Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Mission 1] Blackened Wings

Roken remained on the defensive, engaging only at range while keep himself ahead of the enemies fire, his augments and P.A. Targeting helped make his job a lot easier as he mixed between controlled burst and single precision shots. The drills are a new one. He kept his eye on Zero who had maneuvered himself closer to the invading P.A.'s being even more careful not to hit him in the crossfire. Great on more thing to worry abo- his thoughts were interrupted as his armor took a few grazed shots, one that almost put a hole in his Mantis helmet as he ducked for cover.

His mind was focused, prioritizing targets as they presented themselves he knew that if it came to close combat he would be satisfied knowing he at least cut down the numbers of hostiles.

"Uh-huh.... You two can go look for a way in. I'll just scoot on over this way and go in that giant gaping hole of an entrance. I don't believe we get bonus points for difficulty on entrance," Ai joked over the comm, as she floated slowly away from the group towards the hole in the hull of the Garm. She kept her rifle ready to blast anything hostile that might appear, especially from that open area.

"The only thing that we get points for was how many baddies we ki- I mean... stop!" Near slip of the tongue. She wasn't quite used to the don't-blast-them-if-at-all-possible approach. It just wasn't as much fun.

"Finding an undamaged hatch means entering a portion of the ship that isn't blasted into twisted wreckage. Gives us a better opportunity to access any systems that might still be functional." Gin said in response to Ai's teasing. Points? Does she think this is some kind of game? she thought. "We are here for intel and to find the source of the jamming. Where is that more likely to be? I don't think we'll find the jammers and their control systems insided of a blasted compartment. But it does not hurt to explore both options."

"Well... nyeeeeh! There's no guarantee of there being another hatch, especially an undamaged one, given the condition of the WRECK. But, since the compartment was originally within the ship as part of the ship, there's likely going to be some doors into the rest of the interior," Ai countered.

After a few moments of thinking it over, Ai came up with a semi-good idea. "How about we split up? We'd cover more ground and find whatever it is we need to find faster which would help a lot. It shouldn't be too dangerous, considering their rather... outdated weaponry."

Natsuko wasn't quite ready, although she really should have been, for what was happening. Instantly her suit's electronics system informed her of her squad mates' actions as well as the incoming fire. Snapping out of her daze Natsuko flicked on her shielding preparing to take the brunt of the attack. Several Nepleslian curse words flew out of the Jiyuuian's mouth before the rounds hit.

Tesuro was one of the last to mount his power armor, much to his embarrassment. It didn't make him look like very good officer material if his subordinates were ready for battle before he was. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your point of view, the chaos was such that who was in their power armor when was not of anybody's concern save for each individual. He took a few minutes to regain his composure and assess the situation at hand, and was ready to go mere moments before the door was blown open by the Demons.

Shit, this is way too fast. But I guess I should have been better prepared. Here goes!

Activating his shields, Tesuro decided to take on a defensive position. Due to the sudden nature of the attack, the command structure was in a sort of disarray, and it seemed it would be up the crew members to make their own combat decisions until some degree of order was restored. He quickly dashed beside Natsuko, who seemed as though she needed some assistance. "Sub-Lieutenant Hiragi! I've got your back!" he messaged to her almost frantically.

Denkou darted over to one side of the Armor bay, and began to skulk his way around. So, their armor is outdated, and we match their numbers. That gives us a tactical advantage, now lets see if we can capitalize on it. Then, when Zero made his rush, Denkou broke from his cover on the other side, and unloaded eight quick pulses from his antimatter flechette rifle in the direction of the armors farthest from Zero before darting back into cover. He looked back toward Tesuro and Hiragi. Using the laser communications systems, he sent a short burst message to Hiragi.

Orders, Sub-Lieutenant? Peacekeeper Denkou.

Gin looked ahead of her position, most of this region was pock marked with impact marks. Most likely from debris surrounding the derelict. "Most of the hull is showing signs of damage here. I'm going to return to your position, Ai. Even if I found a hatch with all the structural damage to the hull, the blasted thing probably wouldn't open." Gin radioed changing direction to rejoin the Neko.

David moved to the top of the ship then radioed to the others. "I am going to make my own hole if need be but I will meet you at the bridge. You are to restrain and arrest any hostiles you find. Only kill as a last resort. Beware of traps and tip wires when you enter." David closed onto what appeared to be a Drill hole similar to the ones that currently pockmarked the Zenpyou. He used his forearm mounted weapons to widen the hole and then slipped into the ship which was exposed to the void. He took back out his Peacekeeper rifle and began his slow advance on the bridge which was made a bit difficult due to the lack of gravity.

Roken was glad for the added support even if it was late, he slowly closed the distance between him and the remaining invaders keeping track of where Zero was moving to so he would not hit him. “Looks like things are working in our favor.” He was surprised when Denkou jumped out to fire, if that was a pirate he would have had the drop on me. It would not be long now and they would be cleaning up the bodies and repairing the large hole in the wall.

Zero collided with the Demon, taking some damage in the process; though namely to the armor itself though. He grabbed the guy around the neck, breaking his arm in the process and used him for a human shield as the others fired upon him. "Filthy pirate," he sneered and damaged the engine of the Demon enough to send it into overload and threw the guy out away from the ship and into a small cluster of other demons to detonate. "Hmm, fireworks," he said and winced, getting shot in the back of the shoulder jarringly by something. "What the hell?!"

