• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 10.1] Diving into the Fray

YSS Genshō

The Tansaku-Class vessel deployed several VCMAD-S. The drones streaked away into the system fading from sensors as they configured their CFS for stealth. The Science vessel then started sharing telemetry from the drones with the other two vessels.

YSS Aeon

Hisa in engineering unstrapped herself from her chair and performed a quick diagnostic scan on primary systems. She look at Arete, "Well most of the primary systems are all showing green. However, one of the CFS modules is showing yellow. Grab a repair kit and a MARI and check it out. We get into a firefight, we are going to need every module operating properly.

She then picked up the handset and dialed the Bridge. "Bridge, this is Engineering. Propulsion switched over to normal configuration. Weapons, Propulsion, Sensors, Life Support and Control Systems are all operating normally. CFS is operational but we have one module that needs to be re-calibrated or replaced. I have assigned Surinus-San to deal with it."

YSS Aeon
Engineering

"Hhhhhhhh-haaaaai," the angel yawned before papping her cheeks a few times with a bit of force to wake herself up. She took hold of the repair kit, before pausing for a moment, eyes focusing onto the senior engineer. "We have a MARI? Where is it?"

Engineering

Hisa shook her head slightly. "We actually have 4 MARI, two EM-J4-2a which are for exterior work, and two EM-J4-1a for internal work. They are docked on Deck 5 in engineering. Eternity can link your personal comm to one of the MARI."

Hisa sent a few commands to Eternity. "MARI Alpha is assigned to you for the duration."

Bridge

"Copy, we are condition three." Misaki repeated before she began to make contact with the clan probe, "Scanning has already commenced." The XO had some experience with exploration that began on the Eucharis, but even more experience with recon which left her feeling on top of things.

"Engineering, bridge. Copy. Get it taken care of as soon as you're able, keep us appraised of any other trouble." The officer replied to Hisa, looking to Katae she noted, "The CFS module is already being fixed." Knowing the captain would have picked up by then given their connections to the Aeon.

As they waited to hear how the repairs went, the blue-haired woman pored over the sensor data coming into them as the mission got into full swing.

YSS Aeon

"Alright then; Thank you, Juni." Her petite body turned with a swish, the techie in her AMES marching away. One act of bending over later and she was within the cramped, even for her, confines of the starship's maintenance tubes, approaching the module with the assistance of both MEGAMI and the MARI unit for locating it.

Bridge-

Yoshiro was watching his navigation and sensor systems to make sure that they stayed on course. He wanted to be sure that they were working so he decided to run a quick diaognostic on them. "Eternity, could I get a quick diaognostic on the nav and sensors. Just want to make sure that they are up to standards." He asked and waited for an answer.

Sensor Repsonse

The ships were in a star system with a G5 star. They were approximately 5 light minutes from the closest planet. The Sensor probe data showed that there was an artificial structure in orbit above the planet. While the planetary atmosphere appeared capable of supporting life. The sensors did not find any present. However there were damaged structures on the surface that could be seen from orbit.

Bridge

The results of the diagnostic check that Yoshiro displayed almost instantaneously. The systems were operating within normal parameters.

Maintenance Tube

The MARI moved through the crawlspace. It stopped at the defective module. It chimed and a volumetric display appeared. "Defective Module located. Awaiting Instructions."

Bridge

Over the speakers the voice of the commander of the Yome Ismâopate, "Tin-Ta'a Qaedal Aaeas to Ise Katae-Taisa. Please advise when your away team is ready to transfer to the Yome, we will establish a Transfer Vortex to allow them to come aboard. Once both teams are together we will close to transfer range and create a vortex for the team to board the structure.

YSS Aeon
The Tubes

"Power down the module." That's always the first step. Power down whatever you're working on, or put in a ground if you need to keep it running. The other modules can cover for this one for a short time, and that's all the Elysian needed to fix it - a little bit of time.

"Scan the module's physical status can compare the results with the standard module that is produced for Plumeria-class gunships. Highlight any differences not covered by the standard allowed deviation and send the data to my glasses." The technician delivered her orders cooly and efficiently.

YSS Aeon

Effy walked the way from her seat to the lounge doors on shaky feet.

