Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Well, if you look at the initial post, the weather is "warm" for Ether, meaning it's near (but still below) freezing. So it's not that extreme. The survival kit includes a climate-controlled 4-person tent, 5 fire logs, 2 tarps, a space blanket, and two sleeping bags. There are also 48 random Type 30 rations in it (divided by 8 team members, that's enough for 6 meals). You may want to put the water bottles into the tent to keep them from freezing.

I went back to double check, and it looks like the above is what Mitsuko brought, but multiplied by 2 or 5 (depending on if you count the ones in the shuttle), so you should be all set.

The generic cold weather outfits are made of leathers and furs, very Viking looking.

@Reynolds Are you sure wearing an NMX uniform is a good idea?

There are five in the shuttle by default as part of their supplies. She dragged two out.

And she wound up with the NMX coat during the incident last time, so she's brought it along to remind her how things went bad. To keep her on her toes. She removed all of the patches and made sure it was 'safe' after originally bringing it on board.

Random comments from Floodwaters!

While at the playground with my kids last weekend, I met another little girl who was named Sienna. She was much, much sweeter than my version, however. :)

Also, I don't know if anyone else is as big a fan of Chris Daughtry as I am, but I heard one of his new songs yesterday for the first time, and it immediately made me think of Sienna for some reason: Chris Daughtry - "Waiting for Superman"

Reynolds the whole point is the minimums that I kept trying to go for. If the characters have everything they need how will they learn to make do if they don't have everything?

Reynolds the whole point is the minimums that I kept trying to go for. If the characters have everything they need how will they learn to make do if they don't have everything?
Discuss this in the RP!

I don't understand why or how there would be a tree on Ether. Years of Ether RP have always depicted it as a frozen wasteland where nothing grows. I did post a picture at the start of the thread to show what the surroundings looked like. Sorry to nitpick. If we keep the tree, it should be noted as extremely unusual and possibly of extraterrestrial origin.

Even in a frozen wasteland you'll often times find remnants of something that was once there, a tree trunk for example. I put the trunk there because I had read up an article several months back about a stand of dead trees that had actually been found in Antarctica, quite unusual according to the article. What this leads me to believe is that before Ether began a frozen dead world, there could've been flora on the planet perhaps in areas where the temperatures weren't as low as elsewhere on the planet but that had changed naturally when it began to fall. A trunk could be viewed as an example that the planet once had the means of sustaining flora but that it doesn't anymore, at least not on that scale anyway. Even in zero temps, you could find flora that has evolved to withstand the climate. :)

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in some sort of evening EtherPad/Titanpad JP to speed things up?

I'd definitely be interested but the exact time would be an issue for me. I work most nights for the next few days, but could potentially have some give.

Should we aim for a weekday or weekend?

if all possible I wouldn't want to see a jp done, "Just to rush the plot" speed over quality isn't the way to do here.

The big problem i have watched was the fact that 3 or 4 of us were posting quite regularly but everyone else was posting maybe once a week.

So either we go with a jp, which might get half the players to show up at one point in time, or we step up and demand of our fellow players the same commitment that the plot had always been expected of these plot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back