Gin looked into the hole that Ai had chosen to enter. The damage had as she expected made a great mess out of the interior there. But it was passable as long as they did not try to move too fast. "After you Ai, I'll watch your back." she said scanning with her eyes for any sign of motion.

Tyler said:
"Hmm, fireworks," he said and winced, getting shot in the back of the shoulder jarringly by something. "What the hell?!"

Tesuro heard the commotion being caused by Zero, who was displaying quite an expert performance for somebody of his rank. Seeing the blow he took, he rushed to Zero's aid, leaving Hiragi with Denkou on the defensive. He unholstered his gun and fired upon the pilot that had wounded Zero's shoulder. Tesuro caught the Demon off guard, aiming for its legs, but the shots ended up into its hip and groin, which was more or less just as effective. As the pilot fell it fired off randomly into the air, hitting the walls and floor, barely missing Tesuro's right foot. "Zero!" he called out, "Is your shoulder all right?!"

"Right." Ai floated beside the hole, before she shot in quickly, and quickly scanned the interior, looking for any enemies. She brought the rifle around, her hands ready to be taken off just in case any enemies were there and there was something that obstructed the probably over-sized rifle.

After the scan, Ai picked whatever direction it was deeper into the ship. "Let's go then."

Zero winced some and nodded to Tesuro and blasted a Demon with his plasma forearm weapons. "Yeah I'm fine, my shoulder's a bit numb but with the AIES of the armor I'm still capable," he said with a nod. "Just wipe those Demons out, we can worry about non-lethal damage later," he said professionally.

Fire pelted down on Natsuko and Denkou. Their shields absorbed some of the impact, the ablative armor took off a little more, but some still got through. Both Natsuko's and Denkou's armors would register very light damage to both of their armors. Once Natsuko had a fairly good feel for where the enemy was she ran forward firing in the direction of the armor, attempting to draw his attention off of Denkou. "Peacekeeper Uindo, take him out I'll draw his fire off." Natsuko instructed as she ran.

Zero's tactic of overloading the ancient armor's power supply worked. The now floating bomb floated toward the group and exploded quite beautifully, unfortunately not quite everyone was dumb enough to stick around to enjoy the more prominent seating that they had. Two of the grouped armors had managed to escape the proximity though not without taking damage. One armor suffered light damage while the other seemed to have suffered heavy damage and according to the AIs it looked as if he would lose power to his armor rather soon.

Tesuro responded bluntly to Zero while taking a quick check of his own vitals. "No. Use deadly force only as a last resort to protect your own life. They're out-manned and out-classed, and are more useful to us alive than dead. Use your Pacifier or aim for non-lethal areas. You'll have to account for any unnecessary deaths--you aren't a soldier," he explained quickly and precisely.

Zero didn't seem particularly reckless, but was understandably more concerned about his own well being than that of a group of space pirates. Tesuro aimed his firearm toward the more lightly-damaged of the two armors that had escaped the blast caused by Zero and quickly but cautiously approached the pilot. He turned back to Zero, "Come on, Peacekeeper, before they get a chance to fight back."

"Yes, ma'am. " Denkou quickly swung out and around, before coming to a quick stop, hopefully throwing off whatever minimal tracking they had managed to get on him. He stopped, and steadied his aim before firing a quick three round burst at the lightly damaged Demon's right arm, hopefully disabling it without killing the pilot. He also ran a quick sensor scan, or at least attempted to, hoping that Alpha Team would have managed to disable the jamming by now. He then took cover behind another piece of debris to await his next clear shot.

Gin made her way through the twisted wreckage and finally found an undamaged door. Checking the orientation she realized that door and the passage behind it probably lead to engineering. The level of jamming we encountered means a lot of power. That would mean probably the Garm's generators are still operating.

She forced the door open and cautiously peered down the passage. It appeared clear and empty. "Sub-Commander Stryker, I found a passage that leads aft. I think I can use it to gain access to the Garm's engineering section. If this ship is the source of the jamming, by shutting down the generators if they are operating, that should turn the jammers off. Proceeding with caution."

Wavrian was absolutely dumbfounded when the action began. He had been performing maintenance on his suit of power armor at the time, not because of a need to, but simply because he could. Of all of the technology made available by the UOC, the Tenshi and Mantus were probably the pieces of equipment that fascinated him the most. Among all of the things that made them beautiful, first and foremost in his mind was that when inside of a suit of power armor, the fragility brought about by his Azorean veins was negated. He could go up against a blade and win.

That self-confidence, however, did not help one bit when the ambushers began to drill on the armor bay doors. For precious seconds, the Azorean stared at the door, mouth gaping. The sirens broke his confusion, causing him to bolt into action. Wavrian backed into his Tenshi, modified to accommodate the Azorean's tail. The PA bay doors opened just as Wavrian's suit became fully operational, its energy shield catching stray rounds from the Demon that poked its gun through the door.

Wavrian ran for cover, occasionally firing a quick burst towards the opening, cautious of his allies. While trained in the use of the Tenshi, he was anything but a combat pilot. Surviving would suit him just fine.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back