"Are you feeling..." the elf said as she looked back to Hitohoshi with a slight smile, "...Better than me?"

"...huh? Oh, um..." It takes Hitohoshi a second to realize what Effy means. "Yeah, I... guess I am. You look a little... shaky."

"We'll get ourselves situated soon enough," Effy said as she gripped the doorframe. "I'm not worried..." She walked the hallways without many words as she made her way with Hitohoshi to the power armor bay. When halfway there, she asked the other Santo Hei, "Do you enjoy power armor training? Well, did you? I guess what we're about to do won't be training."

"Ah... it was... nice enough, I suppose." Hitohoshi shrugs. "It is what it is. So, uh, what do we need to do with them at this point? ...sorry, still new."

Effy walked through the door to the next hallway and said, "We need to test the systems for operational quality. We should make sure they're fitted to us if we're going to be, erm, naked... O if we're going to be wearing the appropriate uniforms for the first time we get into them!"

Hitohoshi blushes a little at one of those words, though it's hard to see behind her naturally red skin. "Yeah, all right, that makes sense... so... uh... seems we've reached the armor bay... I'll follow your lead?" Indeed, they were at the door to the power armor bay now.

Before walking in, Effy took a deep inhale and then was through the door. There were a few people there that would be joining in on the mission in some capacity, but they ignored the two entering girls for the most part.

"This is my armor," Effy said, pointing to a Mindy 4 she was approaching. "I fitted it this morning. Want to take one of the free ones to either side of mine?"

Hitohoshi nods, looking over the free armors to either side of Effy's. She takes a moment to consider which she prefers, soon settling on the one to the right. She approaches the armor for a closer look.

"So, I suppose I should climb on in and check things over, then? And put my mark on it, of course."

Effy's eyes widened, "Your mark...?"

"Ah, yeah, this one here." Hitohoshi points to the moon/sun/star symbol on the back of her glove. "I put it on all my stuff."

Effy's eyes widened further as she said, "My people, my kind... I, as well, look highly upon those sorts of sentiments, Hitohoshi."

"O-oh, do you? How lovely. Um... w-well, let's... get started, shall we?" Hitohoshi chuckles nervously, as she pops the power armor open and prepares to climb inside.

It took Effy a few moments to get fully naked with her clothes in a neat stack before she was able to get in. By putting her legs in first, Effy put the armor on like she was slipping in to a pair of high boots. She donned the chest piece as it closed around her while her arms proceeded to push into the encasings for them.

Effy's helmet was off to the side and she picked it up and spoke out, "The CFS could kill someone, of course, if they're not shielded, so we'll have to keep that off. And, of course, don't teleport around anything organic that doesn't have protection."

"Yes, of course," Hitohoshi responded. "I remember being instructed on various ways things could go wrong." She's donned her armor in much the same way Effy had, and gets to work checking settings and making sure the fit is the best it can be.

Effy did the same, then nodded to Hitohoshi, "Looks like we're fitted and ready. Want to wait for orders?"

"Well... can't think of anything better to do." Hitohoshi shrugs. "Think there's enough time to grab some paint and mark the shoulders on this thing? Or... nah, I can save that for later."

Effy hid a smile behind a hand, then realized it couldn't be seen anyway behind her helmet, so she dropped her hand and said, "Maybe if you get Captain's permission... Well, regulations say not to but you can always hear it from the Taisa's mouth instead of me!"

"Stupid regulations... yeah, I'll have to ask later when she's not busy doing... Captain things. For now, I think I'll just practice my armor use, and await further directions."

"Same," Effy agreed.

Bersk’s core booted up slowly, first powering up his logistics modules before moving on to the rest. He grabbed the cords and carefully disconnected them before walking away from his charging station. Having to power off was a mandatory step in wormhole transportation that was programmed into him. He walked about the ship until he was at the bridge.

“Good Day, Captain. Is there any way I can service you at this time?” He asked as his sensors observed the area.

Bridge

Katae turned towards Bersk. She knew that they had a mechanical crew member, but until now there had been no sign of it. "Good day, Eternity should have downloaded our mission parameters to you. We are putting together an away team to investigate the structure in orbit over the planet. Fortunately you will not need to engage in EVA activities. We will be using the Transfer Vortex our allies have to board the station.

