• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Mission 1] Blackened Wings

The following morning Gin woke early. She grabbed a quick shower and pulled on the uniform she had laid out. I hope that pilot I briefly spoke with is in the bay when I get there. I did not want to be rude, but I really had to get that glitch fixed, she thought. She packed up all her of her possessions into her bags. Grabbed them and headed for the power armor bay, after all from there it was to the ship. Once she arrived Gin checked the equipment that was dropped of by her Tenshi matched her requisition. Good its all here. May as well start fitting it into place. She started attaching the first of the weapon systems when she realized something. My goodness, I just realized, I never even got his name. I really was focused.

Zero smirked at Gin and went his own way to let her go do her thing as he moved his stuff aboard the Zenpyou. It wouldn't take too long as he didn't really have that much afterall and was oriented and settled in but it was too late to go do any loadout work on his Tenshi then. The next morning though, he'd get a shower and don his uniform and headed down to the same armor bay the woman he'd seen before was in.

He'd get his Tenshi and programmed in to add a Lorath Plasma Arc Disruptor array on the lower leg portion of the armor to give it some point defense ability. Changing it's color scheme to a fully black color with some golden trim on it with a red colored visor but made sure it was still functional to see through and was pleased. But he'd notice Gin from yesterday and gave her a nice wave as a greeting but was working on for a moment, going over the tenshi's functional systems on his PCC.

"I remember you from yesterday. Did you fix your problem with the Tenshi you're to be using?" He asked her in a level, calm tone telepathically.

The night of the briefing, Fleming had retreated in a sense, to the UCS Zenpyou ’s temporary home in hangar Bay 13 after he had put the chairs away after the briefing. He had decided to maintain some air of professionalism instead of mingling, flirting and socializing with his new crew as a whole…and that left him feeling empty from the missed potential of warmth, camaraderie and… something more in the company of his new crew.

He explored the crawl spaces and various hiding spaces on the Zenpyou first, determined to learn the ship’s secrets before they left. He liked the sleekness and newness of the ship around him. He felt like it could finally be home if he played his cards right. It took him several hours to finish his initial exploration before he settled into his quarters, unpacking his belongings and decorating the room.

His thoughts lingered heavily on the very limited information that Miss Blake had given him, he felt extremely troubled by the fact that they were going into Miyamae 3 cold with nothing but an accusation and a possible group of suspects. In his gut, he felt like there was something more to the situation than it seemed… the ship types didn’t fit the profile of aggressive attackers but if they truly did have Demon Power Armor it wouldn’t be too hard for a boarding to happen once they had effectively crippled the cargo ship somehow.

The uncertainty of it all nagged at him, Why had the colonists waited so long to report it? Were they being jammed? And if so, how did they get the report out finally? Why would the Barras family stick around long enough for them to run into us? Are they going to be lurking in the system?

Stacey frowned as he turned the thoughts over in his mind, there were truly too many possibilities but they were the responding police officers on this, it was their job to find those answers by any legal means they could. He thought of the days when someone else’s unit gave him this sort of information but those days were long gone. This was his baby now and he’d make Ember proud.

Ember is a wonderful woman, I really wish that she and Sky Marshall Davis would shack up but I think both are past the point of screwing around and are way too busy to casually date… I really wish the politicians would get their acts together and finish getting the treaties out there. I, personally, wouldn’t mind the chance to go back to Nepleslia at some point to see my dad… though… I don’t think he’s ever forgiven me for leaving the Nepleslian army... the Nepleslian’s thoughts drifted away as he lost himself in his memories.

His fingers sought out the cool, smooth, hardness of the white lacquered keys of his keyboard as he idly caressed the instrument, seeking something to keep his hands occupied as he lost himself in thought. The keys softly gave way to a disjointed composition of music that was more randomly touching keys than concentrated playing but he enjoyed the growing warmth of it as his body heat transferred into the keys...

The next morning began for Commander Stacey Fleming at the ripe time of 0430. He had slept fairly soundly in his new bed and he hurriedly pulled on his running shorts, sneakers and a tank top to cover his nakedness. He left his quarters and headed down to the Ship’s hangar bay and began his morning work out routine.

By the crew’s report in time, Fleming was showered, and fully dressed in his short sleeve variant of the Peacekeeper uniform. His rank pin shone brightly in the light as he settled into the captain’s chair on the bridge with a cup of coffee in one hand and looking over their course in the other.

There was no further information to give the crew before the Zenpyou departed but he announced clearly over the ship’s communication system, “Attention all hands, we are now departing Siren be prepared to suit up and enter battle stations as we enter Miyamae 3’s orbit in 3 hours.”

