• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Hi Daddy!

"Yeah, hey Tal~" Hati mused with his hands still buried deep in the pockets of that hoodie, offering the simultaneously polychromatic and monochromatic clone a nod of greetings before diverting his gaze to the ground with a little roll of his shoulders. It wasn't so much that he had anything against the guy, infact their differences meant that Talos and Hati got on rather well, it was just the wolf was trying to hold his tongue in the presence of Jack after their mother had told them to behave.

"Or you could get a smaller suit, less to hit and more to hide behind," Hati spoke with a faint smirk as his eyes drifted back up to the Zytone that looked ready for a scrap pile, though if it was deemed salvageable then the heart of the frame must at least be in a better shape than the outside, though the scent of burnt plastic and scorched metal did make the wolven man's nose upturn a little out of disgust.

"Again, a pleasure to meet you my wonderful niece. Heh, just met and you already outrank your old uncle. In any case, I know Hati will watch out for you, he's also SABER," Talos said shaking the offered hand with a warm smile, always up for meeting with family, "Also, if I downsized Hati, then I couldn't carry as large as a payload as I do now. You do the sneaky sneaky, which I do when needed, but I prefer absolute dominance in firepower......Why I hate it when coming across a heavy the enemy has been hiding, like those TKs from crimson jungle. SOBs was blowing through those Hydras, and we lost quite a few from it. Jacky really stepped up and stared down the devil on that one, saved my life too. Still owe her for that."

Jack chuckled, "Guess if we get something bigger, you'll be the one to go to for a testing pilot. Yeah, she earned that promotion. I see you're recovering well, or just as stubborn as I am as usual."

"Yeah, one of the few traits I can thank you for," Talos chuckled back before turning to Nyx once more, "So what brings you all to see little ole me?"

Nyx liked this man, he seemed nice. He called her a wonderful niece which she liked hearing honestly, but she was confused when he said that she outranked him. "hmm? oh is it because of I am special forces?' she asked him for clarification. She was thinking since he was a major he outranked her. Perhapes Special forces and armed forces were different in the ranking of things. Wasnt that something she'd learned in the simulation?

Nyx listened as he spoke of preference in battle and how he hated it coming across a heavy that the enemy has been hiding, and he had given an example. An enemy called TKs in an operation called crimson jungle. She learned that these guys were powerful, blowing through the Hydra tank. That would be a cautionary tale and a reason why she had thoughts of upgrading the power armor.

When he turned to her and asked why they had come to see him, she turned to look at him, having been looking at the armor he had been using. “Actually, that was the reason, you see you. See, you are my uncle, since you are dad’s brother, so I wanted to meet everyone in the family. We have already met Sarah, and of course Hati, you were next on my list, which dad was kind enough to update for me. “ She told him, neglecting to mention that since he was in the hangar he was closest. Though she did add “Major, sometime later, after I have met everyone, would it be alright if we meet again, and talk about power armor? “She asked then turned so that she can look at both “I admit I have some ideas for upgrading power armor, or at least a new one, I may need advice from the more experienced users, which would be of help as I try to come up with something,” she told them.

Last edited:
"pft, heavy payload~" Hati mumbled under his breath as the memory of his recent run-in with a similarly dark-coated Equine came to mind but he pushed it back for the moment out of fear of what the biological consequences might be and how bloody awkward it'd be with current company - but at least they had enough sense to not mention his hate for being called... something feline in nature, something he'd have to tell Nyx about at some point lest she get her head torn off and be confused as to why.

"Yeah I saw Jacky when I was getting some stitches taken out, Mum wouldn't let me take them out myself," he admitted, giving the back of his neck a bit of a scratch before speaking more, even passing that pale paw past the base of one ear a little, "...speaking of armour though I need to attach that trim for the neck and then bother Neera's boy toy about that bracer he was rigging up for me, otherwise the stealth is all fucky with that grappling hook I mounted to it... sorry, thinking aloud," the young wolf mused, they were talking about armour so it was relevant but he knew it was also a bit of a tangent.

