• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 10.1] Diving into the Fray

Power Armor Bay

With a handful of forerunners taking their steps out into the rift, Rein gave his plated appendages one last look over, grumbling to himself a little. With a chuckle, the infantryman unslung his weapon from where it was stowed across his back, letting it fall into his gauntleted hands with a satisfying 'thunk'.

"Time to go." He remarked, taking a few paces to the exit, speeding up with each as he did. Admittedly, this was his first combat mission but this was definitely not his first fight. Following the rest of his squad, the bulky man jumped feet first with supreme confidence, landing hard on the other side with a 'clang' as his feet smacked the metal beneath. The tattooed Nepleslian was raring for a scrap.

Yome Armor Bay

Once the last of the Aeon team members crossed onto the clan vessel, the leader of the the clan's team spoke. "Welcome aboard, glad everyone made it through without incident. I am Sâvyjo'ka Keyul Aaeas, this is Sâvyjo'ka La'tâ Qoji." Keyul then activated his communicator. "Bridge, all of the Aeon members are present. Reconfigure the transfer vortex to the structure." With something that sounded like a small clap of thunder the vortex vanished. Then a humming started and grew until a new vortex appeared. The view on the other side was dark, the light from the Yome's bay cast some illumination. It appeared to be an open area, but there was definite signs of damage. Structural beams were hanging from various points.

Starship Yome

Arete eyed the portal... rift... Thing, quite nervously in fact. "Is that the right place? We'll need to be careful then..." She didn't plan on heading through unless she knew it was the right place - and once she knew that it was time to go. Sometimes command likes to have people wait unnecessarily...

Yome Armor Bay

Effy glanced at those hesitating and those going through and could almost feel the fear in her stomach bubbling. Nonetheless, she used her suit's capabilities to find her way through. She faltered once she was in the designated landing zone, but her suit compensated and she only looked and felt like she was falling for a moment. Her arm with her A/S SMG held tight to her body while her other loomed to her side and she looked like she was walking on a tightrope as she carefully picked her floating path slowly and carefully before turning to face the vortex as she was nearby it, still.

Yome Armor Bay

Keyul watched as Memi a member of his team arrived in the armor bay. He was glad to see the ship's Chronicler, but also knew that he would have to keep an eye on him. "Memi, you get to stay towards the rear of the operation. You'll be controlling a remote unit that will be use for recon and recording." He said pointing to the floating oval disc. "You should be able to sync it to your comm system."

Memi was relieved to be told that he would be behind the group. Combat was not something he was comfortable with, and he was still dealing with his last major outburst in combat. "I'll get the unit synced up right away Sar." He said to Keyul and began the process.

Keyul turned towards Yani. "I recommend we handle the matter of command by using squads. I'll lead my squad, you can lead the overall group, and should designate a leader for your team. That way the individuals will be under folks they are familiar with for now."

Yani nodded to the leader of the Clan team. "That is probably a good way to proceed. I'll give you my choice in a moment." She turned to her crew, fall in behind me. We will be going through the vortex after we send the drones forward." With that she sent command to the VCMAD-T which had been configured for Video Recon and Chemical analysis.

The Clan drone moved towards the vortex with a bit of a wobble as Memi worked on controlling it.

Yome Armor Bay

"Apote, greetings everyone." La'tâ elected not to salute, but rather to wave to those who arrived at the armor bay. She did not make a big fuss but instead once their IFF systems were in line, she tried to identify the species of each member and keep it in mind, in case of injury.

Even if she were not in the Anoka'ano Dahome, there would not have been a lot of expression on her face, especially not before a mission. Instead her eyes were soon focused on the portal as she took note of what she could.

Aeon Bridge

Yoshiro kept his eye on the sensors as he stretched his arms. He had been at this awhile and he was still getting used to navigating the ship and sitting in the navigator's chair for long periods of time. "Eternity, what time is it?" He asked as he stood up for a moment to ease the stiffness in his back. "Could use a cup of tea or something." He then sat back down ready to tackle the rest of the mission.

Bridge

Katae looked at the Yoshiro. She also considered the away team requirements. She sent a communication to Qaedal Aaeas.

"Yoshiro, Yani is going to need someone to act as a squad leader for our crew members. As one of the senior enlisted, this is an opportunity for you. Grab your power armor and take one of our shuttles over to the Yome. You can join up with them there. For the time being we are just sitting in space so I can handle the Aeon, or bring one of the others up if necessary."

Bridge-

"Aye, taisa." He said, getting up out of the navigator's chair. He was going to have a new responsibility and that meant he had to be on his A game. He bowed to Katae and headed to the armor bay where the shuttle was waiting. He was nervous since he didn't have experience but he swore quietly to himself that he would do his best.

Armor bay-

He arrived at his armor and he did a quick check before activating the entry process. He stepped into his armor and put it on. He took the general issue combat gear and grabbed his helmet. After checking his gear he boarded the shuttle and prepared for his first mission as a squad leader. "All set. Let's get moving." Yoshiro said to the pilot and sat down. He was nervous as all heck. Piloting had to be easier than leading people but he had to do it and he would do whatever it took to do his job properly.

Effy's paranoia from the lounge on the YSS Aeon was back in a little dose as she asked over comms, "Is everyone coming? Should I come back? Am I alone out here right now?" She inched closer to the vortex's opening, not knowing if they were a two-way street or if she would get hindered by it in some way by going the wrong direction.