The flight itself to Miyamae 3 from Siren was uneventful, nothing screamed across the sensors nor the communications systems… in fact, when they entered the Miyamae System and got closer to Miyamae 3 itself, they were met with complete radio silence. There was nothing but static on all channels and the Zenpyou’s long range scanners didn’t seem to be working at all.

Commander Fleming frowned as he pulled up a visual of the space they were flying into and saw debris and chunks of asteroids everywhere. “Hey Karasu,” he called over the ship’s communication system to the engineer, “something’s up with our scanners, I need you to run a full scale diagnostic.” He felt the hair on the back of his neck prickle with a sense of someone walking on his grave.

“Attention all hands, we’re now at Miyamae system, suit up and enter battle stations,” he ordered the rest of the ship as he manually took over the ship’s flight controls no longer able to trust the electronics to avoid the debris. He scanned the field, seeing chunks of ship, cargo crates and other unidentified bits of what might have been the missing cargo ships. His eyes widened as he noticed a large green and gold bulkhead with a large burnt hole in the distance, as the bulkhead slowly turned, he could see that it was a damaged ship.

“Shit, that fits the description… Stryker, get a team ready to investigate that space hulk. I’ll need a team to stay here to defend the ship in case something else happens. I want you to pick the other team leader,” he ordered his executive officer without looking at the man. There was a frown on his face as he gingerly navigated the ship through the mess, paying attention to the ship’s shield readings as some of the debris came into contact with the shields and the hull with loud thunking noises.

Shit, I really hope that Gin can tell me that our systems are glitchy rather than us being jammed… but I can’t make that assumption. The heightened readiness should be enough right now if we are, he thought concernedly to himself. All he could do was hope for the best and prepare for the worse.

David nodded his head slightly in affirmation of the captain's order. He then turned on his heals and left the bridge towards the armour bay. As he moved down the corridor he opened a line to the pilots. "Attention pilots we have found an unidentified spaceship adrift near the station. Myself, Sub-Lieutenant Ai and Peacekeeper Gin are going to investigate the Ship. The remainder of you will remain on the ship, under the command of Sub-lieutenant Hiragi Natsuko, as insurance against a possible ambush. No one is to fire upon any ship or armour we might come upon unless you are fired upon first, remember that." David cut the communication and started the undo his shirt as he entered the armour bay. As he walked over to his armour he looked over the other pilots in the bay. "Are there any questions?" he said as he removed his shirt.

Tyler said:
"I remember you from yesterday. Did you fix your problem with the Tenshi you're to be using?" He asked her in a level, calm tone telepathically.

Gin startled a bit at being telepathically contacted. Oh, Hi. Yeah, a defective circuit board. Did you figure out your load out? She replied telepathically.

“Hey Karasu,” he called over the ship’s communication system to the engineer, “something’s up with our scanners, I need you to run a full scale diagnostic.” He felt the hair on the back of his neck prickle with a sense of someone walking on his grave.

Gin accessed the nearest comm panel and replied. "I'm on it sir." She then started entering a series of commands into the control panel, initiating a full diagnostic. I hope there aren't anymore defective components like the one in my Tenshi. As the diagnostics started running she quickly started seeing a pattern of sporadic errors that troubled her. Even before the diagnostics finished she entered a new set of commands, "Sir, the primary sensor array is not responding properly, I'm switching to the secondary they are not as sensitive, but at least they are operation." After a few more keystrokes she completed the switch over. "Switch over complete Commander, sensors should be be back online."

"Thank you, Karasu," Fleming replied over the comm system, grateful that the technician was able to work fast. He tried to use the secondary scanners and got the same confused mess of nothing that he did before. The debris field should have been registering but they hadn't. "Well, it seems like we're being jammed."

He opened his comm channel to Stryker again, "Stryker, we're being jammed- most likely it's either from some transmitters on the crap floating around us or from that ship or another ship out there. Take a few extra hands with you and be ready for some sort of ambush, better safe than sorry."

Zero was hard at work with his Tenshi and making sure it was fully operational and was ready to go when they arrived at Miyamae 3. "I did, I added in plasma arc disruptors to the lower leg sections for Point defense." He had responded to Karasu.

"If we're being jammed. We need to take out the jamming source FIRST." Zero said to Stryker after overhearing what Fleming had said. He ws down prepping the armors to go as well to help out some, always trying to stay busy. "Hey. Fleming. Use the sensors to try and fixate on the strongest points of interference." he suggested through his PCC to use as a communicator. "Then feed us pilots the data on that."

Gin looked at the diagnostic screen and saw the source of the problem. "Karasu to Commander Fleming, my diagnostics have shown the point of malfunction, but I can't repair it without turning off the sensors. I'll effect repairs when we are secured from battlestations."

