• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Day 1] Getting Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Getting Started

"If it is your decision, Princess Hanako, to refuse entry to bodyguards then we will of course respect you. Perhaps those who are already here should be encouraged that they will further the cause of peace more by being on the other side of the conference rooms doors." The Legate spoke in consolidating tones with a flare of the wings hen talking to Hanako to designate respect."

"Mishhuvurthyar interpreter Melisson, welcome to the conference - it would seem that we are the only power with which you have no had some form of relations, are we to make much of this fact?"

"I would not impose my thinking upon you and tell you how to view it," Melisson replied in good humor to the Legate. "Elysian patricians are known to having their only sovereign be reason. Instead of feeding you an answer, I would invite you to take a look at a starchart, as I am sure you will find the facts revealed far more compelling than any answer I could word."

The Sky Marshall took the gift from Ember with a nod.

"If you see Ami, please send her my thanks," he said as he clasped her hand by the fingertips and shook it gently. "Unfortunately, I will not be able to view it until after the meeting." His touch was reassuring, although his outward appearance hadn't changed by the time he let go of Ember's hand.

At the entrance of Melisson and her ongoing conversation, Davis gingerly stood up and spoke.

"My associates, I believe that it is in our best interests to dismiss our overt suspicions in an effort to break new ground. Whatever impedes our progress is best removed, as I can already sense a rather... tense atmosphere within this room."

He nodded over to Calero, one of his trusted associates, among the others in this room, and one of the gifted Nepleslians who helped craft their nation.

"Mr. Calero, we have our backups taken care of, do we not? I think we can afford the former princess her comfort and have our guards wait outside the room. Melisson has a point as well, does she not?"

He afforded a glance at the representative of the SMX, as well as the others in the room. It was certainly a diverse crowd.

"These negotiations will be difficult enough without distractions. I trust that we should attempt to be as... diplomatic as possible given the current circumstances."

His vision shifted to Hanako, where he locked eyes with the Nekovalkyrja before sitting down once more.

Calero nodded. "As you wish, Premier Davis." He nodded to the armored bodyguards. The men gave the room a sweep with their eyes before leaving slowly through the door.

"Thank you," Hanako nodded. "I think we should start by having each nation state their goals so we can see where each is headed. I suggest we start with Elysia."

Ember smiled softly at the Sky Marshall, nodding as she pulled away from him and turned, walking out the door.

Ayana finally entered the conference room, looking a little road wary but looked pleasantly surprised at seeing Melisson. She bowed politely as she entered the room, "Please excuse my tardiness." She looked up and realized that they were still missing their own Senators. "Crown Prince Motoyoshi should be along shortly."

Maysaki and Roxanne quickly entered the room as well, with Roxanne giving Hanako a curt bow before taking her seat. The presence of the Mishhuvurthyar woman was irrelevant now; work was to be done that could literally save Yamatai. She was determined to address only that which would accomplish that goal.

"Sorry we're running a little late... Roxxy went the wrong way." Well, a little more of both of them going the wrong way, but she wasn't about to say she messed up. She took a seat by Roxanne and looked to the various people, blinking a little to Mel before smiling.

Funny how popular image is different from reality...

Ayana watched Melisson cautiously as she took her seat, in a way, a little grateful she wasn't the only one running late. It was just frustrating that she and the Heion crew had to get shot at, thinking they were going to end up empty handed to only arrive to find the Mishhu interpreter sitting before them. It was like a magic trick that would eventually be explained but the question of "how" though obvious gnawed at her.

She decided to save her questions for later, it was irrelevant how Melisson got there since in the end, she did decide to come. They also arrived in mostly one piece, and they were still alive. The 'how's and
'why's could wait.

The lilac haired senator pressed her hands together on the table in front of her, finally looking away from Melisson to the other faces in front of her. This is going to continue to be a long day, I just hope something good does manage to come out of all of this, she thought with a soft sigh as she waited for Tio and Mr. Marks to join her.

Tio arrived, figuring Creighton would come when he was ready. He wore an all black suit, and held a datapad in his left hand. He said nothing, only made a slight bow forwards before seating himself next to Ayana. He laid the datapad on the table, and adjusted the small flag marking his place.

Once all had its place, he sat back in the high backed chair and observed.

Mere seconds after the Crown Prince had entered, Creighton Marks entered the room, dressed in well made, blue three piece suit. The Yamataian's gaze was cold and unchanging. For their short time on the station he had been dealing with security personnel. To his credit the security was in place and seeming to be competent. After the harrowing last events, Creighton was relieved to be on the station.

Like his counterpart, Creighton said nothing as he took his seat to the side and slightly behind Ayana and Tio. Out of his interior coat pocket he retrieved a black datapad and began tapping on it. Drawing up notes, he began to make sure that the information he could provide would aid those under his watch. Surveying the room, Creighton took note of all the parties involved and began to access what he could. But at this point he was there to aid Tio and Ayana.

The Legate thought for a moment, nodded subtly to herself, and stood up regally, "In this conference our goals are simple - we wish to secure peace and to ensure that the the freedom which we were until recently denied is never again placed in danger. However we also wish to remove forever the blight on our nations history - the massacre of billions to which Yamatai attributed us. In particular we wish to see if Yamatai's attack on our cities, when they slaughtered much of our population, was justified in the light of these revelations. Of course we also wish to defend Elysia's interests in any issue that comes up in the course of these deliberations."

Hanako nodded to the Elysians.

"Now, what are Nepleslia's goals?" she asked Davis and the senators.

