• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character Jaina Tenviner

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I do know that it was made for everyone. I am not selfish for protecting what I took time to make. But me not being a mean person will accept this anyway. Even if it is one of the lowest hits I've even been dealt.

I also am going to just assume that the term "Original" for characters doesn't really happen here due to all the timeline issues. This is all new to me. So my confusion may just sound like anger to some

I have made an amendment to my post, please read it. Also everyone puts time and effort into everything here. That's why we do not allow people to break the rules that everyone else has complied too. That suit I linked, I spent weeks thinking about a balanced design for it. Original happens. But originality does not equal the right to do what ever you feel like doing. You are still making a SARP character. Not a character for whatever RP you were from before. You can't just straight port her over, you have to make changes to comply with the setting and rules. For all you know Earth in this setting could've been destroyed in 2015. If that was the case, your character's history would be impossible.

You need to understand with new RPs come new rules. It's not whining or complaining, it's the rules we follow. Would you say a different country was whiny just because they had different laws? No, they have sovereignty so they can make their own laws that's their right. And SARP isn't a part of whatever circle you came from, we have the right to make our own rules with that independence, so that's what was done, plain and simple.

I do suppose that's True. I'll start fixing it then, just one of the gms should move my character bsck to pending while I work on it

Last edited:
I moved your thread back and put it under review since you are reworking it. I appreciate your exceptional patience with this and I apologize for the slow reply. I am out of town at a convention with the other admin, @Nashoba.

I guess we should go back to one of the earlier questions: what sort of plot/story is this character built to join and is she a fit for an existing RP here? Ideally we'd like to give her a way to easily and promptly slip into some story.

Well, at this point I think we should assign one person to guide Jaina to the finish line. Normally this would be the plot GM, but since she hasn't picked a plot, I can take this on as character moderator.

I think it would make the approval easier if she came with less "baggage." In the same way that having her be from Earth would force us to have to make Earth, the UNG begs the question of what the UNG is (was?) and such. We could skirt around this by making all the references deliberately vague like "She was in a space peacekeeping military from outside known space" or something to that nature.

Artwork: Unless it's your art and or art you have permission to use, I think we'll have to lose the images you uploaded for her and the echo armor. This is for both reasons of originality and keeping the site from getting into legal issues.

Just out of curiousity, how old do you think she is? Has she been in cryostasis for centuries? It's possible, right?

Agreed. I'll give feedback and suggestions as I can.

I suggest going with Wes' advice - it make the character more flexible and easy to use, without sacrificing any of the history that shaped her into who she is now. If needed, you could even say she has a little amnesia from the cryo-freeze, thereby explaining why she cannot remember the specifics, but only the important, general concept of her past.

The author for the scifi suit took forever to grt to me and all I got was "as long as my signature is there it's fine"

So I'm just putting photos in as is

I realize I am not approval staff, however I have stumbled across the Pixiv account of the artist who produced the character art (Very NSFW). I will not claim to be fluent or well versed in reading Japanese however of all of the text that I have managed to translate (mostly machine translation) none of it seems to give permission for the usage of their art. In the spirit of not wanting SARP to encounter issues with an artist that is upset over having their art used without permission I thought it would be relevant to mention.

Thanks for the heads up Eistheid.

Given the situation, we'll have to say no to both pieces of art unless we get verified, certain proof that the authors are ok with their usage. Again, the site uses original content only for the same reasons Aendri and others have pointed out. It's the same rules that everyone has to go by.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back