• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission FSC Scalable Pulse Laser Technology

Rizzo

Submission Type: Weapon Technology
Submission URL:Link

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes, by me
Faction requires art? Yes, Pending

@Ametheliana, this one could really use your attention to detail, it's going to be a little crazy. This is technically 12 weapons.

@CadetNewb, I want to make sure that this cannot be abused, would you mind looking it over as well?

@Fred please let me know if you see any issues with the DR. Your da boss!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm aware you're currently on vacation right now, but this is for when you get back.

Since this page is a hub article, the current information in the weapon mechanisms doesn't need to be any of the current stuff since that's all focused on how it 'handles' in-character. Instead, what you'll need to do here is define the core components of the weapon instead, so that you won't have to define them a little bit less in future articles. You can go into detail mentioning the pump, laser medium and optical resonators, but that isn't the most necessary thing to do. Considering what you're trying to build, the most important bit is to mention that it is modular, and can be scaled up or down as you need it to be. The method for scaling the weapon up or down is up to you though.

Until you're back or a friend wants to continue your work, I'll mark this as 'On Hold'

Ok, I can approve just the main page and leave the sub-articles to their own devices so you got something on the table faster. Alternatively, I can continue on to review the sub-articles, but that might hold you up even longer, since they'll need some work. Which do you prefer?

EDIT: I'll go ahead and set up the separate submissions for the emitter and power assembly

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back