Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Mission 1] Blackened Wings

David advanced towards the front of the ship and what he believed to be the bridge. He received the message from Gin as he advanced slowly down one of the starboard corridors. "Advance with care and take any power generation units or batteries that you find. Stryker out."

The corridor took a left and connected with a corridor that ran parallel with the one he had traveled. The two corridors merged into one short hallway that ended in a hatch with the word 'Bridge' stenciled on it. David liked it when systems and places were easy to find on ships. It made boarding actions that much easier. He readied his weapon as he drifter down the corridor. The hatch was open slightly and as David got closer he saw some flickers of light come through the opening.

David set his weapon on stun and closed with the door quickly and kicked it open. As the hatch swung open it smacked into one of the two Hostiles that were in the small cockpit, knocking the man against the console. David quickly shot the other before she could finish turning around. He then shot the man before he could pull himself back together.

While the two of them were unconscious he pulled out zip-tie handcuffs and used them to restrain them. Since they were not wearing powered suits the restraints would be fine. "This is Stryker the bridge is secured. What is the current situation with the Demons?"

Ai proceeded down the corridor as well, her rifle trained ahead. But, she made sure to keep an eye on what was behind them, just to be sure nothing was going to sneak up. So far... nothing. Where was everyone and everything? Curse her hyperness... she wanted something to happen, and she was getting impatient waiting for that something.

Gin moving silently kept an alert eye out for hostiles or anything. "Ai, there is one thing that's bothering me... with all the destruction we've seen, I have not seen any bodies..." Seeing something moving ahead, she brought up arm weapon just in case.

"Tch, you think they're going to give you the same quarter?" Zero replied to Tesuro quickly and shot like a lance toward one of the other demons, firing bursts from the forearm mounted weapons. "In the confusion I didn't get a pacifier." he reminded Tesuro, going to flying kick a demon into another one to cause confusion. And shot to aim for the non vital areas to disable him.

"It is a bit odd... and not so much at the same time. I wouldn't think they would leave dead bodies lying around... with you know, all the smells," Ai replied with unusually sagely sounding response, comparatively speaking. "Besides that, who is to say that they didn't fake the damage, so as to make other people drop their guard."

The Sub-Lieutenant decided to not scold Gin for addressing Ai disrespectfully. She was an officer, and was quite obviously higher ranked than the Peacekeeper. Not only did Gin not say 'Sub-Lieutenant,' but also went and used 'Ai.'

"On another note, Peacekeeper, while I personally don't mind if you use my first name and such, other officers might. Please keep that in mind." She tried her hardest to make sure it didn't sound angry. It was just her bit of advice.

Damn it, she's an officer. Of course if we had spent some time travelling together I probably would have seen her around. Gin chided herself. and mentally reviewed the roster, "My apologies Sub-Lieutenant Kitano. I certainly meant no disrespect, still learning who everyone is. We were barely on the Zen for 3 hours before everything hit the fan." Moving forward, she saw what appeared to be two figures. "Two targets ahead ma'am, I'll take the one on the right." she said training her forearm weapon towards a disabling shot.

Denkou's shots were well aimed, his target reeled from the well played shots and seemed slightly disoriented. Denkou's AI informed him that he had punctured the pilots right shoulder armor, most likely the enemy was now bleeding.

As Wavrian had almost reached a pile of supply crates that could provide decent cover when a Demon started to open fire on him. Wavrian's shields flashed briefly and his HUD lit up informing him that he had taken light damage to the []. Luckily for Wavrian Zero's kick had sent a nearby armor right into Wavrian's aggressor causing his rifle to snap up and all of his shots to race toward the ceiling, away from Wavrian.

Together both Zero and Tesuro easily disabled the last two armors, leaving the pilots immobolized and only lightly wounded at worst.

"Good job." Natsuko called over the comms, every part of her wanted to finish them, but she knew it was a bad idea. The captain had ordered them to capture some of them alive, and so they would. "Let's get the injured one to the medbay, put the other 3 in the brig. Peacekeeper Zero, Cadet Urameshi, take the injured one to the medbay. Peacekeepers Denkou and Wavrian, you're with me let's get these guys to the brig. We'll wanna start by getting them out of their armors." Natsuko said before walking over to one of the disabled Demons and attempting to pry apart the seam where the armor split to allow entry.

Behind the person she spotted a functioning piece of equipment. From here it looked to be some kind of transmitter. The jammer. Great disable them and I can take that offline. she thought. Noticing that they were not armed, she switched to her handheld Pacifier gun. She fired a shot that hit her target square in the chest, causing him to spin away unconscious in the zero gravity. "Lieutenant, the other one is yours, I'm going to take that jammer offline." Gin said moving forward. Once she got to the device she started checking it out. Using a spanner from her tool kit she was able to open one of the side panels. She then identified the power unit it and disconnected it. "Jammer has been disabled." <MA>

Tesuro holstered his weapon and let out a sigh of relief. "Everyone is intact on our side...and only one unnecessary death on the pirates' side. I suppose that's a decent enough victory," he thought to himself. He approached the injured pirate and knelt down to pry off his armor's helmet, revealing the pilot's face. He placed two fingers on the pirate's neck just to make sure he was in fact still alive. Sure enough he found a pulse, but nonetheless the pirate was completely unconscious and would need some rest in the medbay before they could hold any kind of interrogation.

