• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Khasidel's Art Dump

I know I haven't been here for three months, thus I am supposed to be unable to contribute new races or stuff like that to the site yet. This first image is drawn in anticipation for the time when I will be allowed, further down the line (assuming I am still around :) ). Until then, I'm just going to continue drawing more images and fleshing out the civilizations background and other important details so that it might eventually be found acceptable when I present it for the approval / refusal process.

I've got to have something to do between posts ;) .

di-RZ3E.png

This ones an example of a Vasurah officer, tentatively named Aria.

Haven't decided entirely on the specifics of the races physiology yet; I'm mainly thinking along a mixture of reptilian-mammalian or amphibian-mammalian traits. The glowing spots are due to natural bio-luminescence (like firefly's); gotta love glowing in the dark. :D

This image is also an example of the standard ship-board uniform, with the base color indicating division (ie command, engineering, security etc), and the secondary color indicating rank. In this case, black = command and gold = captain equivalent rank. Though this is subject to change further down the line.

The panels also glow in the dark, and the forearm pieces are supposed to support holographic ship interfaces.

On a side note, this took about a whole day for me to draw because I suck at drawing by hand and I don't own the proper tools... drawing entirely by mouse in photoshop sucks great black hairy $(#*#.

I'll probably add more images to this thread intended for use in the races wiki articles once I get around to drawing them. I'm also refreshing my google sketch-up skills in order to make some good ship and vehicle models.

'nough said for now.

EDIT: Re-uploaded the image with the line-work at 60% opacity to make it easier on the eyes.

Impressive! The craters give the planet a lot of character.

The space station looks very good, too.

Thanks -- the craters do give it a lot more character-- though it took a lot of time to draw them all in. I was planning for the planet to be in a relatively 'dirty' system with an abundance of asteroid fields and small planetoids, so it has been subject to significant meteor bombardment throughout its lifespan.

fetch.php

Finished White Harbor station main article image -- added a few extra details such as window lights and engine contrails with photoshop.

Minato-Class station -- of which the Murasaki Keiretsu headquarters "White Harbor" station is a heavily modified variant.

I've been practicing my own 3D modeling in Google Sketch-Up by working on some starship interiors which I'll likely use for Murasaki Keiretsu ships... right now working on various doodads like consoles, chairs, holoprojectors etc for various sizes of ship bridges.

... Drawing curved surfaces in Sketch-up sure in annoying though. :roll:

I like the planetary art and the starship stations but I worry about that chair back lol.

I'm sorry Fiver, I think I just saw you post a one-liner that is simply ego-bruising harsh criticism. On a topic which on top of what I know you have not shown any qualifications to in the past. But, my vision must be failing me or something. Surely you did not just post the kind of comment you yourself so dislike receiving when you prefer benevolent-sounding constructive critique.

The edit button is at the upper right of your post. I mean, if you want to confirm that I really need glasses or something.

In this case, I would have to agree with Five that the pictured chair has bad ergonomics -- but that's because it's WIP in the image shown -- I still hadn't added the back and head-rest. With that shape the user would be unable to lean back without that metal bit stabbing them.

In the following image the chair is complete -- I've also set up some consoles roughly in their proper positions relative to each other. Next up will be the floors, walls and captain's position.

This is a work-in-progress image for a freighter for the Murasaki Keiretsu. Still need to add a butt-load of detail to the cargo holds and engines.

The consoles particularly are slick-looking; kind of how I imagined KZ's always would be, but blue instead of purple. Heh.

Thank-you.

Anywhosit, here's another WIP image. I'm in the process of adding a multitude of various doodads and thingamajigs to give the ship a more utilitarian look and some additional character.

You've spent a lot of time and polys on grebble when you may have been better off using a texture instead. You may save yourself a lot of headaches by simplifying the model and making it easy to modify.

If I was any good at making hull textures I might have done it that way-- but unfortunately my skill in that area is sorely lacking at present. I might try it in a later ship design, but I kinda like how this one is turning out, even if it takes a little longer to do by drawing the plating and other bits in manually. Besides, it doesn't really take all that long compared to when I draw people.

I'm getting a bit of a Homeworld feel with how you're attaching the modules.

Which is like, a billion kinds of awesome.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back