"We're family, so you're free to come visit me anytime kiddo. Also, call me Talos while off duty, I only require people to refer to me by rank when active," Talos said with a light hearted chuckle and with a equally warm smile, "Well, I don't think I'm an expert, but I can definitely help you. I try to handle maintenance and care of all the suits I use. This Zytone from Galactic Horizon is a bit harder of a project though. It's not something we build, they're all ordered, so we have to get shipments of parts custom ordered in when needed. Usually we can just fabricate parts, but some are so non-standard that they have to be ordered. I also need some of those before I can use most of the fabricated stuff. But once that's done, I plan to upgrade the armor on this unit with Aegium plating and some improved servos and such. Will make it heavier, but handle punishment better."

"Sad the unit you purchased for your personal unit got trashed after purchase, but at least you can actually tune and upgrade it now as you want.....even if it needs some dents buffed out," Jack joked with a laugh.

Nyx’s ears picked up Hati’s mumble as she observed the interaction between all three. She saw that all three seemed to have a good relationship. She said nothing of Hati’s mumbling as she turned her attention to her Father and Uncle. She was brought back to Hati when she heard him speaking this time a little louder than before. He was talking about a person named Jacky who she suspected was another of her Aunts.

She listened as Hati spoke of needing to attach a trim for the neck of the armor and then he said something that surprised and confused her. Neera had a boy toy, a boy who was a toy? that confused her, but it made her think maybe the boy in question was a robot that was turned sentient or something. “I’m not familiar with the term boy toy: she confessed before she turned her attention to Talos when he spoke to her.

Talos told her she was free to visit him any time since they were family and to call him Talos, while off duty. She nodded her head in understanding she could see that on the field would be an appropriate place to call him Major rather than Talos. He also mentioned that he wasn’t an expert, but he was able to help her since he did maintenance on the suits he used, and that this Zytone came from Galactic Horizon is a bit harder of a project since it wasn’t something they built but ordered. She understood and added that information to her memory, for later use in her projects she hoped to work on.

Jack spoke to her uncle, but she could tell her dad was joking as far as she could tell. “Aegium is a good alloy,” she said in response to Talos mentioning about upgrade plans. Her eyes moved to her hand, where she knew would be Aegium alloy in her form’s make up.

"A boy toy is~" Hati was about to explain before his eyes drifted between those currently present, causing him to sigh before continuing with a shrug, "~probably not something I should tell you about in greater detail unless I want to get yelled at, but they're a couple and yeah - ask Mum or someone I guess," the young wolf mused as he pulled his hood up over his head idly, red eyes appearing to glow faintly in the shadow it cast down his pale features - the odd oculars drifted off to the side as he watched someone fiddle with a maintenance panel, not really feeling like he was fitting in with this little crowd he was being dragged around with.

His tale drooped a little and the wolf's gaze eventually returned with an almost bored expression as he sighed.

"Yeah, maybe it might be better to leave that question for Neera to answer. Just...maybe wait til I'm not in the room, or have her pull you aside for that one." Jack said rubbing the back of his neck at the bit of an awkward topic. Damn, only 23, and they still found ways to make him feel old. He guessed it was just something that came with the territory of being a parent.

Talos gave an amused chuckle, "So uh, who's next on the list for meet and greet? I may want to buy tickets at this rate, sounds like this tour would be a hoot hehe."

It appeared to the young Gynoid that she has asked a question that she probably should have been careful about. But she couldn’t help her curiosity. Her head turned to look at Hati as he spoke. But it was clear from his words that he thought he would get yelled at but fortunately was able to say that they were a couple and that she probably should ask Neera.

Jack mentioned his preference that he not be in the room for that. She figured he was uncomfortable with that question so she decided to ask later. Talos chuckled and she turned her head to him as he spoke, “I think Neera might be next, or Nora one of those two, though I do recall, hearing that Neera was with Lazarus?’ she asked them though she didn’t need to ask since she could recall, maybe she could have misheard.

