• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Khasidel's Art Dump

I know I haven't been here for three months, thus I am supposed to be unable to contribute new races or stuff like that to the site yet. This first image is drawn in anticipation for the time when I will be allowed, further down the line (assuming I am still around :) ). Until then, I'm just going to continue drawing more images and fleshing out the civilizations background and other important details so that it might eventually be found acceptable when I present it for the approval / refusal process.

I've got to have something to do between posts ;) .

di-RZ3E.png

This ones an example of a Vasurah officer, tentatively named Aria.

Haven't decided entirely on the specifics of the races physiology yet; I'm mainly thinking along a mixture of reptilian-mammalian or amphibian-mammalian traits. The glowing spots are due to natural bio-luminescence (like firefly's); gotta love glowing in the dark. :D

This image is also an example of the standard ship-board uniform, with the base color indicating division (ie command, engineering, security etc), and the secondary color indicating rank. In this case, black = command and gold = captain equivalent rank. Though this is subject to change further down the line.

The panels also glow in the dark, and the forearm pieces are supposed to support holographic ship interfaces.

On a side note, this took about a whole day for me to draw because I suck at drawing by hand and I don't own the proper tools... drawing entirely by mouse in photoshop sucks great black hairy $(#*#.

I'll probably add more images to this thread intended for use in the races wiki articles once I get around to drawing them. I'm also refreshing my google sketch-up skills in order to make some good ship and vehicle models.

'nough said for now.

EDIT: Re-uploaded the image with the line-work at 60% opacity to make it easier on the eyes.

fetch.php

New player character i'm working on, Murasaki Kenshin. A pilot, hence the Aerospace Flight Suit...

Needs to sleep now... post later...

EDIT: Replaced the image to one without the strange green box that I forgot to erase and got rid of the absurd amount of glow.

Thanks for the complement.

I've never really done commissions before, though I have drawn gift art for one or two folks in the past. I don't mind drawing for others usually, but I don't know if I have the time for it at the moment. It usually takes me the better part of one of my day's off work just to complete a single human figure (linework and coloring)- i'm rather slow unfortunately, and I can't really draw backgrounds at all. :(

I've got a full time job that eats up most of my week, and I try to use most of my other time working on the alien race concept plus the Murasaki Clan and the related Murasaki Keiretsu article's that I'm working on. I've still got another 16 subsidiary corporate logo's to draw up and then I've got to start working on some initial products to go with the corporation, go through it all and fact check against canon info as well as spell-check, etc. I'm planning to commission a professional artist myself to help me by producing some quality 3D models.

If you tell me what you want me to do for you, I'll tell you if I think I can manage it or not. I'm really not that good an artist overall though - though I have my moments occasionally.

On an unrelated to SARP note, I now feel like posting an old gift-art piece I did for another roleplayer in a star wars forum RP I used to be in quite some time ago.

Lightsabers are sweet.

I apologize for doing it here, but before it goes any further: I'm pretty sure Murasaki Aoiko is in no way related to the Murasaki clan you're crafting. It's possible she has the same last name, though.

He's already got her in the family tree and it's a dead, abandoned character so it doesn't matter anyway.

fetch.php

Completely redrew the image for my first player character Tachihara Reika; this time she's wearing the proper working uniform rather than the non-canonical bodysuit design that I plucked out of nowhere.

I originally tried coloring this using a tutorial on deviantart by the artist Zairyu, whose done a lot of the character images on this site. After taking about 2 hours just to color in the torso, I went back and did it in a mixed version of my own way and Zairyu's so it wouldn't take so dang long. I also experimented in adding textures to the uniform like I did for the Murasaki Kenshin character to give the clothing a more realistic appearance.

I think it came out alright... somewhat scary... but alright. :shock:

This is definitely an improvement over the previous rendition in regards to proportions, although I think you may have gotten too caught up in the musculature, resulting in an ultra tight bodysuit that looks painted on (kind of like the older bodysuit uniforms) instead of the working uniform's cago pants.

You're probably right :lol:

I need to work on making clothes more baggy. Most of the clothing I draw for characters usually looks kind of painted on and I haven't had much experience properly drawing cloth folds. Ah well, something to practice more in the future.