As Gin prepared to get into her Tenshi she paused, it dawned on her whom she had been speaking to; Oh dear, just my luck, I ignored the Executive Officer., "I was not aware that we had options for the leg mounts sir." she walked over and grabbed a diagnostic kit and put it in a pouch and attached it to the Tenshi. Might come in handy out there. she thought. She then entered it and started her checklist.

Roken rushed to the hangar, giving the superior officers there a quick salute before making his way to the nearest mantus armor. He began prepping his armor, making sure all systems were green and there was nothing amiss, he took a deep breath as readied himself mentally for the moment he would be needed, “Ready on your command.” Roken observed the others making there modifications to there suits while he waited.

I wonder if they have there own power armor? Roken thought.

As soon as David had issued the order Natsuko was out the bridge door. This reeks of a trap. Natsuko thought as she dashed through the halls, Also makes sense that our sensors would be dead suddenly as well. Jamming? Natsuko's gut wrenched a little as she slid into her Tenshi. Well, at least we're not skydiving this time. Natsuko's Tenshi powered up, the hud overlayed her vision as the power armor ran through its boot-diagnostics. "Wing 2, that is the people who aren't going anywhere, this is Sub-Lieutenant Hiragi Natsuko. Report in." Natsuko called through the com before stepping off of the armor wrack that her armor was stored on.

Zero would suit up and respond to Natsuko promptly. "Cross, here, suited up and ready to deploy." he said bluntly and ran system diagnostics one more time to make sure it was running at 100% efficiency and was pleased to see that it was. None of his systems were malfunctioning like Karasu's were and his loadout was standard, ready. "Tenshi checks out, I'm fully armed and prepared to go."

David ignored Zero's statement about the jamming. Of course they needed to find out where the jamming signals were coming from, That's why David was going out with the others to find out. He could understand that Zero was trying to be useful and that was why he wouldn't accost him.

David stepped off the armour rack without donning his helmet and moved into the middle of the bay wearing a new armour since his old one had been rendered beyond repair by the damage sustained during his last mission. He Looked over to Gin that was still fielding with her tenshi. David rubbed his right eye and then put on his helmet. His eye still gave him some trouble since it had been ripped up by a piece of his helmet.

Hell of a start to a mission, a damaged ship, our ship malfunctions, and we're being jammed. Gin thought, "Karasu here, Tenshi online, weapons checked, ready to go. Sir" Gin responded.

There was a loud whining noise at the rear of the power armor bay, near the doors that seemed to be getting louder. On the other side of the ship an explosion caused the Zenpyou to tremble and the roar of alarms and red warning lights erupted all over the ship in a loud din.

"Everyone get into your PA NOW. Something is trying to breech the PA bay doors!" Fleming's voice erupted over the ship's communications system in a roar as he tried to turn off the alarms so he could hear himself think.

Crud crud crud crud crud Ai repeated over and over to herself as she was still working on her own Tenshi and outfitting it when they had arrived in the system. Then, as hell started to break loose, she was onto the last little bit. "Choutomatte, evil people!" she complained just as she finished. She quickly stripped down to her undies, tossing her uniform messily to the side and slipped in.

Ai slammed on her helmet and quickly grabbed the combined particle cannon rifle thingy that was made by the Lorath. "Ah, ready!"

“This is Roken Techard, I'm already suited up and ready....” He was interrupted by the explosion the shook the ship, the heck was that Roken thought as he put his helmet on, it was only then when the commander announced over the intercom what was actually happening,

“Whatever it is trying to get in is gonna wish it did not,” Roken said making a final check on his weapons before pointing them at the hangar door. He could not help but crack a smile under his helmet, its been a while since he was in combat and he was glad he was going to have a chance to fight instead of sitting around on his thumbs.

<ON>
David armed his weapons after the explosion hit the ship. "Open the door we are leaving, Hikari you are now with us." David pointed his weapon at the doors as then started to slowly open. "My team will take the ship while the rest of you are to protect this ship and make sure we have something to come back too when this is over. Am I understood?"

Commander Fleming's voice came over the ship's communication system again, "2 minutes until whatever the hell that is, breeches the door. Be ready for the depressurization."

Hikari frantically finished the last facet to her power armor. 'I did not spend my life being trained to become a intelligence officer, to be downgraded to a foot soldier!' the frustrated Jiyuuian Sub-Lieutenant thought in her head, she was a bridge bunny first class-- not a hot shot power armor jock. "Understood," she said in response to David's orders, falling in behind the seemingly battle ready Sub-Commander. She lifted both arms and prepared her forearm mounted transphasic energy pulse cannons, relying on the armor's firing systems to target whatever came through those doors.

