• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Hi Daddy!

Nyx noted the second that her hand was refused to be shaken, and she was given a hug instead. She was pleased with this and so in response to the hug, her hands came up to give her grandmother a proper hug. Gently her face went to her Grandmother’s shoulders as she hugged her close. “Indeed, there will be a lot more cards to send,” she said to her before her grandmother gently pulled away from her.

After the hug, and there was no need for her to have her hands up, she allowed them to lower to her sides again. She soon copied her grandmother, when she noticed she was looking at her, she looked back, which allowed her to see the smile, that she had seen before, and knew it was a warm smile of love. “Girls night?”’ she asked of her, never having heard such words before, but she could understand the significances, especially with how she described it. Nyx smiled as she liked the sound of it, and what she planned on doing. “I haven’t actually met my sisters, yet,” she told her before Sarah called her father by a new name “Mr. Grumpy?’ she asked then noting how she stuck her tongue out, which told her it was a joke.

Sarah soon had an idea which she found she might enjoy. “I would like that very much,” she said to her then added “Dad and I were on our way to meet the other members of our family, and I wanted you to be the next person I meet,” she told her grandmother. “Mom was the first of course, then it was Chlorate, Dad, and Uncle Mark showed up, and now I have successfully met you. “ She said, feeling pleased with herself.

"Geez mom, why ya gotta bully me like that in front of the kids?", Jack said jokingly as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Bad enough Amit is still calling me jackass."

That got a giggle from Sarah, "See, he's a total stick in the mud. But yeah, after you've met all your sisters, we'll all get together and plan out a day of fun." The woman grinned at the girl, leaning forward to give her synthetic skinned forehead a loving peck of the lips before standing up again. "I hope to hear about how the meeting of your other family members go."

Nyx turned her head to look at her father as he spoke, she noted that while he was complaining about his mother bullying him in front of his kids. He might have been joking, and it took her a moment to understand the insult Jackass, she couldn’t help but giggle a little in response.

After this, she turned her attention to her grandmother who was speaking next asking if she saw that he was a total stick in the mud. Which she was admittedly unsure of yet, but compared to Sarah it was possible. Nyx nodded her head “indeed, I’d like that, “she told her Grandmother feeling happy with the idea. Her sensors picked up the kiss to her forehead, as her eyes saw it happening too. “Indeed, I will make sure to tell you all of the details.

"Well I guess that brings the question of who to see next. Know of anyone one around mom?", Jack said after rolling his eyes at the stick in the mud comment. He had heard worse, and he and his mother always teased each other constantly. He gave a shake of the head as he remembered the first time he had met her, and how they bickered, not knowing the truth at first back then.

"Well, Neera is at the school, Nora and...that man, are in the park. Talos is in the hangar and Armora is home. As for the others, you'll have to call them. Though, Rose is in the lab at the school, I know that much.", Sarah answered as rested the stock of the Black Rose on the ground, her armored hand holding it by the barrel as the other hand rested on her armor clad hip. It truly was a good day, but she was bored as hell, "I have a patrol soon, and I'd like to get some more drills done before then, we can talk more later kiddos."

"Come on Nyx, Talos sounds like the shortest trip. He's your uncle, and his skills are almost on par with me. He's been my right hand for a while now in terms of running the armed forces. When not deployed, he's the headmaster of the school where Neera and a couple of your other siblings attend. We should get going so mum can get ready for duty.", Jack said understanding she was needing to prepare.

Nyx noticed Jack rolling his eyes at the comment her grandmother made. She was familiar with this action, so she paid no attention to that because she soon found her attention to what he had said next. He asked Sarah if she knew if anyone was around.

Nyx listened as she mentioned a few names like her eldest sister Neera who was at a school and that Nora and someone she referred to as that man were in the park. She had a suspicion that the man she was referring to was the man she referred to as a Black sheep hybrid. She remembered what Jack had said about Sarah not forgiving him for his actions. She learned that also in school, specifically, the lab was Rose. Armora was home, she learned and Talos was in the Hangar.

She knew who would be next based on the fact that the next person was closest and thus the shorter trip was Talos. Sarah told them that she had to go on patrol soon, and she wanted to get more drills done before then. She nodded her head in understanding. “Alright, take care, Grandmother. I love you,” she told her grandmother before turning to her father.

