a fool out of herself. Well, at the very least, I make doing push-ups look easy, she thought wryly as she went 'up' 'down' vigorously.

"I smell like boozes?" He was already on the floor doing the push-ups as commanded. "Sir Tom request of me to retrieve his duffel bag of liquor from the men's quarters and I complied with the request. Also sir he is making some liquored up dishes and I tasted one of the bottles he was using, sir. If you would like to put me under any tests to see weather or not I'm in perfect operational standards I will not hesitate to willingly follow through with it sir." He was still pushing himself back up from each push up with easy as waited for some angered yells to follow. They liked to crack down on people to see if they couldn't mentally handle everything that was thrown at them wile under physical pressure.

This wasnt that bad, it was worse roken thought not only did he get chewed out now he's using the same punishment his drill sargent at the accadamy did to them, this time he wasnt doing the pushups this incident was going to score him some negative points with the crew and with the CO.

"I do care for them sir," roken said firmly "In a combat situation Ill be first on the frontline, its what i was trained for." Roken knew what he said wouldnt mean squat but it didnt matter he asked and I answered, "the crew shouldnt suffer because of my tardyness... sir."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back