• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Dark Ononi

Thoron woke up with a start. He had slept well, and by the looks of it for quite a long time. He slowly got up and walked over to his clothes. He changed quickly and walked into the kitchen, his mother was in there, humming to herself while cooking some pancakes. "Morning Thoron, how are you this fine morning?â€

Thoron stood up. He was tired and hadn't eaten in a while, or what felt like a while as he had just had a huge amount of pancakes. He looked around the landscape, it was beautiful, but he could feel a disturbance. Like a death had just occurred. It was strange, he had only felt it once before, and that was when he had watched a fight between to elder Seelie, one had been killed in the fight. Seelie battles where very violent, and often occurred in a death.

"Nim, I don't want to stay here anymore. I feel something, but I am not sure what it is. Do you still want to go to Lorika's? I don't mind." Thoron looked at Nim who was still on the floor. Nim looked up at him.

"Yeah I would like to go actually. I feel like seeing her." Nim smiled up at him and got up. "Shall we go?" Thoron nodded and began the walk down the other side of the hill. The felling grew with every step, but he carried on. He wasn't sure what it was, and now, he didn't care either. They made the short walk down the hill, and got to the edge of her fence. In one move they where both over it and beginning the walk to the front door. "Lorika, it's Thoron and Nim." Nim called out. There was no answer; Thoron just assumed she was singing to herself while cooking, like she always did.

The first instant Thoron thought something was wrong, was when the door was slightly open. She never had the door open; they always went in through the back door. "Lorika?â€

Cio woke up slowly, yawning and streching his arms he got up and quickly put on his clothes, he had slept well, It was his day off after all. he felt kind of tense, he always did after not working out for a while, 'maybe i'll just go down to the dojo for an hour' with that thought in mind he slung his two swords over his shoulders, sprinted downstairs grabbed some bread and told his mum where he was going,

He arrived at the dojo shortly, he was the only one there, it wasn't really a dojo, more of a free training ground, but he liked the name. Cio did a few streches, lifted a glass with his mind and then out came the claws and the warm up really began. He got into a proper fighting position and swiped at the dummy, then he came at it with his other claw back swiping it, he stepped back shook his head then began again.

he stepped forward with lightning speed and caught the dummy with an upper cut up through would would have been the jaw of an actual person, then he retracted his claw and span, while his claw came back out again his other hand came round in a backwards slash across the 'face' followed by his other claw ripping through the dummy.

Cio stepped back, swigged at some water then retracted his claws and slowly drew out his swords, 'now this is where the fun starts'
Cio ran at the dummy, jumped into the air and landed while hitting the dummy with a double slash. he brought one of his swords up in an arc designed to cut a head off while using his other to perform a quick jap to the stomach.

This continued for a while, when he realised how long he'd been, he was sweating heavily. He put his swords away, drank some more water and walked out of the dojo into the burning hot sunlight of the open sky.

Cio walked out into the bright sunlight and streched his arms, 'it was a glorious day to have off' he thought. Cio looked in the the distance and admired the view, he began to sing softly to himself as he walked home for some real food, when suddenly he thought he saw Thoran in the distance, he couldn't tell if there were other poeple with him, but it looked like Thoron,

"Thoron! hey Thoron!" he shouted, hoping that it was him and he hadn't just embarersed himself by getting the wrong guy.

Thoron away from the men in front of him, they where still talking and Thoron wanted to hear what about, but someone had just called his name. As he looked to see who it was he recognised Cio. One of his friends, in actual fact probably one of his only friends. Not many people like him because of the dark Ononi thing. "Hey, Cio. How you doing?â€

"Thoron, Thoron!"

Cio had ran after Thoron and was panting, trying to re-capture his breath, as soon as he caught up with Thoron, who didn't seem to be doing anything now, came out with a load of half intelligble questions,

"What...was..that thing, are you alright, how come you ran off without me"

All the questions came blurting out at once, not giving Thoron a chance to reply to each question individually.

Thoron looked down at Cio. He was slightly surprised to see him, and then again he wasn't as everyone else from the village had come to. He stayed where he was and called down.

"Come up. I'm not sure what that thing was. Not nice for definite. Yeah I'm fine, may just get a bruise." He smiled and looked back at the group at the Seelie, then further out to where the creatures still where. This defiantly wasn't good, and he was scared at what could happen to them.

Cio scaled the tree with ease reaching Thorons branch without trouble, He looked up and saw the Mishu, though he hidn't know what they were and gazed with awe,

"What are they?, what do you mean 'not nice' are they dangerous"

Cio then looked at Thoron, he had hurt his face, "What happened! did they do that to you?"