Report to the XO there. She will determine what supplies or weapon load she deems appropriate for you."

Armor Bay

In the Armor Bay a Volumetric Display appeared.
Aeon Away team members mandatory load out for mission is as a follows.
* Ke-M2-3A "Mindy" Power Armor
* Ke-M2-W2913 Aether/Scalar Submachine Gun
* Optional items require authorization.

Upon completion of system and weapon check report to the cargo hold. Line up by the vortex that is present. You will see the Clan team members waiting on the other side. A VCMAD-T drone is programmed and waiting for the team.

Tubes

The MARI relayed the diagnostic on the module. There was several faults indicated. Most of them were minor deviations from proper settings, but combined they caused the module to not be reliable. The MARI suggested that the module be replace with a new one.

YSS Aeon
Starship's Tunnel System

"Damn!" The technician's voice hissed through the tunnel-like crawlspace quietly. And of course I forgot to get a spare myself... Unless... She checked the MARI's systems. Yes! It had a spare! With little more in the vein of messing around, Arete ordered the MARI unit to disconnect the faulty module from its socket, then replace the new, fully-functioning module while the Elysian held onto the defunct one herself.

Crawling through the pipelike network, Arete sent a message to both Hisa and the bridge: "This is Surinus-Hei, reporting. The Combined Field System module has been replaced and will be fully functional momentarily." Momentarily, indeed. By the time she would have worked her wy out of the aintenance tunnels, the module would have been booted up and resynchronized with the rest of the starship.

Engineering
Arete sighed a little bit as she set the busted module down onto a countertop, dusting off the front of her red-paneled uniform instinctively and then saluting her senior politely. "The whole thing was busted beyond repair, unfortunately. That's one spare down, and we've just started." She noted this fact firmly and with a bit of disappointment.

Engineering

Hisa turned to fast Arete. "No need to salute down here, besides I'm Juni not an Officer." She said with wry grin. "I'll have one of the drones take that down to fabrication to recycle it.

Meanwhile, we are going to send an away team over to some alien structure. I would love to go, but can't leave. So how about you. Up to the challenge of checking out the structure with the away team?"

YSS Aeon
Power Armor Bay

Effy looked for her new friend Hitohoshi-hei as she worked through the motions of the weapons and safety checks on her suit and A/S SMG, but to no avail.

"Hmmmph," the young diplomat thought to herself. "I guess I'm riding solo this time."

Her body was not as strong as a Nekovalkyrja's, but her suit compensated for that readily and she was able to spring up and around with ease and comfort. On top of that, basic training and SAINT's extensive operational training measures made her a capable and fit soldier. She clenched her SMG and found a place forward-facing in the cargo hold, awaiting a team commander. Her eyes were also on the volumetric displays, body language of her team mates, and the cargo hold's doors. She did this by setting up several square visual displays that compartmentalized the different information her suit's cameras and sensors were processing. She compensated for her lack of digital mind by being quick witted and thinking for the future while in her Mindy 3A. While watching all of these visuals and statistics, she decided to speak out.

"Effy Penihatolapsoa-hei standing by in cargo hold of YSS Aeon," she spoke out to open comms.

YSS Aeon
Engineering

"Are you sure you won't need me up here in case something else breaks down, or...?" Her voice trailed off after a moment. It's entirely possible... Yeah. "They might need the assistance of a technician, actually. If you're alright, I will head down." With that, Arete still saluted again - apparently a bit of a habit - and made time towards the ship's Power Armor bay - should she not be interrupted on her transition in.

Power Armor Bay

The Elysian technician slipped in through the doors to the bay quietly, a smile creeping onto her face when she saw Sif getting ready to suit up. She wasn't the most comfortable in a Mindy, since she didn't have to use it too often, but she still generally knew what she was doing. The Mindy was pretty bare compared to the others in the bay, though - aside from spare capacitors on her arm hardpoints and a couple of NSB bays on her legs, the most interesting thing would be the equipment module on the armor's back. Normally it was used to store ammunition, but the little elysian had opted for some spare parts and tools for any sort of in-field repair work she might need to do. I should really see if I can put spare Zesuanium plates in, she thought, That would let me replace actual armor while we're out!

