Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I will probably be lynched for saying so, but I don't think the group in the wardroom has any way of knowing about the "sinking feeling" yet.

I vote "yes" for the nuking, though. Again. LOL

Wow I'm starting to think the medics staying on the ship was the best idea ever. Can you imagine if the medics had been high off of their asses (as well as everyone else) and the ship had started to sink? XD

"Oh! Bye bye Eucharis, have a nice swim! :D"

I recall there being two or three of those bots sitting outside the bridge, we'll need to react to them when we get there.

I don't know if these have to de-cloak to fire but we are making this somewhat too easy (relatively speaking). Those robots should be able to set up stealth ambushes using their cloaking technology.

Just something to think about.

They had volumetric stealth but Charisma is using the ship's volumetrics to highlight them and strip their disguises...

...damn, without the ship having power, they should probably be going invisible again now.

Also, the zero-G passage might just be a 6-story shaft of doom right now.

The zero G passage now looks like a rocket jump practice corridor or grappling hook practice. I have always wondered why they aren't used as emergency tools.

Wes said:
They had volumetric stealth but Charisma is using the ship's volumetrics to highlight them and strip their disguises...

...damn, without the ship having power, they should probably be going invisible again now.

Also, the zero-G passage might just be a 6-story shaft of doom right now.

I don't think we are completely lacking power. Kyle said he just locked down the main aether reactor. she has backup fusion reactors for secondary power and i would assume she has batteries as well that produce enough energy to power most systems save for the most power draining (ie: FTL and aether cannon). The volumetric system doesn't strike me as something a fusion reactor could not power indefinitely

Zero G vertical passage still 6 floor death trap for those not graced with gravity control...;P

actually that brings up a question...are there ladders running up the vertical passages for this situation?

I'm picturing one of those cartoons where the character is holding the machine gun and it's spinning them around and around until it finally runs out of bullets.

Wes, can I spawn a big drone in Engineering please? :3 (not just the ones I already spawned xD)

No you must first spawn more overlords!!!

edit: Anyway I thought that the drones De-cloaked themselves rather then Charisma forcing it. I was acting under the impression that you could see them on the volumetric map but not optically if they decided to cloak again.

Kyle said:
Wes, can I spawn a big drone in Engineering please? :3 (not just the ones I already spawned xD)
If you can give me a legit reason why one would be there. Remember the drones were after the crew, not the ship.

Right now with the reactor under lockdown, a drone might have been in the engineering to prevent said reactor from being brought 'out' of lockdown, maybe in an attempt to keep the ship on the planet for whatever reason.

Zain, if Kale is heading into engineering from the main entrance then he should've run into Takeyu who is currently fighting off a drone that is in the room.

Yosmet's player hasn't posed in 3 weeks or so. I talked ot him today and he said he'd probably join join another ship rather than post after missing so much. So I'll be writing his character out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back