Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I case of doubt, it's probably a good idea to follow the lead of the ranking officer - Sune's right there, if I'm not mistaken.

Gravedigger isn't an ID-SOL, at least not more than 25%.

Problem with offering them money. We do not know if they accept KS, and move people do not carry large sums of cash. I seriously doubt that they have a KS Card reader handy.

Contemplating Sune's action.

Can I just shoot (stun) the bastard and get it over with?

Also, will be editing my previous post a little to get it more in line with the rest. That's what you get for rushing one out at midnight.

Going to Berlin, posting might be a bit difficult.

If anything:

Conrad has some cracked ribs to say the least, and if the AMES suit isn't built for durability, then it's torn in some places if the lizard's size is any indication. He will shut up and keep to his duty (angrily/tempered) but would very much like to get rid of Gravedigger. He doesn't trust the merc anymore after the 5000 KS offer.

Just in case!

So flipping Glad Misato isn't there now, She probably would have just shot the D-bags on the lizards, you know before they could out bid up with the merc. Then she probably would have tried to sell the Lizards for a profit.

I'd just like to note that there are enough odds and ends in that random cargo to start a band. Several guitars, bass guitars, drumsticks, sheet music, a band T-shirt, etc.

Also more people in boxes. Is that really so common?

Just to clarify here, question or two...

Nashoba, is Sune understanding why Conrad wasn't at all glad with those nobles? Or is he so mission focussed he wouldn't understand a cage rattling hit would aggrevate the Hei somewhat?

You didnt type up any notification of his situation (or I missed it, its hard to do this on my cellphone in a berlin motel), only telling him down on his actions. Unless all that was to Bors, which'd be just as confusing. Just trying to find out the Chusa's motives. I really wanna understand as much characters as possible, it ain't personal :D

Do have to say I did like how you formed a new proper plan, using another daring gamble :P

So...we going deeper into this hell or what?

Sune was not at all glad with the nobles. But there is such a thing as not making it worse by shooting off ones mouth. Two different members made comments that did not help, so he just went for a generic comment.

Also for the record the NSP has more than just Stun capability. It has enough power in Heavy Mode to do light damage to power armor (5 PDR).

Yes, we are going deeper. Hanako wants us to explore this cesspool, so we are going to do it. We just aren't taking anymore crap from folks. ;)

Kyle, please try to post at least every other day, we're waiting on you in the HX-21 thread.

Wes,
I never got any comment one way or another about Sune's attempt earlier to radio up to the shuttle. I need that before I can post.

Yes, using subspace you can talk to the shuttle and the ship.

Back from my LOA. Either the mono is a minor strain or I have one resilient immune system because I don't feel as tired as most people said they have. Girlfriend has returned to the land of the White North, and my weekend excursions are over.

Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the multiple threads. Anybody want to long-story-short me in?

For some reason that was never explained, we abruptly ended winter vacation and sped away from Yamatai...to randomly pick a system to explore, just for kicks. The crew mostly split into two away teams to investigate two of the planets. One has some wreckage and salvage to reclaim. The other is a rather amusing flashback to those bad post-apocalyptic scifi films of the 80's, where everyone is trying to get into a protective area that's safe from whatever is outside. And the protective area (an underground city in this case) is run by a sleazy businessman (squid). The locals are very...colorful, and everything is going about as well as you'd expect.

I'd like to see more interaction between the characters. A prominent example of failure in that is how Conrad was injured (and posted multiple times about it) and nobody seemed to care in the RP. It bothers me when the only posts people are responding to is my GM posts. Can you guys try to have your characters pay more attention to the other characters?

Plus there's a lot of "clues" I've been dropping that people haven't picked up on. For example:

- What was the deal with the zombie near the landing pad?
- What's the story of the hierglyphs in the walls of the entrance tunnel?
- When gravedigger mentioned "even the dead work on Grully's project" what was the project he referred to?

A) The Zombie was in front of the shuttle, so it was overlooked. In fact you mentioned clearly after Sune had left the cockpit.

B) As for Conrad being injured, I have been busy with RL, so I have not had time to deal with it. And all the folks agreed that getting out of the immediate area was prudent.

C) A search of the HX-24 thread does not show any mention of 'hieroglyphs'

D) As for the projects, gee, before we could even get around to that, you had us nearly trampled, and then two of the crew members get a price on their heads, the end result of which we lost the person who mentioned the projects and they have not yet had a chance to make any inquiries. It did not go unnoticed as Sune commented in his message to Hanako about the fact that the dead and forced to work via Parasites.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back