Jack confirmed her thoughts, saying that Talos was closest and that he was her uncle. She continued to listen and learned from Jack saying that Talos was his right hand, in terms of running the armed forces Which she assumed was a saying like Black sheep had been. She also learned that he was the Headmaster of the school that some of her siblings went to.

She nodded to Jack’s words when he said that they should get ready. “Indeed, I’ll let you lead the way, Dad,” she told him.

A distant door quietly hissed open and shut as a figure with rather unassuming features walked through, unassuming as far as the locals went anyway, his dark hair along with the red eyes and a few familiar facial features on his porcelain face marking the young man as a possible relative to the Pine family in some way even with the hood up over half his head.

Hati's crimson eyes glanced about the war-room a bit until he saw the woman aiming in her sniper rifle, growing almost giddy at the sight he broke into a jog and approached her, giving an excited-sounding, "Hey Mum!" to warn her of the otherwise near-silent approach. The boy's nose twitched a few times as he caught an odd scent but the sensitive thing was scratched once to try and ignore it before Hati reached out to offer Sarah a hug, a large and almost goofy grin covering his face as he continued speaking, surprisingly enough a black tail that was lupine in design slipped out the back of his shorts to give some excited wags due to the prospect of seeing his favourite person in the whole galaxy as he continued speaking.

"Neera said you'd be here! I just wanted to catch you before your patrol and ask~" another sniff was given, and the mood only Sarah and Neera ever seemed to coax out of Hati dropped to a scowl, his eyes narrowing to a glare as they moved to Jack's distant figure. "Great, who the hell has that prick managed to adopt this time~" his insult came out as a sort of growl, the tail defensively curling away from both Nyx and Jack, there was no real reason Hati had to hate the man but regardless the black haired wolf with red eyes despised him on an instinctual level.

He hadn't decided on her though, the fluffy ears confused him when put alongside Nyx's other features but she just smelled... wrong.

Last edited:
"Hati, be nice to your brother and new niece. Isabelle is responsible for this one, and I for one welcome Nyx into our family. She's a very sweet and kind girl, and she's family now.", Sarah said accepting the hug to distract him, starting to give head pats as she held him.

"Why are you so damn hostile every time you see me? I've done nothing to you to warrant such as far as I'm aware of. And yeah I have Izzy to thank for my new daughter.", Jack commented, crossing his arms as he gave a stern look.

"I swear, what am I going to do with you two? Can't you two get along, I hate watching family bicker.", Sarah said with a sigh as she still patted the clone's head lovingly.

As Nyx was following Jack, she heard the door opening and then heard a man who she hadn’t met yet speaking, calling Sarah mum which mean that this was one of her uncles. She turned herself to look at the newcomer, noting his unique appearance without comment as concern flooded her being when he called Jack a prick. That confused her a great deal and wondered if this was what Sarah had said about him being a stick in the mud.

Sarah and Jack both explained who exactly had adopted her into the family, but she was happy that Sarah had welcomed her and what she had said about her too. She didn’t know if he was allergic to the metal that composed her body, but as she spoke next she lifted her hand to shake his if he accepted. “I don’t understand the situation, but even so I am honored to meet another member of my family. I hope that we could be friends, but I am willing to be polite and friendly towards you if you don’t have issues with Me,” she told him, hoping it helped.

The foulness in Hati's mood faded considerably when Sarah's hand began playing with his head, causing those blood-red eyes to close happily and him to lean into her chest as two fuzzy tips poked out the edge of the hood, likewise his grip on her tightened lovingly with a few small sounds of contentment.

"Whatever, okay fine, I'll try to play nice," the young wolf huffed, reaching one hand away from Sarah's embrace to greet Nyx with a firm handshake, "But you don't need all that formality, I'm Hati," he continued, face still squished up against Sarah's matronly chest. There was still a slight glare when Hati's gaze drifted over to his brother, but less so, Sarah clearly had Hati wrapped around her little finger and he seemed perfectly fine with that.

Sarah gave a giggle, "I have to go soon, maybe you can get acquainted with Nyx here while they visit the others. Neera is on their list still too, and I'd rather have one more person go along when they see Lazarus. Can you do that for me sweetly?" Her hand never left his head, enjoying the child like affection, something she hadn't gotten with the others then her toddler's. It was nice and made her feel more motherly, something she sometimes felt she didn't act like enough as she should.

