• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC [LSDF Akahar] OOC Thread

Just checking in to say that I'm still alive, just on a laptop sometimes.

I'll see if I can get a post up today or tomorrow for you.

Sorry for the long poof. Computer trouble, and waiting on a paycheck.

Paging @OsakanOne!

Based on stuff you drew, I'm having my own go at Lorath text since I'm making the Akahar's logo. We'll talk more about symbology and text too!

LSDFAkaharWIP.png

EDIT:

After some Feedback from Osaka, and boy was it extensive...

LSDFAkaharWIP2.png

LSDFAkaharWIP3.png

Fun fact, that symbol is derived from this symbol Osaka drew.
KD6u9li.png
According to her, it's a unique glyph in the Lorath language meaning shame. The way I've drawn it inverted, however, signifies redemption.

The symbol should be ready tomorrow, but I'm planning on cooking up a Phoenix post first tomorrow too!

Very interesting, I like the inversions you did with the symbol... lets hope the crew of the Akahar can find redemption, but first there is a whole lotta hellfire coming down the pipe...

Also omg, Glacier spoke. :eek:

[23:52] Luca: Now. Osaka. One more query
[23:52] Luca: What's the symbol for penal or 'you done fucked up' in Lorath?
[23:52] Luca: shame/etc
[23:52] Luca: IE: You've done something that's gotten you assigned to the Akahar.
[23:53] `Osaka: Shame? It has its own letter.
[23:53] `Osaka: Its one of the twelve letters that isn't utterly parallel.
[23:53] Redrick: >a language with its own letter for shame
[23:53] Redrick: every day I learn something about the lorath I like
[23:54] Luca: Describe the Symbol
[23:54] `Osaka: Its an inverted A, complete with angles with a line down the middle like a w.
[23:54] `Osaka: It has angles, weirdly. Like a /\
[23:54] `Osaka: And its contained in a box.
[23:54] `Osaka: So like
[23:54] `Osaka: |/|\|
[23:54] `Osaka: With a line like a capitol A has across the middle.
[23:54] Redrick: the box symbolizes the wall of social isolation that shame brings
[23:54] `Osaka: Its actually spoken as a glotteral sound.
[23:54] Tamamo: "What is shame?"
[23:54] `Osaka: Akin to "pfft" or "tsch"
[23:55] `Osaka: And it means pain, shame, pity and irritation.
[23:55] `Osaka: And is a common swearword.
[23:56] `Osaka: Exactly.
[23:56] `Osaka: Its also branded on the left shoulderblade of anyone who betrays Lor.
[23:56] `Osaka: As in, what's called a capitol betrayal.
[23:56] `Osaka: Which would be something like killing the Xiaah.
[23:57] `Osaka: Or shaming the nation a shame it can't recover from.
[23:57] `Osaka: See
[23:57] `Osaka: Lor has a weird attitude to shame.
[23:57] `Osaka: they view it as something nessesary, that you must learn to integrate as part of you and overcome.
[23:57] `Osaka: that you should face shame head on.
[23:57] `Osaka: And they view the Yamataian "save face"/shame avoidance/harikiri culture as child-like.
[23:57] `Osaka: However
[23:57] `Osaka: There are some shames that cannot be recovered from.
[23:58] `Osaka: Usually involving a death.
[23:58] `Osaka: So while bestiality, drug-use and incest are all rampant and very normal things on Lor
[23:58] `Osaka: Death is the one taboo left.
[23:58] `Osaka: You can joke about death.
[23:58] `Osaka: But if you take a life accidently and refuse to show apology, that's a big huge huge thing.
[23:58] `Osaka: Because Lor is obsessed with the value of life.
[23:58] `Osaka: Its why their units are so small
[23:58] `Osaka: And the crews on their warships are so small.
[23:59] `Osaka: And why their cost per unit is huge because they field far less of them.
[23:59] `Osaka: While a death might really bum out a human for a few months, a death can fuck up a Lorath for life if its the right person.
[23:59] `Osaka: Suicide oddly, is also very tolorated. You're allowed an exit, but only provide you deal with your affairs first.
[00:00] `Osaka: Your life is your own and it is your responsibility is a big attitude.
[00:00] `Osaka: Like what you put in your body or do to yourself is your choice.
[00:00] Luca: WIP 3 inbound
[00:00] Luca: I think I've screwed this one up
[00:00] `Osaka: Let's see it.
[00:02] Luca: Aha here we go
[00:04] `Osaka: Its a good stylized version of it.
[00:05] `Osaka: Coincidently, showing it upside down means to try and redeem yourself.
[00:05] `Osaka: As you have.
[00:05] Luca: …fuck, I did it upside down?
[00:05] `Osaka: Yeah but it works
[00:05] Luca: :O
[00:05] `Osaka: Its supposed to resemble two people holding a single sword. That one has used it on the other.
[00:06] `Osaka: And its one of the only characters in the entire Lorath alphabet with an angle like that.
[00:06] `Osaka: So its instantly recognisable.

Nifty Osaka. Listening to you lecture about shame in Lorath culture, I think when I did my character Widow's backstory I actually hit on all those very points... she did something considered shameful and deviant, faced death of her lover as result (an unrecoverable shame that screwed her up for life nearly), but was lectured about the value of life by her dad and became her current profession trying to preserve life as a path to redemption and keep living/confronting that shame over and over...

Hi All,

I'll be getting my Plot Audits on tomorrow, and I'm intending to get them done for both the Phoenix and the Akahar. You can help by updating your character biographies for your respective plots, and assisting the GM with the summarising history of the plots for our wiki pages.

Together, the ISC Phoenix and the LSDF Akahar can get good scores, and these plots can continue being awesome.

Tonight, though, I'm going to take some time off, and I'll post for Akahar on the Weekend.

I assume in that posting Vithr was talking to Aran'ya / Widow, rather than Ny'za, considering Mordi was in her care... Also lol at the motivational tool of deviant bridge bunnies.

Last edited:
It was a lovely Australia Day here today, but I feel absolutely knackered right now - the whole Australia Day long weekend's taken the steam out of me. Tomorrow evening, since I've all the time in the evening (or at least until Mum comes bursting in and smashes my study to pieces in a fit of perhaps misguided rage) to write a new Akahar post.

Yeah, the only things consistent in my life are my luck and how busy I am with life and dealing with it...
I can understand, I have many people depending on me. Just make sure to always make a little time for yourself amidst it all. :)

Last edited:
First in, best dressed (and with a sterile head)
Oh an Australian saying! :oops: I'll admit I had to urban dict that one for a sec...

I will make an addendum then, and assume we have some kind of a containment bag I can use for the biomass. I dunno if we can bring Mars back for real, but it would be cruel to just leave it there...

Even though a scan from the camera said that there was no sign of life at all. No life = No infection. Plus, provided it's properly contained, it's transportable.

Gee, we needed Gravity Guns 10 YEs ago. (Hint hint, Osaka!)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back