• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Character Jaina Tenviner

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well I hope this will be less stick later on. I didn't think I'd have to bend my character over on her history just to make people happy. She fits into the current timeline and that's all that matters

No one is asking you to distort your history. If it fit's fine, that'll be great, but you haven't shown it to the approvers for them to see if it fits.

None of them have actually checked the forum to see this. It's been up for three days now. I just want them to say it's okay so I can finally get to roleplaying with you guys. That would take like 5 minuets tops

There are two sets of approvers Jaina. There are character approvers and setting approvers. Your tech and organization have to go through setting approvers @CadetNewb from earlier is one of them. But you have to post separate articles for these things so he can approve them. Your character goes through a character approver and/or GM. However until you pick somewhere to start out no one can approve you. And the first thing they're going to tell you is to expand your history, two sentences of history isn't enough.

While the actual tech does exist, it's a matter of specifications. The guns will probably just be given specifications similar to guns already in the setting(not sure no one has ever really done custom guns to my knowledge) The biggest thing in tech is the power suit. What are it's functions? Is it armored? Does it have weapons? Questions like that would be answered by it having an article. If you follow the custom apparel guide I posted earlier you can make a simple article just listing the components and describing it's appearance. If you want though you can go into more detail and make and article more elaborate like this one.

The articles in the wiki are not meant to be known, right off, as IC knowledge. They are, initially, OOC knowledge. But, in order to bring them into the IC area, it is helpful to have them as a reference. Think of it this way: your character sheet is basically a fact sheet about the character. The articles for weapons and ships are fact sheets about those. Could they be used by others throughout SARP? Probably not. Not because they wouldn't want to, but because at this moment the only one who has ANY working models is Jaina. It could, though, open it up for others to, if they manage to steal or acquire the items, copy them at a future time...but for all intents and purposes, Jaina owns the only ones in existence.

So, when you go to say "Jaina drew her XR24" (example...not meant to be real) You can put a link of the wiki page to the name of the weapon so that anyone reading it can see what it is without you having to go into too much detail every time.

Please understand, this isn't meant to take what you have created and it become what someone else here could use right away...not yet anyway. But it's meant to be more a matter of reference so that the whole 7 page document you have can be broken up to smaller chunks and people can read however much or little they want to.

The description you put on the forum is not enough Jaina. If you're going to every play with other people, other players will need to be able to see what the stuff does, so will GMs. However as Smokeempress said it is OOC knowledge. It wont effect in character play. But in order to insure consistency and fairness detailed descriptions of things capabilities are needed so that any moderators or GMs can be sure things are going right.

You wouldn't want to have a dog fight against a player that gets to use a fighter ship with "Unknown functions" especially if every time you shoot at him he has some sort to special function to protect himself. To avoid things like that SARP insist on clarity when detailing the functions of equipment.

Edit: You wont be able to do anything until you go into detail on things included in your character sheet.

So picky...fine but like I said I won'twant to put mroe time in just for the character not ti be approved. I get your point but I'm still gonna wait. Once I get the okay then I'll put the rest in.

Really in the end people are just over thinking this. As long as the character fits into the timeline nothing else should really matter. If they wanna know what it does then they can ask. All these pointless roadblocks are a little annoying

There are reasons for these 'roadblocks' as you call them. High quality RP takes preparation, it's how SARP became as big as it is,and survived 15 years. However if you don't want to put in a lot of detail for a character that might not be approved, then it's probably best you use a different character as your first character. That way you can have them use already approved things and the only thing that'll need approval is the character.

That way you can also get used to the setting and see how it is.

Either way, the only way this character has a chance at being approved is to be fully fleshed out. Since you are willing to wait for the approval, may as well take that time to put in all of those details. Once it is fully ready, then feel free to ping any of the GMs for character approval. Right now, as it stands, I can tell you that it will be rejected.

Figures it would be. But I guess I will have to dissect my character down to everything just to make them happy. heh, DnD isn't even this picky

There's plenty of detail in the chsracyer. Just a bunch of pointless stuff needs to be added that would really end up not being used at all. Unless the people you rp with are seriously just as picky as the character creation is

It's not as strict as you're making it out to be Jaina. SARp just requires some effort put in. It's just that since your'e not using an already made faction or already made items, you have to put effort into everything and just just character design. But either way, no matter how much you call the site or people picky it's not going to change the rules, all it does it make people less likely to look at yoru stuff seriously for approval.

No approval person has even taken a peek. Which is quite sad actually. And picky may be a rude term but it's accurate here. But you're right, the sacral ice for having a completely original character does come with effort. I really didn't want to put the whole thing in here but it looks like I can't avoid it. So I hope people love to read

You haven't chosen the plot or plots you want to try to join. Pick those and then ping the GM(s) so that they can do so.

But, for what it's worth, ONE of those who can approve your character has already looked at it and has given you LOTS of suggestions.

There are some pretty big character sheets already, I'm sure people will be able to handle it. And yes, again to even get an aprpover to look at it you need to either choose a plot, or choose to go solo and pick which faction you're going to start off in. (Not necessarily a citizen of)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back