"Right, more the merrier, and I was apprehensive about seeing him, but grudgingly he is family. I doubt he'd do anything, but one more can't hurt.", Jack said finding the glares from Hati a conundrum.

Nyx noted, his response, but the fact he was willing to play nice seemed to be good as far as she knew, though she still didn’t understand the situation that Jack found himself in. She was certain he was a good guy, maybe something happened in their past that one of them forgot about? She wasn’t sure, but she chose to say nothing since she wasn’t sure if it was right or not.

She had observed Sarah’s response to the current situation and noted how she seemed able to have Hati around her finger. Sarah also mentioned that maybe Hati could come along since Neera is on the list and that she’d rather one more person in case they see Lazarus which told her something bad would happen if they meet him. Jack agreed t add one more to their group of two. “I agree, I won’t mind if you join us, Hati,” she said feeling unconcerned about Lazarus, she was certain she can take that particular jerk.

Hati looked like he was going to say no for a second, but remained silent a moment longer and succumbed further to his Mother's petting, a few more content sounds as the boy tipped his head down slightly then looked to Sarah and spoke.

"I guess I can go with them for a bit, but can you ping me when you get off patrol, Mum? I've got something I want to talk about~ in private," he asked, clarifying it wasn't really something the wolf wanted to discuss here for whatever reason, giving the similarly raven-haired woman one final squeeze before releasing his embrace.

Nyx seemed nice enough though her appearance and aura continued to throw him off a bit, it was just something about her that didn't sit quite right with his more animalistic tendencies, though not necessarily in a bad way - just confusing him for the moment.

Sarah gave Hati a quick kiss on the forehead, "Definitely, and thank you Hati, it means a lot. Now remember, no fighting you two." she said just before walking away. She only had so much time to get those drills in, and she loved her family very much, but she had a duty to do so they and everyone else remained safe on their little world. There would be plenty of time later for quality time, and for what ever it was Hati wanted to talk about.

"Stay safe mom, we'll get along while you're gone.", Jack said as she began to leave before turning to the others, "So right, Talos, he should be in the hangar. We should probably clear the field, we can talk as we walk there."

He waved them to follow as he began to head back towards the door, "So Nyx, what did you think? Great woman right? Best sniper we have, and she's been with us since we were only a five man team running everything out of a repurposed warehouse on Osman. Originally it was just me, mom, Rorik, Shasha, Casdan, and the 20 something scientist that made the R&D half of things."

Nyx heard Hati agree to join them, and she felt pleased. Though she did hear him say that he wished to talk to Sarah in private, she didn’t feel curious about it since it wasn’t her business. In fact, she erased that bit from her memory that she even said to Sarah that he wanted to talk to her, or Sarah’s response to his request.

Jack asked her to stay safe, and that he promised they will get along while she was gone. According to her programming, her instinct told her to respond to the first bit of Jack’s words “Stay safe!” was spoken from her mouth.

She soon followed Jack, after noticing the indication to do so. When he began to speak directly to her, she listened as she was asked questions about Sarah specifically. “Agreed, she is a good woman, I like her, and I think I will enjoy girls’ night she has invited me too,” she said before she learned a bit more about Sarah from Jack. “I see,” she said, remembering what he had told her of his life.

"She's better than just good," the young wolf spoke back, hands buried deep in his pockets as Hati found a loose shell casing to kick aside, a small sigh leaving his lips before continuing.

"She's the best, as you'll soon see, Jackoff here and I might not get on well but we can at least agree on that, right?" he admitted, casting one last smile back in the direction of their mother before returning his crimson gaze to Nyx, studying the woman closer before just giving in and asking.

"So what are you anyway, Nyx?"

"That we can agree on. We're lucky to be able to proudly be called her children. When it comes down to it, none of this would have been possible without her. We have more to thank her for then we could possibly ever repay. Not to mention the obvious fact that she is a excellent mother.", Jack indeed confirmed with Hati before expanding upon such an answer. He nodded as they walked, happy things were going so well so far. The young lord, only hoped that Nyx received the much deserved love from the rest of her family. As well as him wanting things between him and his brother to hopefully develop into less hostile turns.

Hearing the young wolfman speak, she turned her head to look over to him and listened to the words that he spoke to her. She was told that Sarah was better than just good. This confused her since she didn’t know what might be a better word than good. She soon learned the better word, was best. She supposed she could agree to that.