The Santo Hei spent perhaps half of a minute to wiggle out of her AMES, the cool air of the bay brushing against her as she stepped, in her underwear, from one protective piece of equipment to another - more easily settling into the gelled interior of her Mindy as its plating closed around her. "Let's make sure everything is running, shall we..." She thought aloud this time, going over the systems of her armor almost meticulously.

Tagging @Ethereal because XenForo probably forgot to give him notifications or something...

Power Armor Bay

Rein Sif's combat boots thundered down the corridor as he sprinted steadily towards the zone they had been called to. The bulky man managed to get himself turned around more than once after being delayed talking to a few members of the crew who were admittedly just trying to be helpful.

He almost felt bad for snapping at the last one, a youngish guy who was just trying to start a dialogue. 'Whatever', he thought, brushing it off as if it was nothing. In no time, the longer-haired soldier came to the doors and swept inside with the thump of rubber heels.

Surveying the tech-filled room he realised with coal-toned eyes that he was about to be thrown into the thick of it with people that were currently strangers to him. 'Hrrrm' the hesitation was quickly thrown free, he'd been in worse scrapes without any armor suit. This would be more than fine.

Pausing to give the silvery Mindy before him a brief look, Rein ran his fingers across the cool metal, tattoos poking out a little as the fabric of his shirt moved. In a blur of motion, suddenly he was inside and ready. "I wonder where Arete is right now.." The bear of a man muttered to nobody in particular, this thought slipping past his lips unlike the others that had crossed his brimming mind.

Yup, thanks Arbs
XenForo isn't the most reliable for me

Power Armor Bay

Kahen Yani entered the Bay and crossed over to her assigned armor. She removed the uniform items that she would not need and put them into the locker next to her armor. She then slid into the armor with practiced ease. When her spine connected to the armor, she initialized the suit and updated the mission data. She accessed the supplies, and added the Ke-M2-E3000 LSP. She then added Ke-M2-W2903 NSD Upper Leg Hangers. Once all her suit systems reported operational she disengaged from the docking station.

She walked over to where the others were waiting. "Okay team, I am Kahen Yani-Ittô Juni, I'll be the team lead for this mission. So far this should be a recon mission. There haven't been and signs of activity on the station. But that could change as soon as we arrive. We'll be transferring over to our allies ship through this portal." she said. As a flash of light briefly flared and an opening in mid air appeared that showed the interior of the Yome. "Once we are all safely over, they will close this portal and reconfigure to put us into that structure. Best way to go through the vortex as they call it is to do a small jump to clear the horizon. If you are ready, then follow me."

She signaled to the Yome that she was coming through and took several steps and hopped into the hole in space. She landed on the deck of the Yome and took several steps. She then turned to face her team and signaled for them to follow.

YSS Aeon
Power Armor Bay

Arete looked around a bit nervously at first. The way that this woman seemed so... cavalier about the portals, when there was a big fuss going on just trying to get the Aeon herself into the area was a bit unsettling. But regardless, Yani-Juni had gone through without incident. So it had to work, right? The tiny elysian looked around again before fixing her eyes on Sif, and smiling under her helmet. I'm sure it'll be fine...

Arete Surinus took a deep, even breath, and her wings wrapped around her like an armored sheet to reduce her profile. She patted her back, where her weapon was slung to keep her from having to hold it all the time, and stepped forward. "Santo Hei Surinus, stepping through." Her speech was clear and concise, and she sprung forward a couple of meters, slipping through the tear in space linking the two starships. Stumbling for but a moment as she landed in the Yome, she steadied herself quickly and made sure every part of her and her equipment was still intact.

Power Armor Bay

As the flash of light flared and was followed then by an opening, Effy took a breath in. She ran a second diagnostic check since being in the cargo hold area and looked away from the maw of an opening and to her HUD's readings.

"Oh, uh," Effy slightly murmured as she looked into the interior of the Yome. "I-I..." she halted, looking down, still, "...believe I am ready." The statuesque Elf stood in her armor, ready and waiting for her own courage to muster before making the final jump, as per instructed, landing in the forward-facing part of the landing zone with the Yome.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back