• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Lorath] Project Checkout

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Noticed on wikiw that now Gensou & Yuujou system have also been zesu-ified? I thought it was ruled Checkout would only affect the 3 Lor core worlds... was this expanded now? I personally think that it creates too wide a swath of disturbed space between Asteria proper and Jiyuu, and removes potential future RP locations I was considering developing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that was a holdover from where the overhaul started, they just hadn't been edited back yet.

I might have missed it in the conversation but I was wondering, why can't we just have a black hole here? Isn't that the most iconic form of spatial disruption and the result of dividing infinity by zero?

I might have missed it in the conversation but I was wondering, why can't we just have a black hole here? Isn't that the most iconic form of spatial disruption and the result of dividing infinity by zero?
I was certain that dividing infinity by zero was just a broken calculator. Can we just have a broken calculator?

Edit: I also feel it'd be dumb to just dump a blackhole there. That'd be entirely detrimental instead of offering unique experiences and junk like this horror zone provides.

I was certain that dividing infinity by zero was just a broken calculator. Can we just have a broken calculator?
This is the only thing I want out there now.

It's AvaNet's. It's parsecs long. They tried to divide infinity by zero and broke it so badly that all the operations buttons don't respond. They can only input numbers.

They abandon it after spelling "boobs".

I know I don't really have a say here on this as relatively new player, but it has been a stimulating read. This phenomenon in itself is very interesting. If I would be allowed to throw my two cents in, I would like to say that making it a black holes is a simplistic fix, but why not turn it into a high risk region of space. There could be some reason the zesu isn't mine-able, such as the large bodies they have formed into have developed their own cores, albeit unstable. So if mining was attempted, it would possibly cause a catastrophic event in which the core either detonates (maybe implode causing a micro singularity?). To which those mining would be lost, if they got past the afore mentioned obstacles mentioned.

That is just my opinion, so ignore me if you wish, I only wish to provide a short commentary of my views on the subject.

Oh man, Jack. That's a pretty neat addition and, actually, if you look in the GM/FM forum and see the Lorath thread, you will see more on that.

Looking for someone else to work on this with me as I think it looks pretty understandable and don't quite know what to trim.

Thanks dude, will you look it over and let me know what needs to go?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back