At the mention of the white wolf's name Hati's ears perked up a bit against his hood before he forced them back down for the sake of comfort, Neera was probably the only other person who came even close to being as highly thought of as his mother in the young wolf's red eyes - some kind of instinct maybe but regardless she was one of the few people Hati legitimately cared about so the faintest smile uplifted the corners of his mouth as the boy spoke, "I wouldn't mind going to see Neera now honestly," he mused before thinking about the other two, he had nothing against Nora really but the two just hadn't really done much together outside of missions to warrant further interest on his behalf - and then there was Lazarus, the young wolf had had next to no interaction with this mysterious figure yet people still occasionally told the boy he and the reaper would get on well and even that they looked alike in a few ways.

Today seemed like the day to find out then~

"Well damn, Nora is a sweetheart, but Lazarus......well he's one I feel my holster itch around to be honest. I still don't see why you're letting that murderer hang around boss. He's dangerous, insane, and the fu-....he killed her.", Talos questioned, bitterness creeping in as he stopped himself from opening cursing so extremely.

"Because my dear brother, you've already stated part of the answer. Nora.....I love my granddaughter, and yes I hate him as much as you do. But I'm not going to take the only father Nora has from her, the only parent at all she has. I also owe him for saving your life and avoiding a diplomatic incident. Now if there is nothing more Major, then we will be on our way." Jack answered with a rather dark expression. He had his reasons, granted he partially hated himself for them, but he had them and would stick with them. For better, or for worse, but hopefully the former. With a respectful nod, Jack turned and began to lead the way towards the exit.

Nyx turned her head to regard Hati with observation as she heard him say that he wouldn’t mind going to see Neera now. She remembered Neera was the daughter of Nora and thus her niece and honestly, she wouldn’t mind meeting her too based on what she had been hearing. Her uncle Talos said that Nora was a sweetheart, though she listened when he spoke of Lazarus, then finally she learns why Jack kept him around it was because of them.

She nodded her head in understanding Jack’s words told her that he’d likely listen to what his family had to say before he made his decision. Nyx shifted on her feet and began following Jack when he began moving out. She did remember to wave to her uncle Talos ”have a good day, Uncle” she would have told him if he hadn’t chosen to come with them before she turned her attention to the group. “So based on the words so far, Nora and Neera will be next?” he asked them for confirmation.

Hati offered Talos little more than a casual two-fingered salute before spinning on one heel to continue on with the Gynoid and Human, a little huff as the hint of a smile at the mere mention of Neera's name remained plastered across the wolven boy's pale maw, "Yeah it seems that way, you'll probably get on well with them," Hati shrugged after giving his prediction - Nyx seemed nice, somewhat like a stag caught in headlights but alright at least as far as he had seen thus far, oddly innocent for a fellow SABER operative but that wasn't his call to make.

"I wonder what they're up to~" he mused quietly, voicing inner thoughts as the trio skulked off.

It took a few minutes to get outside the base, then down to the city below. Once there, they could hop a jeep ride over to the park. There they would find Nora and Lazarus, if the two in question still were present there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PARK
The park was vibrant, with orange being a feint primary color. People walked about, enjoying the nice sunny day, going about their business. Amongst them all stood out the figures in black that sat on a bench in the shade. Lazarus and Nora, the infant Mia present in Nora's arms.

"Why did we come here again?"
"Because it's nice out dad, and it's quality time.", Nora chided back as Mia cooed at her mother.

"He doesn't know about nice Nora, any part that was, you got kiddo.", Jack commented as the trio approached.

Nyx listened when Hati responded to her question about Nora and Neera. She heard how once again, it was mentioned she would get on well with them, and honestly, she hoped this to be true. Though given the opinions about Synthetics like her, she was certain that things would be alright when she meets them. Her ears picked up his quiet musing, but she said no comment as they walked.

When she saw the park, she noted that it appeared different than how she usually saw it, but then she usually didn’t walk, but flew. as great as it appeared from the skies, it looked just as amazing down there on the ground. It was beautiful here, and she made a mental note to come here more often.

There ahead was Nora, Lazarus and an infant. She knew this to be true because Jack spoke to them. She chose to let Jack and Hati make introductions for her unless they would prefer she does so.

He'd been spending a bit too long in-doors lately so the sunlight stung Hati's sensitive eyes as they left the base and all its tall buildings behind, red oculars taking a little bit to stop watering before they finally arrived and his other senses were overwhelmed - sweet plants perforating his nose, the buzzing of insects it was all so loud but the wolf found it somewhat comforting, he was by no means a luddite but all the industrial sounds got annoying so it was nice for them to be muffled by the sounds of nature.

