• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character Jaina Tenviner

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wow. That moved a lot faster than I expected. Jaina, have you considered what I said earlier?

He's correct about that. Think of it this way; would it be appropriate to bring the UNG into a Star Wars or Star Trek RP site? I ask that since it's a very similar situation here. Star Army is its own setting, much like Star Wars or Star Trek, and you have to work with and within the canon rather than creating new things on the fly like with sites that don't have a shared setting used across all plots.

Currently, what you're aiming for is just like that. That's why so many of us are trying to tell you that changes need to be made.

I see. One of the things that concern me is that your character is familiar with Earth personally - the reason why is that at this point in the setting, Earth is just a legend. By having a character that's directly from earth, it defines what Earth was without regard for anyone else who may wish to chase after it in the future, basically blocking off whatever they may have in mind. Even though the UNG is defunct, it still means others don't get to write the history themselves though RP.

Could you go with some sort of colonial offshoot not associated directly with Earth?

It may be interesting for you, but for others, it's likely unfair, considering you'll be the one defining Earth as it was. If this were part of a story arc where several players search for Earth, I could understand, but right now, I do not think anyone would approve the character at all.

If the didn't approve they would just be whining. History is history and like I said. The site clearly says that the characters define the world. Well again, my character is the first known from earth. Just something they gotta deal with

I'm going to ask anyone who isn't a character mod to please refrain from commenting further in the thread. The character is being worked on, it's received a review, what happens past here is between the mods and the submitter, and we'll deal with it as needed.

The issue here is very simple; we have to be fair to as many players as possible, which is why we do not think it's appropriate for you to use Earth in your character's history. Can you change it so that the spirit of the history and the effects it has on the character remain the same? We're willing to try and work this out, but if you're not and want to keep it exactly as is, then we're going to reject it.

This is, honestly, an ultimatum.

It's one portion of a planet. It's not like she traveled the world. she was in one spot for a few years and went right back to space. I think it's fair enough to keep that portion at least. Leaving the rest of earth to the others to have fun with

I know it was asked that none character approvers stay out of it. But technically speaking Earth is special territory and as stated here should be discovered without community consensus. That would include knowledge of earth as well I'm assuming. This would mean in order for Jaina to be from earth a community vote would have to take place.

Just wanted to clear that up.

That seems really stupid in many ways, the human race couldn't have expanded to what it is without earth. That was their starting point. It would have never been so easily forgotten. But like I said I'd need a new character altogether if I was to no choose Earth. But since I'm keeping it I will just put it to one part of the planet. To be as fair as I can be

Then this character is rejected. If you're not willing to change that part of the character, then there is no way, as it stands, that this character can be approved. I'm sorry, but there are 5 pages of people trying to work with you on this character now, and you fighting back the entire way. If you want to be a part of this community, and work with us, we're happy to help, but we're not going to change everything that we've worked on for so long to accommodate one character.

I just find it unfair that for how long this site has been around no one has even mentioned the human home planet. I shouldn't have to change the lore of my character just to make people that are whining hapPy. That's just not right. But since this silly system is so strict I'll frigging fix it then. Let the kids be happy.

I mean I thought we were able to have our own characters Here. But the way it's going it sounds like the site has full control of what our characters are like. Why should I change the history on my own character just because people didn't do this before? So I'm the first to do it. Who cares, life moves on

Humans are not the dominant race in this RP for one. And that was intentional by the creator. What's not fair would be if you didn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else. The RP is not your's and it is not made for you. It is made for the community as a whole. There are rules and guidelines to follow. And if your character does not conform to the you have to change it, period. We've tried to be very polite Jaina, but your insistence that you're some how entitled to have your way rather than following the rules is wearing on a very thin nerve. You are new here, not some kind of special one of a kind supreme RPer. We would be happy to have you here, but not if you are going to disturb the setting with selfishness. The things @Aendri told you and @CadetNewb told you, these are not optional if you wish to play here.

There are plenty of ways to have a unique and custom character while following the rules. Even your character now can be unique, she just can't be from Earth. Make her from some colony that Earth started outside the milky way galaxy or something I don't know, and I really don't care at this point. But this is probably the last bit of subtly you will receive. Soon it is going to become rather overt and most likely rude if you do not get your act together, both with your character and your behavior.

Edit: I would also suggest you go back and actually read the articles that have been posted to you in this thread. I might not be the fastest reader myself but there is no way you read and retained a suitable amount of information from the DIoN page the YSE page and the custom apparel guide in the three minutes it took you to reply.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back