Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

Re: Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies [OOC]

Very interesting, not quite what I expected. Definitely gave her a story to go along with the items. How much should I mark off for them, anyways?

I read the orders thread.

@Cadet Newb:

Even though I wasn't involved, I enjoyed reading it!

Ah right. For reference I'm just waiting for you to post; it'd be rather rude for Aya to just "forget" about Zozo until he responds, no?

Brett M said:
Ah right. For reference I'm just waiting for you to post; it'd be rather rude for Aya to just "forget" about Zozo until he responds, no?

Yes yes, sorry for making you wait. "That'd be telling," Ha, she certainly is a tease, isn't she?

Well, That nap took longer than expected.

I WILL be posting today (Sunday) in both the prologue thread, and starting the plot thread proper. Expect prologue postings soon, and plot postings sometime in the evening (PST)

@Kai:

Aye aye, cap'n!

Yes yes, sorry for making you wait. "That'd be telling," Ha, she certainly is a tease, isn't she?

It's fine dude, seriously. I've had longer waits elsewhere. :P

And you can say that again!

Reynolds said:
Very interesting, not quite what I expected. Definitely gave her a story to go along with the items. How much should I mark off for them, anyways?

Go ahead and dock off anywhere from 500-1000 KS I think. That should be around the ballpark for custom made gear I hope. Sorry it took a while guys!

Sorry about being a day late, I got busier than expected yesterday, but, alas, Here is our shiny new plot thread: Chapter One, Reinforcements

You guys can still post in the prologue thread if you feel you need to, but let's get a move on and start going somewhere!

Right now, we're primarily getting into either the Daisy I or the Daisy II - the two are very similar in their performance, with the II being 'modernized'. I believe we're using the Daisy II at this point, but if I'm wrong, well, don't worry about it. XD

Kai or someone else can correct me, but I think the original "premise" thread mentioned we'd be using Daisy IIs.

Except for Zozo with his Anthedon Armor. Damn Elysian Hipsters.

Oh and Brett, Warrior, shall we have our little group finish up in the prologue or just leave it as is?

LoL, I am alright with leaving it how it is. I plan on making a mention about the time we spent in the barrack in my intro post.

I'm guessing they wouldn't bring any of the standard infantry supplies with them? Like the backpack, tent, the helmet and rest of their uniforms? Or Anzu's sniper rifle and knives?

For now, we're doing power armor combat, so the loadout should be fairly simple and robust - its not until the plot thickens that we'll be fighting as oldschool infantry. For now, we're going along with the General Issue stuff I believe, but go ahead and try and ask for/grab a few other things such as 50mm shoulder guns. Finding out if you'll get to use them is half the fun. :3

On a side note, I'm not so sure it'd look like a Zaku, but I know the Zaku would likely be interested in the Daisy, Zentradi style size difference aside. XD

Delving into a bit of history here, the Daisy, as was the Mindy, were both based off of the "Hardsuits" used in Bubblegum Crisis if you don't know already. It comes in the original version, and a "Tokyo 2040" revamp version which looks nicer but went in a different story and character direction.

Yeah, the Daisy II is our ride (except Zozo, of course, crazy Elysian).

For the standard armaments most of you will be carrying; pretty much just a LASR, and up to 11 Magazines That's four magazines in each thigh holster, two on the shield, and one in the rifle itself.

As for Anzu, since she's the sniper she has for now the LASR, plus ther shoulder-mounted Gauss bazooka, and yes, she can carry her sniper rifle stowed on the armor somewhere.

If you guys want to, you can mount the SLAG under the LASR, but you can only carry up to three magazines per thigh holster for it.

Standard loadout for the Daisy is: LASR with SLAG, 7 LASR mags, 3 SLAG mags, and two countermeasure pods (one on each leg)

Hopefully that helps, but it might not because it's 4:40 AM and I was just doing maths, so my brain is probably fried. I'm going to go pass out now. Ta-Ta!

Oh and Brett, Warrior, shall we have our little group finish up in the prologue or just leave it as is?

I dislike leaving threads finished, personally. But if the majority want to leave it alone, then I'm cool with that.

@Kai:

Okay, I understand. I think I'll go with a LASR + SLAG for lack of (presumably) any need to make things really go boom for now. :P

RPG-D RPGfix
Back