"I don't know what they are....they are creatures. That I have never seen or heard of before. I don't even know what they are called. Yes they are very dangerous. They took out at least twelve Uvanimo's with one blast of what ever their weapons are. They are much better than the arrows we have." He rubbed his face absently. "Yeah the creature slapped me around the face. It was weird they had killed everything else they had come across; I was the first to be spared. I don't know why." Thoron looked at Cio and then back towards the things. "Did you see what happened?"

"No, i didn't make it in time, i saw the big thing fly back up into the sky again though, what was up with that, did they leave anything down here?"

Cio was frightened, he had never seen anything like it, and killing twelve Uvanimo's with one shot, well that was impossible, wasn't it?

For once Cio began to wonder what was out there, was there some kind of alien species that had developed enough to go to space, after what he just saw and heard, he had to assume that there was.

Thoron nodded, down on the ground in front of the trees, about five hundred metres away from the huge group of Seelie where at least thirty of the creatures. They where in a group and from the looks of it, looked as though they where talking to each other. Thoron couldn't quite tell. "Yeah, have a look, there are at least thirty down there, at least." He was slightly nervous about the whole situation, he almost didn't want anything to come down on Ahmar again, he wanted to go back in time.

"What the...? there so weird, what are the others doing there, it isn't safe just standing around like that, from what i've heard, and what we've seen is that these creatures are real dangerous, we need to warn the others some how!"

Cio looked at Thoron, then looked at the mishu, then at the seelie, could they even see those creatures! He had to pull him self together, he was in the army now, protecting civilians was his job, he had to think, and fast.

The crowd at the edge of the forest began to get to their knees and worship the remaining Mishu. They saw them as Gods, killing all those Uvanimo's without even a sweat. This was something that the Seelie population never thought they would see. Even though the Mishu creatures had shed a lot of blood, the Seelie only saw that as them exerting their power, so that they would recognise them.

Thoron watched this happen. "I don't think they see it that way Cio. They are worshiping them. There is nothing we can do. The only ones who saw it where the Black Ops they would know what to do. I suggest you get down there and ask people if they believe they are Gods, get the stragglers and we can find the unit. We can stick with them." Thoron looked at Cio and then at the crowd at the trees. At the moment he felt safe up here. This was the Seelie best battleground, in the forest. They where practically unbeatable here. He nodded to him self and jumped down. Looking at anyone who was not on his or her knees. "Follow me!"

Ito awoke suddenly and jerked his arms to his face, to rub it. However instead he ran his left arm flat against the point of the bed side table. "Aww, for gods sakeâ€

Cio, jumped down from the tree, landing swiftly and with ease, he began to follow Thoron when he realised that it would be better if he went and found other people, Thoron could take care of the people over here, he began to walk away when he saw Ito

"Ito, hey Ito come over here, something weird's going on here, most of the us are worshiping these creatures that came down in the ship, but Thoron and the black op's soldiers saw what really happened, and Thoron told me what happened, there's just something not right with them, i mean they hit Thoron for just standing still, come with us and Thoron will tell you the whole story, and the black armour troops can protect us if things get nasty"

Ito stared at Cio in disbelief, "CREATURES, what do you mean creatures you mean there are thing are here now?, worshipping them... why?, wait stop i dont understand,oh god, start from the beginning! who is Thoron..... what the hell is going on..where did the black ops come from.....is Thoron alright.. i woke up like 30 minutes ago and now this, damn". after that Ito fell silent thoughts buzzing through his head. Ito realised that he was close or already having a panic attack, so knelling on the ground, he toke several slow and deep breathes and then rose again. "sorry" he said, staring at the ground feeling stupid for his outburst, as he waited for Cio or anyone to break the silence.

Thoron moved passed a man in red armour. Then stopped as he saw Cio talk to him. He called the man Ito, he must know him. "I'm Thoron, maybe you should have a look at what is happening." He turned to the group of men and women, mainly men. Their where about twenty of them, and about five women. "Wait here, I will be back, I have to show someone something." He turned back round to face this Ito guy and grabbed his hard, pulling him to where everyone else was. They where still there, and the creatures where past them, however this time closer, they where moving closer each second. Instinctively Thoron jumped into the sir, back into the trees. He had released Ito's hand, but had made sure he knew where he went. "Come up, and have a look!" Thoron called down.

Cio turned to Ito,

"Well come on then, you wanna see these creatures right?"

Cio and Ito jumped into the tree and joined Thoron, Cio looked down at The Mishu and Then looked at Ito,

"Weird huh, oh yeah Thoron, when are we going to meet up with those Black Op's troops?"

Thoron looked at Cio. He has no idea when they would meet them, they had to find them first. Why was he asking him all the questions, he was like four years younger than Cio, and wasn't part of the army yet. "I'm not sure, we have to find them. Then we can find out what they are doing." He examind the creatures again, and sat there waiting for Ito's responce.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back