Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

I'm not very familiar on how joint posting works. Is it like super fast where you have to answer on the fly or can you take a little time to think of your responses? I'll admit that Fort Ready is feeling a little slow for my tastes and maybe joint posting is the way to go but often times I have take 5 to 20 minutes to think up a good response for a single post and I always have to edit them for spelling and/or punctuation errors. Would that work with joint posting?

From my experience with JP's, you have anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes at most (for a slow JP) to write something up. but spelling and grammar mistakes shouldn't matter as much, as someone goes and edits the whole thing before posting it. The reason Fort ready seems to be moving so slow is the fact that there are so few players, which we are trying to remedy with a few NPC's pretty soon...

Also, we've never told you how far away the fort was, Master. Depending on what we're doing, it could still be several miles away... I'm not saying it's a bad idea for your character to run that way, just that you seem to have information that wasn't given to you, in hopes of moving the plot on.

Don't worry , it will move, and we're working on speeding it up, these just take time with so few players.

kai said:
Also, we've never told you how far away the fort was, Master. Depending on what we're doing, it could still be several miles away... I'm not saying it's a bad idea for your character to run that way, just that you seem to have information that wasn't given to you, in hopes of moving the plot on.

Ehh? :?: Are you sure you read the whole thread? Yagen made it pretty clear when he posted.

Yagen said:
Kazuma slowed his pace temporarily to let Yumiko catch up, who had just started running. Before he could tell what happened, Yumiko was down on the ground, landing face first. It appeared that one of the tentacles had reached out and tripped her. The enemy began to reach for the downed neko, but Kazuma managed to react in time and stomped on the unsuspecting tentacle. While the enemy reeled back in surprise, Kazuma helped her up and started to run.

It looked like they were okay for now, but an unsuspecting Kazuma was suddenly jerked up into the trees and after a second of screaming was silenced. The two survivors could see the base about half a mile away. They had little choice but to either run or fight.

... Okay. I would say I need my glasses, but i'm wearing them... I guess i just overlooked that 'cuz I was trying to be all sneaky at class today when I read that. Never mind, ignore that part....

kai said:
... Okay. I would say I need my glasses, but i'm wearing them... I guess i just overlooked that 'cuz I was trying to be all sneaky at class today when I read that. Never mind, ignore that part....

:lol: Sorry but I could not help but laugh at that!!! :D

someone goes and edits the whole thing before posting it.
This is why I am so picky with new players' grammar, lol...I ran all-JP plots for a few years and was almost always the editor.

master9147 said:
I hope I'll improve, I'd still like to have you as a GM someday. ;)
That means a lot to me. Thank you!

When Wes was my GM, Rufus yelled at my character and made him do pushups... from that point on, we've decided Fort Ready is 5 weeks of hell. Much fun.

kai said:
When Wes was my GM, Rufus yelled at my character and made him do pushups... from that point on, we've decided Fort Ready is 5 weeks of hell. Much fun.

I read that!!! Poor you :P Wes looked like a pretty good GM thats why tried for the YSS Eucharis. Dammit this is getting me in the mood, I wish Mya would post something by now.

ah yes, this is that crucial point before a Neko has had any ST's done.. their first one's often at whatever academy/fort they attend, At least i'd assume so.

Yagen said:
"not to mention the indecency of being fondled"

lol, I'm lost, when did this happen?

master9147 said:
"Uhhh you know, on second thought thats a good idea!" Maya then began running towards the direction of the road, following Kazumas lead, screaming the entire time. For a second she almost felt the Mishhu have a quick grope at her behind before getting away

If that's not good enough I can just always delete it.

mizunoyoroko said:
Kuriko stood off to the side, not wanting to interrupt what could have been an intimate situation between Kazuma and Maya. The neko focused all of her attention on the pair trying to determine how well they knew each other.

When it looked like it wasn't going to go much further Kuriko walked up to Yumiko, who seemed to be in a state of disbelief, "Anou, are you okay?" Kuriko asked.

Intimate situation? LOL!!! :lol:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back