• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Don't worry, there was no JP because only you gave me a response to my question.

*is now quite unsure what to do with Kim, as she's down in the chaos in a most definately Yamataian PA, and ignored in Wes' post*

Yamataian armors have optic camouflage. Hanako took off without seeing Kim. I suggest Kim get to the van so she can drive off once the others get in the back.

Well someone has to take the shuttle Pineapple brought! Everyone could pile in there if needed, no? It can get back to the Eucharis, whom could actually medically treat everyone in a proper way and return to Yamatai space quickly?

Excuse my poking in a bit early here ;) ;
but it makes sense that a Yamatai made shuttle(it is Yamatain right?) be picked up before a Nepleslian Frieghter(If both are still there). In the interest of military security, should a Yamatai shuttle fall in the wrong hands it is a greater a security threat than the frieghter(which could be retrieved with a Yamatai courier if need be).

The above statement is rather pointless. Nepleslia has/can make 80% of the tech in almost any KFY shuttle in mass production numbers. If you're worried about the tech falling into our hands, well, it's not like we really want to copy Yamatai anyway.

If it's about an investigation being launched after the discovery of such a vehicle, both governments will likely be involved in a lot of posturing, but it can't/won't really change much on the political front.

Exhack said:
The above statement is rather pointless. Nepleslia has/can make 80% of the tech in almost any KFY shuttle in mass production numbers. If you're worried about the tech falling into our hands, well, it's not like we really want to copy Yamatai anyway.

If it's about an investigation being launched after the discovery of such a vehicle, both governments will likely be involved in a lot of posturing, but it can't/won't really change much on the political front.

Without being to annoyed about my words being called pointless... I must point out that Nepleslia isn't one big homogeneous group.

Yes technologically the Greens of Nepleslia might have little technological use for the shuttle, but its going to be some interesting political football should someone find it.

For Yamatai who is trying to gain the trust of other nations in recent months, evidence of Yamatai forces conducting secret operations within another nations borders will make them loose face at the very least, and there is always the slim possibility of starting a war with the greens.

But even more worrisome, what if the Reds or Blacks(or some other criminal organization) found it? If they were successful in getting any of the technology it could be a major boost to them.
Even if they weren't able to reverse-engineer anything, if they could at a minimum get it running under their control they could attack a few strategic targets(even civilian maybe?) and leave Yamatai with the blame.
Or even if they just gained possession of it for a short time they could use it as a rallying cry against the...
Reds Impersonation said:
"Evil Yamataian Infiltrators set out to Destroy the Nepleslian way of life with the help of their puppets the Greens(Look we have the proof!!!). And its the Reds who are the true glorious patriots set against this menace. Be a True Patriot Sign up for the Red Army today!!!! Also be sure to support the red underground with food and weapons, and fight the good fight! Paid for by Patriotic Reds against Green traitors.
See where I'm going with this, maybe I spent too much time around Fred, but I'm certainly not being pointless when I point something like that out.

Fly out the Civy Vessel while remote controlling the Yamataian shuttle. The Yamataian Shuttle provides distraction to boot. Once it's clear, overload the generator if need be.

Or use stealth, I'm sure there's stealth on that shuttle someplace if it landed on Nepleslia in the first place.

Of course, the political message could be responded to with the information that Nepleslians later found to be tied to the Blacks kidnapped the Princess, and that we were bad enough dudes to save her.

Or say "How do you know the Yamataian shuttle and that Green Armor are even related? The Blacks have warrants out for them all the time." They can't admit that it's because they kidnapped Hanako nor do they have footage of the stealthed PAs, so the connection is pretty flimsy.

Well in any event there are always possibilities, like remote operation of the shuttle. (Good idea Toshiro ;) )

Chances of the shuttle falling into enemy hands are slim, but for political use the Reds don't seem like the type to worry about the details or annoying things like truth so much(can anyone think of modern irl parallels?).

They'd probably say Yamatai was there to kill their babies and rape their women (while likely pointing out the lack of age of consent laws in Yamatai). It doesn't have to make sense, how smart is the average Nep grunt anyway lol :p (No offense Nep players! :? )

Reds wouldn't do that. Yamatai harbors them and gives them cash and equipment to keep fighting the Greens. They're on very good footing politically, and in fact are better buddies with Yamatai than the ruling Green administration itself.

Also, the Reds are the traitors. :p

It's not the reds that were shooting at us, though.

Also, the greens were originally just a military. Calling the reds traitors makes no sense, because they never any loyalty to the greens to betray in the first place. They're actually patriots. The fact that the military (greens) now runs Nepleslia is a testament that in Nepleslia, rule is maintained by force, not by consent of the people.

Scribbles said:
while likely pointing out the lack of age of consent laws in Yamatai.

Hm... this may be due to the fact that Nekos are are relatively young when they become adults. So... basically, it wouldn't make sense to have age laws, since 1-2 year olds were (at one time, at least) getting rammed every time an enemy was not in sight.

It's not supposed to make sense; you don't have to make sense to bad mouth people, its all about twisting the facts you know. ;)

Exhack said:
Maybe you should just... not badmouth people. Their perceptions of you will be better.
The topic was in reference to crude Nepleslians you know.
Anyone here familiar with the term Propaganda?

If you're not in the Eucharis Usergroup, you need to join. I use the usergroup to send out important messages to all Eucharis players, such as player surveys, JP notifications, and plot updates.

If you need help please let me know.

The fact that the military (greens) now runs Nepleslia is a testament that in Nepleslia, rule is maintained by force, not by consent of the people.

I think this is wrong, but you're welcome to your opinion.

Edit: Tempering my words.

Scribbles said:
Exhack said:
Maybe you should just... not badmouth people. Their perceptions of you will be better.
The topic was in reference to crude Nepleslians you know.
Anyone here familiar with the term Propaganda?

ICly, it's Propaganda.

However...

OoCly, like this, it is called faction bashing.

Rule of Roleplaying 437: Keep IC out of OoC, and vice versa.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back