• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Khasidel's Art Dump

I know I haven't been here for three months, thus I am supposed to be unable to contribute new races or stuff like that to the site yet. This first image is drawn in anticipation for the time when I will be allowed, further down the line (assuming I am still around :) ). Until then, I'm just going to continue drawing more images and fleshing out the civilizations background and other important details so that it might eventually be found acceptable when I present it for the approval / refusal process.

I've got to have something to do between posts ;) .

di-RZ3E.png

This ones an example of a Vasurah officer, tentatively named Aria.

Haven't decided entirely on the specifics of the races physiology yet; I'm mainly thinking along a mixture of reptilian-mammalian or amphibian-mammalian traits. The glowing spots are due to natural bio-luminescence (like firefly's); gotta love glowing in the dark. :D

This image is also an example of the standard ship-board uniform, with the base color indicating division (ie command, engineering, security etc), and the secondary color indicating rank. In this case, black = command and gold = captain equivalent rank. Though this is subject to change further down the line.

The panels also glow in the dark, and the forearm pieces are supposed to support holographic ship interfaces.

On a side note, this took about a whole day for me to draw because I suck at drawing by hand and I don't own the proper tools... drawing entirely by mouse in photoshop sucks great black hairy $(#*#.

I'll probably add more images to this thread intended for use in the races wiki articles once I get around to drawing them. I'm also refreshing my google sketch-up skills in order to make some good ship and vehicle models.

'nough said for now.

EDIT: Re-uploaded the image with the line-work at 60% opacity to make it easier on the eyes.

That's what I intended. The ship is supposed to be a design intended for easy upgrade or alteration. You can swap out systems like the CFS, reactor, drives, sensors, tractor beams and ventral cargo pod grapples and replace them with newer models or add additional CFS shielding, point defenses, missile launchers, countermeasures etc.

Depends if you're using the ship as a merchant freighter, smuggling ship, pirate ship, salvager or for something else entirely.

Some stuff thrown together for Akashi's WIP solar system article. It's been interesting learning how to draw various kinds of planets, stars and other space phenomenon in photoshop. The map was drawn in illustrator using the Star Army big ol' star map as a template -- unfortunately because the image file upload size is limited to 2 meg for the wiki, I had to use a low resolution version and that makes the text and color a little funky. Ah well. :(

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

That looks really good, Khasidel!

We're currently undergoing the Celestial Reorganization Project; The only thing stopping it from going up to the NTSE is the last few clusters. Maybe it's something you'd like to check out? URL is here and its wiki is here.

Thank-you.

I have seen the new map wiki article -- I would have used the Core Cluster map from there as the base instead but I couldn't find it due to the map for that region not being finished yet.

I've replaced the image on the wiki article with a more zoomed in version -- whilst it doesn't show as much of the surrounding space, at least its not all blurry.

fetch.php

the WIP article for the Kagami system can be found here:

Kagami Trinary System

and the article for the component star system and it planets I'm presently working on is here:

Kagami B

I'm using the GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying System) Space rulebook to help me design this solar system -- which means using math to calculate everything and dice for a certain randomness to the results. Right now I'm drowning in square roots, algebraic equations for determining gravity and orbit and whatnot -- but at least it helps flesh the place out a little more than the random system generator and I can make the results a little more realistic.

Oopsy :eek:

Ah well, it doesn't matter so much now because that system is no longer visible in the zoomed in view I'm using.

Went back and fiddled with the image a bit -- got rid of the superfluous 'system' text, changed the font to match the other maps more closely and played with the size and resolution in photoshop and illustrator so I could have the full map and not loose a load of detail.

Much better. :D

fetch.php
fetch.php

Booyah! It's done... :D . I think it came out pretty good. I got rid of the extra lines for the ab and legs muscles which makes her look a lot more normal rather than a muscle-headed athlete like most of my male and female drawings end up. It helped that I paid more attention to the clothing this time around so that it doesn't look completely like a bodysuit.

I really like how the hair ended up on this one.

Now I'm hungry...

I MUST GO EAT!

fetch.php

Work-In-Progress alien furry image :p

... this is something like only the second time I've ever tried my hand at drawing anthropomorphic characters... its bloody tricky to get their faces right.

The image is still incomplete because I haven't added any shadowing and highlights yet-- just colors, textures and some gradients. But I've spent the better part of the last 12 hours drawing this blasted thing, so I need to take a breather.

:D

My boredom has compelled me to try designing a new fighter-craft for the Star Army -- a heavy assault fighter which i'm calling the "Nodachi" class at the moment. Of course-- I don't actually have permission to create stuff for the Star Army at the moment and even if I did, I would still need to come up with a civie / NMX design to go along with this before I even attempt to get it approved -- I'll probably try my hand at making something NMX next.

Even if approval is denied when I submit the article for this ship -- I suppose I could always recolor the model and use it for the Murasaki Keiretsu later on. :cool:

It's measurements are 25.06 meters in length, 18.58 meters in width and 4.85 meters in height. I also added six aether torpedoes at true scale to the bottom. It has four primary guns and six quad-turrets in roughly the same configuration as the Hayabusa.

I believe I just fell in love!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back