He offered a brief nod of greetings to Nora before turning to the big and scary boogeyman of Section Six and honestly...

Hati thought he'd be taller, or maybe bigger some other way? it wasn't clear what expectations this Lazarus fellow had failed to fulfill but he didn't seem so scary - just some guy with black hair and red eyes.

Hati's tail coiled a little tighter around his thigh, wolven features hidden under the slightly baggy clothes but the young wolf found himself unable to look away from the reaper, it wasn't fear or anything like that - something closer to a kind of curiosity, because Hati had never met the guy before but he seemed familiar for some unknown reason.

"What ya staring at kid?" Lazarus said with a tone of annoyance as he spoke to Hati without looking. "It's rather rude, and I am not a person to be rude with."

"Oh shove it Laz. You know you're being watched at all times, and you're lucky Sarah isn't on your watch patrol. Not after what you did to her. So, how's my granddaughter doing, old man giving you trouble?" Jack snipped back with a tone that said he was far from fond for the reaper.

"By the void, can you two like chill the fuck out for five minutes. I'm keeping him in line, and yes grandpa, I'm having a good day. I got Mia to say mum last night, she's making such good progress." Nora replied with an eye roll, "Also who is this? I know uncle Hati, but I haven't met her before. I'm Nora."

The ravenette offered Nyx a free hand as the baby giggled, cradled in the crook of Nora's other arm.

Yup, Jack definitely had issues with Lazarus from what she could hear of their interactions. She didn’t have enough information on interaction to get them to stop so she was grateful for Nora’s help in doing so. “She right,” she said, noting that perhaps it wouldn’t be right b=to be so negative in front of a baby. That little Mia might be affected by this. She didn’t know how she knew this, however, but she didn’t think much of it.

Soon her presence was acknowledged by Nora, who had raised her free hand for her to shake. Nyx grasped it gently not too hard. “I am Nyx, Nyx pine I am a more recent addition to the family, via my other, my creator Isabelle Pine,” she told her “Jack and Hati have been taking me along to meet the rest of my rather large family. “ She said looking at the giggling infant and smiled “your baby is adorable’ she told her after hearing about her progress.

"I'm not staring," the wolf returned, head cocking to the side a little as those crimson orbs remained trained on Lazarus for a few moments longer, "just... observing I guess, whatever..." he mused, frowning a little as Nora called him uncle, something that Hati hadn't quite learned to cope with yet but he'd just have to let it slide for now - ripping out throats and sending rounds through skulls didn't make the young wolf bat an eye but this somehow managed to make him feel uneasy.

Kids were another thing that were just... weird, they were just small people and maybe it was because the children of project Fenrir had been denied that part of their life cycle but... well they were just small people who didn't have access to higher functions yet.

"But yeah this is Nyx, she's nice enough and Jacko~" Hati paused, looking over to Mia and deciding to readjust his vocabulary before continuing. "...bozo here is dragging me along while she meets people, I don't quite know why but yeah," he admitted, one ear flicking slightly beneath that hood as Hati offered a shrug.

"Ah yeah, heard she was kicking again. Guess losing unborn twins by getting your head crushed like a ripe melon will definitely breed some hate into a person. You should say it's lucky for her, given things would just end the same in the end. So what do you say father, still itching to pull that pistol on your hip, the one your hand keeps twitching next to? I know you want nothing more then to put one in me. So what are you waiting for old man, for me to leave you in a bloody mess like last time?" Lazarus taunted with a chuckle, while narrowing a glare at the white haired man. "Where's the killer I know you are."

"You're nothing but a monster. A science fair horror film mistake. You're right I do, but I am not so cruel. May-.." Jack started before stopping as Nora whapped Lazarus off the back of the head and gave him some choice words, "You're an idiot. Sometimes I wonder what you and mom saw in each other, but god you need to chill the fuck out with that. Just because you have that fancy metal skeleton, doesn't mean I won't hand the little one off and kick your ass. Now, zip it for a while dad."

"Yeah whatever dear."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back