"This is Effy Penihatolapsoa-hei, wondering if I followed orders?" she asked timidly into team comms.

Yome Armor Bay

Yani looked around and noticed that one of her crew was no longer in the interior of the clan vessel. "Penihatolapsoa-Hei, hold your position. You jumped the gun as it were. Stay near the vortex aperture at your end." She turned to the other members of the Aeon crew. "The Taisa has sent another Aeon member to act as Squad leader."

She turned to Keyul. "If you and your people want to transfer to the structure. Proceed. But stay near the aperture."

Shuttle

Shina-Heisho launched the T8 shuttle once Yoshiro was safely in the flight chair.
"It won't take long to get you over to the Yome. " She said as she followed a least time trajectory, once she was close to the Yome, she started reverse thrusting to bring the shuttle to a stop inside the Clan's Shuttle bay. "Good luck, Keep your eyes open." She said to Yoshiro as she opened the shuttle hatch.

Shuttle-

Yoshiro got ready to step off the ship. "Thanks for the ride, Shina-heisho. Appreciate it." He said, bowing and then stepping off the shuttle into the Yome Armor bay. He grabbed his helmet and then walked over to meet with the team that he was supposed to help as a squad leader.

Yome Armor Bay-

He walked over to Yani and bowed. "Tanaka-Nito Heisho, reporting for duty. " he said. "Where do you need me?" He asked.

Yome. Armor Bay

Yani turned to Yoshiro. "We are about to enter the station. Well to be precise we have one member already on the station."

She turned to Keyul, "Aaeas-sar, kindly take your team members through the vortex. The Aeon members will follow after you folks."

She turned to the Aeon members, "Line up behind Tanaka-San. Be ready to pass through the Transfer Vortex. "

Keyul moved to the vortex barrier. "La'tâ after me, be quick about it. Memi, you come after her. Send the drone through before you." He then stepped through the vortex and appeared next to Effy. "You might wish to step aside. The rest of the team will be coming through shortly." He looked around the chamber they were in. There was plenty of destruction and damage. But only a closer examination would help them to determine the source of the damage.

Yome Armor Bay

La'tâ gave a nod to Keyul and then waited a moment to make sure he was out of the way before she walked through herself. It was a sensation that took some getting used to, but thankfully she had the time to do just that over her training and career, so she wasn't nauseated by the strange sensation. Once she was on the other side, she moved over to Keyul and began with her habit of looking at the sensor data to make sure it was all clear.

Aeon Armor Bay

Misaki double checked her stored armor and ran another quick check on their inventory before closing those connections. The officer patched herself to the bridge after that, "The team is away, if you want someone to watch the back of the fresh squad leader, I can catch up after the jump. If not I would like to return to the bridge." It had been too long in her opinion since her last infiltration mission, and the activity they had ended up in back in that jungle really had not counted in her mind.

Wormholes gave her a moment of pause, though she had enough trust their allies were comfortable with them and had observed no obvious faults with the technology, not that it was at all her area of expertise. The times she had used teleportation pods had never bothered her. The veteran wondered if there would be a sensation associated with the crossing, but imagined it felt more instantaneous, much like the short distance jumps she used to make in combat in the last war.

Yome Armor Bay

Yoshiro followed his team and waited as he was ordered. He put on his helmet and activated the systems that would help him. Okay, you need to calm your nerves and get your head in the game. Yoshiro said to himself. He was as nervous as heck and lord knew that he didn't want to screw anything up. He was a soldier of the Empire and he was going to perform as one. "Ready to go." He said.

Effy hopped quickly aside with a soft, "Undersood!" She took a few steps back before standing stock still and remaining with her eyes affixed to the transfer vortex.

Yome Armor Bay

The undersized elysian technician, clad in the protective Mindy armor similar to those around her, trembled just a little bit - in anticipation, or fear, or perhaps both... It was hard to tell from the outside. She held her position, though; Arete was awaiting the command to step into the vortex before her.

Yome Armor Bay

Yani looked around after being certain her team was ready, she called out "Let's get moving." She approached the vortex and hopped through it into the derelict.

The transition was less noticeable the second time. She continue moving forward and then to the side. She started looking around and deployed her NSB's and surveyed the area.

The chamber she was standing in was large enough to fit several of the Repair bays from their Ikoi Light Starbase. She estimated the chamber was at least 3km in diameter. The atmosphere was breathable, however the temp was just a bit above freezing. There was no sign of air circulation. As noted before she went through there were definite indications of structural damage. A number of large beams had fallen from the ceiling. There were at least three structures that rose out of the floor. It seemed that some of them had scorch marks, possibly the result of an explosion, or some sort of weapon fire.

Bridge

Katae listened to Misaki's statement. She activated her comm, "Negative Misaki, keep your armor on and take the Tenba, configure her for stealth. If you run into anything, she'll give you protection. Some one built that structure, but we aren't getting any signs of civilization in the system. I want you to do a close recon on the planet closest to the structure. "

Yome Armor bay-

Yoshiro follwed Yani through the vortex and arrived at the derelict a second behind Yani. He looked around and sighed as he scanned the immediate area with an NSB of his own. He noticed that the Elysian with them was a bit nervous. He walked over to the Elysian and tapped her gently on the shoulder. "Hey, what is your name?" He asked her. "My name is Yoshiro. Are you doing okay?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back