"Affirmative Sub-Lieutenant Hiragi. Suspect is unconscious, but alive. A little rest should be all he needs--certainly more than he deserves." Tesuro sent to Natsuko. He stood back up and nudged the unconscious armor pilot with his foot saying to Zero, "Peacekeeper Cross, this one's totally out of it, so don't bother smacking him around for information just yet..." Tesuro stopped and lifted up the unconscious pilot under his shoulders, "Help me out with his legs so we can dump him off at the medbay."

"...." Ai watched the other figure start freaking out at the sight of his partner first shot and then seeing a PA approach. She moved in close and mercifully gave him a konk on the head, before he stressed himself out and gave himself a heart attack or something. He just floated unconscious.

She saw Gin unplug the machine. "...I really hope you made sure that that was actually the jammer before unplugging it. I wouldn't have exactly expected them to make it quite that easy...."

Gin looked towards the Lieutenant, "Yes ma'am, prior to disconnecting the power to it, I verified its operation before disabling the power supply. Although I agree with you on one thing. It is strange that they would leave two people here to guard it and neither had weapons."

"Good." Ai smiled, though it couldn't be seen exactly through the helmet. "Sub-Commander, awaiting further instruction as to what to do. We have two unconscious... crew members, it seems, of the Garm. What should we do with them? Oh... and they were unarmed," she sent to Stryker.

Ai turned around, keeping her weapons trained down the corridor they had come from while she waited for instructions as to what to do.

Denkou smiled slightly to himself at how much more effective his actions were than those of the others', but quickly concealed his pleasure. "Yes ma'am. Would you care to gather them up as a group, or should I?" He stowed his weapon so that it could be easily drawn. "It should be safer to move them as one group then one by one."

David received Ai's message while searching the cockpit for any thing that may be used as evidence. "Good work sub-lieutenant take your two prisoners and meet me at the large opening that you and gin entered through. Commander Fleming has informed me that the situation around the Zenpyou has been resolved there are no hostiles on our sensors. We are safe to return to the ship." David then grabbed the two unconscious crew of the Garm and pulled them down the weightless corridors while trying to keep them from smashing into the walls.

Gin went over and picked up the person she rendered unconscious. She restrained the person's arms. Better safe than sorry. she thought. Once secured Gin crossed the room to Ai. "Sub-Lieutenant, could this whole thing been some kind of elaborate ruse? An attempt to make the UOC look bad, by trying to trick us into firing upon the Garm while someone stands off in the distance and watches?" Gin asked bringing her prisoner with her.

"I don't know what to think, Peacekeeper. They were the ones with that... jammer thing," Ai replied. "At the least we didn't kill off any of the crew on board the ship... hopefully." She grabbed the other form, which she kept in a sort of one-arm hug. "The only ones that died, it would seem, were the ones that attacked us first, so that isn't so bad. Also, if someone were at a distance and watching, their own sensors would've been blocked by the jammer so they couldn't really watch, and as soon as the jammer was disconnected we should have been able to detect them," Ai reasoned out. It appears that time at the Academy had paid off to at least some extent.

"Let's go Peacekeeper." Ai floated back the way they had come, rifle wielded in just one hand and ready to fire. She knew it was going to hurt if she had to fire it like this, but she couldn't exactly use two hands with a prisoner in the other one.

Wavrian felt relieved when the action was over. He wasn't part of the team that had been sent off of the ship, so he had simply done his best to hold the fort, keeping the Zenpyou safe while keeping his own hide out of the firefight. Seemed like a successful strategy to him. Plus, from the sound of things, the fight hadn't been completely one-sided in the Zenpyou's favor. He'd have some power armor to patch up when the others got back in.

Roken let out a sigh as the smoke cleared and watched Zero and the others deal with the surviving enemy armor pilots. He looked himself over noticing that most of the damage was to his armor with a few pieces of shrapnel stuck in his skin. “Anything I can do to help Sub-lieutenant?” Roken asked as he made his way back to the group.

He was making a mental note as they began to round up the survivors, noticing that the Natsuko was pulling apart one of the aggressors armor, “Uhh....you sure that's a good idea, they could have done something to their suits.”

Gin followed Ai, with weapon in one hand, and her unconscious person in the other. "Not necessarily ma'am. Theoretically by knowing the jamming frequency they were using, they could have adjusted their sensors to compensate. But given the fact that the Zenpyou did not come under attack by other vessels, you are probably correct."

Natsuko stopped prying apart the armor that she had been working on, thinking before she spoke. "That's a possibility, but since nothing has happened yet I'm not too concerned. These are Demon power armors. I wouldn't install a 'defense' mechanism that's designed to explode or anything on these. Too much of a risk that it would accidentally blow up. Besides, I don't think the brig is built to handle power armors inside of it." Unfortunately for Natsuko however the unthinkable happened. Suddenly there was a bright flash as the power plant of the demon overloaded and exploded rather brilliantly, the energy ripped through Natsuko's shields and launched her back 20 feet before she rolled onto the ground. Anything not made of super-metals or lacking energy shielding was superheated melting the top layer of it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back