Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Just a quick note, but as the new GM of Fort Ready, couldn't you issue your own character orders? I was under the impression you were allowed to...

I believe the problem is Ramiro is not an officer, so he can not give himself orders. So he's waiting for orders from Yui (aka Wes) appointing him as an instructor at Fort Ready.

No, what I'm saying is couldn't he issue orders from the personnel department to Ramiro, as the GM? An OOC thing, not IC. I understand he doesn't have the rank, but if he's been made GM of Fort Ready, someone of a higher rank said to do it. Presumably.

Matter taken care of. I had Shinja Noriko, Chusa the director of Star Army Training cut him orders.

Nashoba said:
Matter taken care of. I had Shinja Noriko, Chusa the director of Star Army Training cut him orders.
Awesome! Thanks for taking care of things! :)

Glad to be of service, after all the orders would come from Noriko. ;)

Wow, didn't realize I was gone for a month >.> Trust Mikael been enjoying the vacuum of space since that time.

Sorry for the slow posting...Star Trek Online has me addicted, lol.

Anyway, I'm on Winter break now so I have extra time for both (yay!).

I hear you there, I closed and open beta test that game. Really rough start though, lol.

I feel I should mention that under today standards, Hanako could deny Ramiro's departure now. You waited until the end of a classified briefing to leave, which means you're a potential security risk. Doubt Wes will do that to you, but I feel it should be mentioned.

Technically she could deny it a needs of the mission come first. He's a senior pilot. ;)

Sometimes, need-of-the-plot considerations are more important.

I mean, take my Kotori for example.

Kotori got promoted to E3 just because her replacement-CO liked her face and thought she showed decent professionalism.

Kotori got a big promotion leap from E3 to O2 because her CO (Rufus) found her competent and wanted her to keep assisting him after her first mission on the Sakura.

Then, from O2 to O3, just because Yui agreed with Rufus that she showed promise.

And a bit later to O6, just because Kotori asked Yui permission to overrule the chain of command of another fleet and make sure she was calling the shots (the Battle of Tsuyosa). Yui decided it was easier to promote Kotori than give her a special command authorisation/battlefield promotion.

Promotions should never really go this way. I certainly don't do them like that in my plot. But at the time, Wes felt he needed 'good players' (I quote) to be in positions where they could make the most out of their potential. Heck, Wes still makes the occasional plea to have me allow him to make Kotori a Taisho. =P

I think it's a similar deal here. Here, a metagame need needs to be filled. If it's filled, SARP is enriched by a new plotline. Therefore why Hanako seemed to take it in stride - believe me... Hanako could've been a lot more annoyed.

So, I suggest you don't worry about it and just forge on. It's a little more inconsistent, yes, but then again SARP is a game and whatis the most fun is what usually works. :)

We knew that Fred, we were just saying, Wes could have pulled the rug out from under him is all. :)

Well, from Ramiro's standpoint, i figured his personality wouldn't want all the mushy-gushy goodbye stuff so he would wait til everyone was occupied to leave, especially since Hanako knew he was already transferred.

IRLly I could care less which way we go, i figured it would make more sense to pull him out since he had been officially transferred and is no longer a crew member on board. However Wes, if you want to tell him that he's needed for this final mission then I'm 100% okay with that, especially since Fort Ready is taking longer than I had hoped to get going.

Thank you PS3 for giving me hardware bug issue today. If not, I've almost forgotten to check here for any new posts... :oops:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back