• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 10.1] Diving into the Fray

Med Bay

Hitohoshi glances back and forth between Effy and Sakura. "Um... if no one else is stepping forward, I'll go first... Just tell me what I need to do."

Then, as an afterthought... "Oh yes, and I'm Tsuki Hitohoshi, Santô Hei and science officer."

Last edited:
Med Bay

Sunflower smiled, "All right, climb up on the bed. Since this is your first time, I am required to advise you that there may be some discomfort. You have the option to be sedated during the process." She said as she walked to the control station next to the biometric bed.

"Meanwhile the rest of you can get your initial physical exams done by the AMTC units in the med bay. We'll take care of two tasks at one time." She added.

Bridge

"YSS Aeon this is station control. You are cleared for departure. Downloading your departure vector to rendezvous with YSS Genshō. Good Hunting and Good Luck. Station Control Out."

On the console before Yoshiro the departure plot appaeared.

Med Bay

Hitohoshi considers her options as she climbs onto the bed. "Mm... I'll... not use the sedatives this time. Let's see what it's like without them first." She lies back and gets comfy. "...all right. Go ahead."

Med Bay

Sakura smiled, "Okay, I have duly noted your declining sedation. Just try to relax and the system will engage shortly. It will instruct you as the unit moves into position and activates." she entered a few commands on the control console.

"So I presume the rest of you will want you physicals." she sent a telepathic command to the automated medical units bringing them online. "Kindly climb into one of the active units and I will monitor the examination. This process also allows us to develop a template to be used in the case that we have to create a new body for you."

Yoshiro looked at his console and took a deep breath. "Engineering bring ship's internal power online and switch to internal power." He said into comms. He knew this procedure like the back of his hand though he had done things a bit out of order. He felt the hum of the internal power being switched on and called the dock control once more. "Control, this is the Aeon. Please remove external power couplings and confirm clearence for departure and vector." He said after confirming internal power was on.

Bridge

A deep thunk could be heard through out the Aeon as the external power couplings detached and withdrew. The lighting through out the ship increased slightly as the Aether Reactor was brought to normal operating levels. Out of the bridge speakers came Hisa's voice. "Bridge all ship systems are nominal, we are clear of all moorings. Engines standing by to respond to commands from the bridge."

Med Bay

Effy politely did not decline the physical by saying, "I would be happy to." She looked to the automated unit and back to Sakura with a smile before speaking once more, "It is quite pleasing to know you have a lightened workload, though I am sure it is still quite stressful being a medic. Do you agree?"

She utilized the unit to the appropriate degree so that she could help initiate the process of the physical.

Med Bay

Sakura smiled, "It has its moments. In general I find being a medic to be very fulfilling. But being on a warship, brings its own challenges. That's why I am grateful that the Aeon was upgraded with the AMTC units. When we start getting casualties, the lesser ones can be treated by them and I can focus my talents on those with more dire injuries. Even with Mental Backups, there are times I feel like I have failed when I lose a patient."

Med Bay

Effy gave a small, wan smile. "I understand that pain you are going through, though haven't experienced it. Thank you for sharing that with me."

"Roger that engineering. Activating thrusters for departure." Yoshiro said and made sure if the departure vector. He made sure to watch the sensors and gently adjusted his vector to make sure that he allowed space for other departing ships. "Control this is Aeon, thanks for your hospitality." he said and when he was done and out of the station he set course for the rendezvous point with the Genshou. The engines flared to life as he made for the rendezvous point. "Course set and laid in, Taisa. Making for the rendezvous with the YSS Genshou" He said to the Taisa. Yoshiro had hoped everything was done right but if not he was sure that he would be told.

Med Bay

Sakura smiled, "I have known some medical personnel who like to maintain the impression that they are infallable. I prefer to have a more realistic view. Let's get your examination started." She said entering the necessary commands.

Bridge

"Nicely handled, Tanaka-Heisho. Put the Aeon at station keeping, the Yome will be coming up and they will be creating the worm hole we will be travelling through." Katae said.

