• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.1] The Torchbearers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 11] The Torchbearers

Bridge

After receiving the status report from the away team, Sune sent the following.

"Eucharis to Power Armor team. Since all team members are fine and operational. Your orders are to return to the ship immediately. Sending a shuttle to retrieve you would only put more people at risk if any more battlepods arrive. Your expedient return will allow us to depart upon your arrival."

He did another check of the sensors, then turned to Hanako. "Probe delivered safely ma'am. Armor Team has been recalled. Should we stand the fleet down to Condition 3 or hold at Condition 2?"

"Roger, Armor Team returning." Mikael transmitted back to Sune. He frowned for a sec as he switched channels. "Back to the Eucharis boys and girl. Wedge formation, I'll take point. .1c accelaration, don't need to caught off guard." He said transmitting to his team. He frowned again, considering his what just said.

"They really need to either make a faster drive for this suit or make a larger Mindy.." as they made their way to the Eucharis.

"This is Papadopoulos. I'm still alive. Returning to the Eucharis." Michael frowned, lazily changing course and cruising towards the Plumeria-class gunship. He had lost his rifle.

Kiko fell into formation behind Mikael and kept an eye out for more battlepods.

Eucharis Bridge

"Once all armors and fighters are recovered," Hanako ordered, "we will fold to HX-5. Once we determine the system is still empty, we can go to condition three and hand out some year-end gifts before heading into the UOC proper."

Engineering

"No, Endoh-Heisho. They were inspected and typical maintenance was done, but no repairs had to be made to those systems. Just to the Cargo Bay and some hallways' internal sensors, and those had nothing to do with the external ship detection." Yaichiro texted Hanako after this, with the report.

Code:
Taisa, scans of the sensor systems thus far show no abnormalities, though interference and jamming from outside the ship is detected and speculated to be the cause.  It corresponds to the type causing the UOC blackout.

Also, we're prepared to fold to HX-5 upon return of our personnel as ordered.

Mikael started to reduce speed once the team was close to the gunship's Power Armor Bay door. He slowed to a stop and motioned the team to enter. "You two enter first." he communicated to them.

"Acknowledged," Kiko said. She piloted her Mindy into the armor bay, put in the pose it was in when she got in, and waited for the room to repressurize.

Michael followed after Kiko, landing his Hikael, being sure to leave enough room in front of him to allow himself to exit the armor.

Bridge

While Sune was monitoring the arrival of the Armor team, he had Charisma transmit to the fleet the coordinates for the fleet jump. He let the MEGAMI take care of the precise coordinates that were necessary to ensure that each ship emerged in its proper position upon emergence to normal space.

"Armor team is boarding Taisa. I have had Charisma coordinate our jump to system HX-5 with the rest of the fleet. Once the last member of the Armor team is onboard, the fleet will be ready to depart on your command." he said to Hanako.

With both of his fellow infantrymen safely in the Power Armor Bay, he quickly dropped himself in and gave the command to Charisma to re-pressurize the Bay. "Armor Team has boarded sir." Mikael radioed the bridge.

Once it was safe for them to breathe without their suits, he took off his helmet and proceeded to walk over to where his suit was stored. He proceeded to disembark from the suit so he could begin repairs on it. "Once you two are out of your suits, be sure to put on AMES suits." he said as he noticed the Condition 2 indicators.

Eucharis Bridge

Once the armor team was aboard, Hanako ordered the fold jump to HX-5. The uninhabited system put them in clear and easy jump range of Mitsuya and Yuukan. The Task Force appeared near the system's quiet gas giant. After some scouting, the system was verified clear of enemy forces and the Taisa moved the ship over to one of the gas giant's moon...a lush-looking green and blue one. She deployed the Orbital Geologic Survey Platform into orbit over it.

"This is the captain. Set condition 3," Hanako said over the intercom. "I have some year-end holiday gifts for you! Report to the cargo bay to claim yours," she announced.

The Taisa went down to the cargo bay and opened up the container where she'd hidden the goods.

Mikael looked up at the intercom and he had finally pulled himself out of the Daisy he used. He waited when he felt the drives gather the energy to commence the fold. "Well nevermind that now. Off to collect our rewards then." He walked towards the exit and just stood there waiting for the two to exit first.

Kiko strode ahead when Mikael paused. "Do we still get yearly gifts if we came aboard recently?" She asked quietly, leading the way to the cargo bay.

Engineering

Takeyu glanced up at the ceiling and then smiled weakly. "Mmm... gifts?" he blinked and got up from his seat. He typed in another set of commands, to run a more comprehensive scan of the mixed sensor array along with the mass detector. "Call me paranoid," he said as he finished typing in the command and then stood up straighter and looked over at the generators.

Then he started for the door.

Kumiko kicked off a scan of her own, though she was scanning other systems for possible signs of interference, just to corroborate if nothing else. She smiled, and followed Takeyu. "Paranoid is only paranoid if you're wrong, remember. And if you're right, it's a very good thing to know, isn't it?"

Eucharis Cargo Bay

Taisa Hanako felt cheerful. She looked over the gifts she'd selected. Although it would have been nice to something unique for everyone, with 17 crew members (including herself) she'd opted to get everyone the same thing so no one felt left out. She'd got them a sword, a multi-tool, a personalized jacket, ultra-nice bedding, and a very rare bottle of wine.

She waited for more of the crew to arrive before starting to hand anything out. As she stood there in the dimly-bit bay, she contemplated how the year was finally coming to a close and Eucharis was starting her fourth year of service. Where did the time go? Where would she go form here?

Code:
  * [[yamatai:tamahagane:products:ta-w1-2a|Ceremonial Katana]]
  * [[:ulti-tool_multiple_purpose_tool|Ulti-Tool]]
  * Personalized Leather Bomber Jacket with fur collar and patches from the Eucharis and all previous ships each character has been on
  * Fur Comforter with silk backing
  * Bottle of Wine, Limited Edition YE 32 Fortified Sakura Blush (1 of only 32 bottles produced)

Eucharis Bridge

Sune watched Hanako depart for the cargo area. He smiled after she left at how she was looking forward to giving her gifts. It was a trait she rarely got to indulge so when she did, she did it large. Damn, my gifts... He picked up his communicator and quickly typed a message to Hanako.

Taisa,
I can not leave the bridge, as you know regulations require the bridge to be manned. My gifts for the rest of the crew are in a container with my name on it. I would appreciate it if you would do me a favor. Open the container and let them know their gifts are there. Each Year End gift has been marked for whom it is intended.

I will come down and get retrieve my gift from you when the situation permits.

Thank you, June-Shoi

After sending his message, he set about to monitoring the ship systems and the sensors.

Mikael looked at Kiko and just slightly smiled. "Well there is only one way to find out then, yes?" he said to her. Before he departed for the Cargo Bay with her, he looked at Michael. "Coming Papadopoulos?" he said looking over his shoulder as he left.

He arrived at the Cargo Bay soon afterwards and assumed his usual position in the rear of the rest. When he saw what the gifts were, he just chocked his head to the right slightly confused. "Wow.." was the only thing he could muster out of his mouth in genuine surprise.

Eucharis Cargo Bay

Hanako send Sune a confirmation message and did as he requested, giving out the rings and board games to those present. "These are Sune's gifts. He is watching the bridge at present. Did you have anything to give the crew?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back