Been messing about in illustrator, playing with idea's for starship interiors like this Star Army bridge idea.

Argh... so many layers... my computer was growling at me.

EDIT: To view properly, click the thumbnail once, then the magnifying glass that appears when you hold the cursor over the image, then right click and press 'View Image', then click on the image again to fully magnify...

Damn you Imageshack... DAMN YOU!!! 😢

Oh! This is based off the design sketches I put up in the Miharu-overhaul thread, right?

I'm glad to see another bridge design in the same vein. While the picture's resolution doesn't allow me to look at the writing at the bottom left, the bridge platform and the consoles atop it strike me as more numerous than my own design. Seeing my own design was meant to be one the bottom line of capital vessels, I could totally see this design of yours being a possible bridge refit for larger vessels such as the Sharie and the Yamato classes.

edit: nevermind, found a way to see the picture full-rez

Actually, I've never read the Miharu overhaul thread until you just now mentioned it. The concepts are kinda similar though, aren't they? Heh... The layout was actually inspired by the bridge designs for the Tempest from Jim Francis' Outsider comic, and the Renown from the Chronicles of Man sci-fi universe.

Decided to refresh my map drawing skills in preparation for some solar system work later on. So... I decided to redraw Wes' old map of Yamatai which seemed in serious need of updating... there goes about 10 hours of my life I'll never get back. :D

The land masses are oriented a little differently due to the map style I chose-- I couldn't quite judge the sizes and distances with 100% accuracy... though Wes' original map wasn't exactly drawn for precise detail in the first place so I figured it wouldn't really be noticeable. I also added a few details which were missing, like some of the cities and prefecture names, added a couple rivers to make it seem more realistic, yadda yadda.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=planet:yamatai_map_2011_revised3.jpg

The Direct-link is cause the forum doesn't allow for images with a width larger than 800 pixels.

I just realized I forgot to add the train lines and I haven't added the measurement for the hexes yet because I have no idea what Yamatai's diameter/radius is so I can't calculate it yet-- the physical information for the planet is rather scarce on the wiki... anyone know where I can find that info, or will I have to ask Wes?

EDIT: Revised map with clearer text uploaded. And again to get rid a bunch of tiny islands that were hiding under the grid where they shouldn't really exist

Whoa, awesome! I see you added two cities too. You have my OK to upload this onto the the planet page for Yamatai. It looks great! Thank you!

Cool, I'll do that. Also, If you have the diameter of the planet somewhere handy, tell me and I'll fix up the map so readers will be able to judge distances using the hexes as a measure of distance. When I do that, I'll probably play with the text coloring a little so its easier to read.

Um... is it possible for the map to not have those triangular cutouts? I know it's realted to map-style and all, but I personally found it irritating how they just cut out content.

😢 You really hate me don't you...

:D LOL, Seriously though... I don't know any way to do that short of completely drawing the map from scratch to get rid of them at this point.

Working on the details for the planet which the Murasaki Keiretsu headquarters White Harbor station is going to orbit -- a terraformed Mars-like planet. I should be getting the 3D sketch-up file I commissioned for the station tomorrow, so then I can start putting together the article for White Harbor, and I'll work on finishing off the main article for the Keiretsu itself.

Here are three different kinds of images for the planet I made myself. Right now I'm going with the name Akashi -- which I think is Japanese for "Red Stone". The third image -- the map -- is presently incomplete. I still need to draw in cities and area names etc.

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Click Here for Full View

From now on I'm not going to do those little triangle cut-outs -- mainly because I can't make the proper round planet images if those cut-outs are there.

The following images are just teasers for the station -- I only came up with the rough concept whilst the actual creation of the model was accomplished by Mark Roosien. The teasers are kinda low-res and I'll be able to get some much better, more high-quality views for White Harbor station article once I've got the sketch-up file. Once I've got the sketch-up file I'll be able to add in a starfield / purple nebula background -- I was planning on having the system within which White Harbor and Akashi exist be near the Ketsurui Nebula, so it will dominate the sky.

Any whosit... time to do some RP posts... :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back