She walked with the two men listening to them talk, and surprisingly agree with each other when it came to Sarah. She felt pleased, perhaps if they agreed on this, there could be other topics they might agree with.

Hati lost to his curiosity and asked what she was exactly. “According to my mother, Isabelle Pine, I am a Gynoid, something that has the shape of an appearance, like an android, however, I was made to look like a woman, so Gynoid,” she told him.

"Huh so that explains the smell~" Hati mused, not seeing why some folks might be offended by the statement, it was just as simple as him figuring out why the scent this new family member carried was so familiar - surprisingly close to the scent of that fabricator that'd gone and blown out the extruder head on him, at one of the worst times of the month too~

The young wolf continued walking along mostly in silence, foot-falls eerily making no sound so the only real reminder the genetic freak was there at all was the creak of his undersuit against his anatomy, partially hidden away underneath some gym clothes that kept any bulges or indecent shapes away from the public eye and let him hide those lupine features when Hati didn't want to deal with people asking about them.

The trip to the hangar wasn't too terribly long, just being on the other side of the grounded carrier. Once they entered, it was clearly quite a hub of activity, as engineers and personnel rushed about to do various tasks. Fighters were being maintained, as well as jeeps, APCs, tanks, and mechs. The heavier power armors were kept here as well, and the cursing of a familiar bi-colored clone would make it easy to find the person they were looking for.

Talos stood with a wrench in his hand, his jeans and t-shirt with utility belt and strapping covered in all manner of mechanical grit. He ran a hand through his black and white colored hair, the black being the primary color with swathes of snow white among the raven black locks. He looked over the wreck of his old Zytone armor with a crimson and a deep blue eye, grimacing at the damage done. A messy situation he still needed to find a way to thank his beloved sister for pulling him out of. The poor heavy power armor had large blasted holes in it, scorch marks, and even a few stray wafts of smoke that came from somewhere inside. Bandage wraps that shown in spots where his clothes failed to covers such as just over the collar hem of the shirt and over the upper arms past where the short sleeves covered.

He was a stubborn one as usual, getting patched and going right back to work, a bad trait he picked up from his older brother. "Damnit, this shit is going to take weeks to put back together. Serves me right for not being aware I guess heh." he said to himself as he checked the list of needed parts, damage diagnostics, and manuals for maintenance in a group of AR pop up windows only those with a Geist could see.

"Maybe you should duck more often Major. Wouldn't have to nag at ya to dodge as often. But it's good you made it back at least.", Jack said as they approached, poking fun at the man. Talos was the spitting image of jack, other then the difference in hair and eye color, as well as a lack of facial hair compared to Jack's snow white goatee.

Talos turned to see the approaching party as they came over, "Oh hey boss, Hati, and...Don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet. Names Major Talos, officer with SSAF, greetings."

Nyx wasn’t the type to get offended by the statement, actually, it confused her for a moment. The fact that he did have some canine attributes clued her into what he was talking about. Because of the materials and possibly because of what was used to create her, there might be left over scent that could be picked up. She was intrigued to find this out, and she tried to think of other questions as well as how many others could find this out.

She remained as silent as Hati during the journey from their present location to the Hangar where she’ll meet Talos. She noted that the trip wasn’t too long since they were in the grounded carrier. Her ears picked up the noise in the area, her eyes took in the sight before her, fighters being maintained, the vehicles were also worked on, and the Power Armors. She took a closer look at the Power armor, taking note of the subtle things.

She followed her father towards a man, clearly having a bad day. She saw the bandages that were visible, which meant that she had been injured and yet he was back working. She thought that was foolish, but she chose to say nothing, as her eyes moved to the lists of what she could only believe was needed parts, damage diagnostics, and manuals for maintenance she assumed. The pop-ups visible to her visual sensors due to the Geist implant attached to her.

Her ears picked up Jack’s words and noted how he seemed to be poking fun at him. She soon got to see Talos, and immediately she noticed he was the splitting image of Jack, which meant that he was something similar to Jack she assumed.

“Greetings Major I am Nyx, Nyx Pine,” she said, feeling happy to be using that last name. “I’m a recent addition to the family via Isabelle Pine, my creator.” she told him before adding “It appears we will be working together, but I am a member of SABER,” she told him and smiled as she extended her hand to shake his hand.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back