Med Bay

Hitohoshi allows the biometric bed to do its thing, following its directions as necessary. She does feel some discomfort during the process, as it was stated she might, but it's of a tolerable level. She would, however, have to consider carefully whether or not to use sedatives next time...

Bridge:

"Aye, Taisa. Aeon at station-keeping." Yoshiro responded and pressed the buttons to make sure that the ship was at station-keeping. He scanned the instruments to make sure that there were no surprises.

Med Bay

Effy let the procedure go on and felt at ease and relaxed while Sakura worked around her. A few times she thought of something to say, but she held her tongue and let her do her job.

Space

The Yome Ismâopate emerged from the ship pay on the Star Fortress on thrusters, and then once clear from the station accelerated to the rendezvous point. The ship's pilot brought the ship to a halt 100 KM beyond the two ships.

Med Bay

Sakura filed Hitohoshi into the Soul Pod. She then raised the SIU. "Tsuki-Hei, your back up is complete and secure. You can transfer to one of the other units to get your baseline physical data collected."

She walked over to Effy. "Biometric data collection is complete. You can transfer to the Mental Backup Unit to create your backup." She said with a grin.

Med Bay
"Ah, yes, thank you," Hitohoshi says, getting up and going over to the nearest open medical unit to receive her physical. She gives a nod to Effy on her way past.

YSS Aeon
Engineering

Arete Surinus yawned quietly to herself in the large space, her small body a fraction of the size of the humming machinery and aether-based generators. Adjusting her glasses slightly, pushing them further up thwir nose than they had slid, the crimson-paneled Elysian technician smiled to herself as the ship started to move, the powerful hum of the Aeon's engines signaling their use. For the time being, everything was running optimally-no need to report what isn't broken unless somebody asked, after all.

She yawned again, a little bit more loudly. Stupid transfer wouldn't let her sleep, and it took a lot of willpower to not just fall onto her bed and sleep when she arrived a couple of hours ago. Well, at least she has some coffee. Wherever she put that mug...

"I'll check in directly, by your leave." Misaki bowed at the exact angle one would expect to be taught in a course on decorum from an XO to her captain, and then made her way from the bridge down to engineering.

Engineering
"I like your glasses. Good day. Are you feeling well? I can ask medbay to find a stimulant." Apparently the officer that floated in from the passageway had heard the yawn over the sound of the engine. As the woman with the sword touched down gently, greeting the technician. "I thought I would say hello myself. Are you settled in? If you have a concern you are welcome to come to me, it is a small vessel." Pausing, she looked at the whole of engineering to give the winged woman some time and then explained, "I need to confirm the armors and all our other IFF have been set to recognize our new allies for this mission. If we encounter opposition we cannot have any friendly fire incidents, it would cause an intergalactic dispute."

It had been some time since she had anyone like the technician aboard, it made the veteran pleased to see someone fill out what was becoming a very diverse crew, though she found herself wondering how anyone would keep their wings clean if they opened up something messy to fix it. Did they have covers? After wondering, eyes that were distracted by them wandered back to the tired transfer herself, which was no disappointment either.

Med Bay

Effy rose and went to the backup center, saying aloud as she did, "What's the popular choice, as the medic on staff of the Aeon, between painless and painful ST backup experiences among patients?" To the medic, she added with a soft smile, "I will also be going through a painless procedure today."

She then returned the nod given to her by the other personnel and she returned it with a graceful nod of her circlet-donned head.

YSS Aeon
Engineering

"Hm-uh, oh, no thanks?" The glasses-toting Elysian looked up towards the exec, suddenly flashing upwards into a salute fueled by adrenaline as Arete realized that she was talking to the second-in-command of the very vessel she was assigned to! Her voice stammered out, only hinting now at the sea of fatigue which was surrounding the tiny woman's mind, "I-I-I'm sorry Chusa! I did not see you come in!" In her rush to amend her lack of formality, the technician had completely forgotten about Misaki's compliments, question, and greeting.

Oh, that's where the coffee went. Right there on a nearby workstation, a pale ceramic mug lightly steamed with its potent contents. The technician's jaded eyes briefly darted to the object before returning upwards to the neko who stood before her.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back