Tio watched the Legate as she spoke; he could not help but be a little disturbed by what it was she had to say. He was there to bring a new direction to Yamatai’s relationships with these other nations; instead it appeared that this was to be some kind of tribunal for the former administration. The past was something that could not be changed; justified or not lives had been lost—only thing he could do is ensure that it not happen again. He awaited for the Nepleslians to declare their goals, at the same time he watched Hanako and the other Senators as he did, placing his hand settling on top of Ayana’s beside him.

Ayana blushed lightly as she felt Tio's hand on top of hers. She glanced at him for a moment and smiled softly before returning her attention to the people speaking. She felt the need to state the wants as a little redundant- it was a peace summit after all and they were the ones that had called it. She supposed it might be a good idea to find out what the others hoped to accomplish here.

She pursed her lips together and placed her other hand on top of Tio's gently squeezing it for a moment before placing it back on the table in front of her. She supposed that they would have to play the little game as well- they had much to admit and seek penance on for the actions of the past Emperor in order to even consider moving forward. We can't right the wrongs of the past but we can at least try to make amends so we can get on with life. But this is just... silly, the Yugumo Cluster senator thought with a soft frown. She wondered what she would say if anyone had asked her what she wanted to accomplish today... it was plain for her to see what she wanted to do.

After all, wasn't she the one that went out into SMX space twice and almost got killed twice for the sake of simply getting Melisson's attention? Wasn't that sort of gesture enough? She did regret that she almost cost the Crown Prince his life by taking him with her the second time but it had thankfully, turned out all right.

The Sky Marshall stood once more, delivering the list in a rather simple manner.

"Nepleslia seeks atonement from the Yamataian Empire for the actions of its previous administration, of which the details will be given at an appropriate time. Should they be met, we will be willing to pursue a more fruitful relationship with Yamatai. Nepleslia, having done no acts of aggression against her neighbors, also seeks acknowledgment of her position in the universe as well as respect for her borders and diplomatic actions. We find it particularly unjust to be repeatedly threatened for our non-aggressive actions, but acknowledge Yamatai's establishment of this summit to amend for errors in that regard. Simply put, we just want her to behave.

He motioned to Melisson.

"That being said, Nepleslia finds it very disappointing that the SMX chose to attack targets on Nepleslia prime, as well as capture one of our C1 class ships. If the SMX are truly interested in the pursuit of peace, I believe I speak for everyone when I say that the actions of her administration should match her words. We would appreciate a formal apology, as well as a return of stolen resources."

"Nepleslia, which, may I again remind everyone, has done no aggressive acts against her neighbors, also wishes for the SMX and Yamatai to end this war which is taxing the universe to the point of collapse. Nepleslia would be willing to assist in a means to accomplish that."

He motioned to the Elysian delegation.

"With the recent revelation of the truth, Patrician, I believe that there has been an unfair amount of spite held between our two nations, and I would like to use this meeting as a means of attempting to mend the tears in our relationships caused by false information. I believe that there is hope for a brighter future between us."

He turned his attention the the Kohanian group.

"As for the Kohanians, Nepleslia, as protector of her soil, is willing to listen to her desires, due to the fact they were important enough to warrant attendance at this Summit. I hope that all is going well with your nation."

With that, he sat.

Tio quietly awaited the remaining nations to speak their intentions for the summit, keeping silent even where he had the desire to interject. He would speak for Yamatai last, being a gracious host.

Nodding her head towards the Sky Marshall, Judgement stood up.

Before she spoke however, she smiled to all the others gathered before her, bowing to the newcomers. Then, she turned to the Hand of War, spoke three words in their native tongue, and watched the large male step towards the door.

When they Summit was once again safe from prying ears, the lioness took a deep breath and opened the file in front of her on the table. Flipping a page or two over, she began to read the prepared statement.

"The Kingdom of Kohana, or rather the gathered resources and people who make up their population would like to thank all who are gathered here for their willingness to allow us to be present. This is the first time that I, myself, have been off our world, and am finding the experience of sailing the stars quite fascinating."

She looked up and smiled softly to the Nepleslians, who's frieghter had been the first of her rides to get to the station. Looking back to her paperwork, She seemed lost, and finally just closed the file again, her claws ticking on the tabletop.

"Enough pre thought up words. I am here this evening...night?" She looked to Hanako, who she saw as the most space faring of all those gathered, her being a Star Destroyer and all.

"How does one keep time in the stars?" Shaking her head, the Mistress of Judgement continued on. "The Kohanian sovreignty has sent me here to make few requests, all of which we view as being very reasonable. I have been asked to submit our apology to all those affected by the war currently raging, as well as to offer an open invitation for all who wish to come visit our people, to please do so."

Licking her muzzle with a rough, sandpaper like tongue, Judgement looked around the room. "We have done our best to make our Holy Cities safe, so to come visit them would be, for the most part, safe. Another of our goals for this meeting is to ask that those who wish to visit our homeworld, remember that it is our home. We have very different traditions than what you may be accustomed to. We have differing lifestyles. We have many things to offer those who roam the stars, and would welcome trade to be established with our people. If you are to set foot upon our soil, I have been told to ask that you please leave your guns and large walking metal armors, on the space station that has been so graciously donated to us by our benefactors, the Neprrrrleslians."

The large feline blushed at her purring accent, looking down to the tabletop to regather herself. After clearing her throat, she looked back up, and scanned the room. What little confidence she had gained was visibly shaken, and she just nodded and sat down, pulling her hood back up to hide her features in it's shadow.

Melisson, though she was the only one save the Yamataian senators whom had not spoken out, refrained from speaking aloud and instead turned her wine-red eyes on Ayana.

Tio merely smiled and gave a gentle nod in the direction of Melisson, "I would be honored if you presented your goals first. As the host of this summit, I would like to save ours until last."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back