With her PA just readied, Ai took her (probably) a bit over sized gun and aimed at the opening door. She loaded up the plasma ammunition into it, seeing as anti-matter would be a bad decision for inside a ship, or amongst the debris out in space that surrounded the ship. "Okay bad guys, I'm ready for you now," she said to herself.

Gin brought up her defenses, and armed her weapons at the sound of the explosions. What the heck could be trying to force its way in through the doors. she thought. She positioned herself to the left of the Sub Commander her TEP Cannons trained towards the door. "Ready to move on your command Sir."

When the doors to the bay had opened to about 2 meters wide a large drill bit pierced the door and atmosphere began to vent from the bay through the breach. The drill quickly stopped and was pulled out of the hole. The drill was quickly replaced by the 3 barrels of a chain gun which burst to life raining bullets into the bay.

David Burst towards the door opening with his weapon at the ready. "Quickly!" David flew out the opening and turned to look at the Zenpyou. it was covered by 5 Demon power armours that had seen many battles and better days. "You have 5 Enemy PA's on the Zenpyou. Natsuko, you and your team need to take care of them quickly!" David moved behind of some of the debris near the ship. "Strike team, we need to get to that ship. They have to be coming from somewhere and that ship looks like the only place there is. We are to advance and not engage until we are at the ship."

The ship's warning alarms went off again screeching, "Hull Breech". "Stabilizing and securing the inner hatch to prevent further depressurization, kill them if ya have to. We need at least a few of them for questioning," Fleming's voice was filled with irritation at the alarms and the breech.

"I suppose they're just far too eager to get in and steal the goods... either that or they were waiting for us here." Zero said over the comm to the others and moved toward the door and shot into space, his HUD displaying the demons attacking the Zenpyou. His demeanor turned calculating as he turned the sensors on them and the fire control and took aim. "...die." He muttered and opened fire with a burst of shots from his forearm projectors toward one of the demons, pelting it with transphased plasma.

'Demons, are they crooked demons?' Hikari fired from in behind David as she looked critically towards the units making their way in, 'no-- those are the Zen Armaments Ze-M1 Series.' "All teams be advised, the only heavily armored parts of those units are the chest, head, and forward thighs. Correct your targeting and aim for the unit's neck and limbs. Their armor is a weaker alloy then your own, so work efficiently and confidently." The tactical officer said over communications, moving quickly behind her team's lead and taking cover close by. In combat she wasn't as hasty as previously when she was preparing for the ground fight ahead.

Ai followed behind the other two in her team as fast as she could, flying out into space. Did... they seriously just use a stupid giant drill to get in?... Not to mention using outdated armor... she thought to herself. Oh well, it only makes smashing them all that more easy and fun~.

Gin ran to the door and engaging her drive, streaked out of the door, following the Sub Commander, she took a brief glance back that Zenpyou. Hopefully they others will be able to hold out while we find their source, she thought. She instructed the AI to scan for possible transmissions used by the Demons.Perhaps we will get lucky and their comms will lead us to their controller. Doubtful, but its worth the try. She thought. Gin then maneuvered to a piece of debris near the commander checking to see that all members of their team made it out safely.

The shots that Zero fired at the Demon missed hitting the PA directly but instead slammed into the large drill he was carrying. The Pilot of the Demon pulled his gun out of the hole in the door and started to unload on Zero and the opening to the bay. The rest to the armors continued to drill into the hull of the ship except for one that after breaching the hull moved to help support the first armor at the door.

David continued along the debris until he was up to the hull of the floating ship. It had the name 'Garm' stenciled on it's bow. As he waited for the others to catch up he scanned the hull for any possible entrance to the ship they could use.
<OFF>

Gin followed the Sub Commander, using the debris to conceal her movement. She kept an eye out for any sign of hostiles, but so far there wasn't any. As she approached the derelict vessel, she spotted the commander. He appeared to be searching the hull. Probably looking for a hatch or some means to gain entry, she thought. She adjusted her speed so that she would arrive approximately 10 meters above his position. "Sir, I'll look higher up for any way of entry," she transmitted, nudging her suit into higher position.

"You sonuva..." Zero growled and executed some impressive acrobatics to avoid the incoming fire to avoid getting key areas of the armor hit. Taking glancing hits on the shoulder and arms of the Tenshi then spiraled out and rushed the Demons. He'd do it using his forearm projectors to fire sniping shots at the heads of the Demons as he did; using his left arm to fire at them and tried to grab the Demon in front of his weapon away and turn it on the others.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back