• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.3] Back Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeyu continued to write his report and was constantly cross-checking everything he wrote to make certain he did not make any partial or even damaging mistakes.

He looked through his power armors combat and damage logs, finding details that he hadn't noticed beforehand. He hadn't realized just how much damage his power armor had actually taken due to his focus being on combat at the time. Wow... he thought with amazement.

As he put the finishing touches, he was about to send it, then realized that he had forgotten to attach the message from Micheal and his response to it.

With the report sent, Takeyu relaxed a bit to allow the fluid to do its job though he was nervous about how the report might be percieved but if anyone had any questions he figured he would be approuch. He noticed Micheal outside of the tank, and though he was thankful the soldier was alive - to learn from his mistakes - he was still concerned about him. Might be a good idea, provided the Taisa doesn't throw him off the ship possibly, to pull him aside at some point and talk to him.

MedBay

"Papadopoulos-Hei, up on the table closest to me. Inoue-Hei over on the table that Blueberry-Chui is working." Sune called out to Michael seeing as none of the rest of the crew volunteered. He tapped his Uno Sunglasses so that he could monitor the reconstruction process and the status of the two patients.

As he waited for the next patients to get on the tables, he sent a brief message to Hanako informing her of the away team member status.

Engineering

Hanako stopped a moment to use the intercom. "Thank you for the reports," Hanako all those who had written up their accounts. "Shosa Klein, please report to my cabin in 5 minutes. With that taken care of, the Taisa went to Junko.

"Junko! Did you know you just saved the ship? That anti-matter explosion would have been really bad for us if the CFS was not repaired. I wanted to thank you personally."

"Uh... Yes, Taisa." Helen spoke, as she stepped into engineering and looked entirely baffled. She had already been en route to meet Hanako, but it seemed that an awkward order had just been tossed her way. "If you'll excuse me." Helen said simply before stepping back out of the engineering compartment, to head to Hanako's cabin. As she drifted through the ship, she could not help but to wonder about her future prospects involving the ship, the Taisa, and the crew. She longed for her old command at times, and at the moment which Helen resided in, she most certainly missed it.

Having lurched to an abrupt sort of attention when the Taisa suddenly appeared, Junko now stood silent, rapidly trying to formulate something to say rather than continue staring stupidly.

"Saved the ship, ma'am?" she said. The concept was a little more than she could picture. From her limited perspective she had merely been performing damage control, lacking the larger context of battle.

"I suppose, I mean, if you put it that way..."

Running out of words again, she defaulted to formality and bowed deeply. "It is an honor to serve, ma'am."

Kumiko frowned, tapping something into her keyboard. "Now that you mention it... it did seem as though our shielding went down much faster then it should've. I didn't notice at first, since we've been getting in over our head so much lately, but you're right now that I think about it." She started bringing up the internal ship logs of systems usage, scanning through them to try and see if there was anything in the power levels or something like that to indicate a problem. "Did you notice anything that might've caused it?"

5 Minutes Later, in Hanako’s Cabin

“You knew this was coming,” Hanako said, locking eyes with Helen. “Your investigation here has come to an end. I cannot say anything productive has come of your study of Yaichiro, other than giving him a release for his carnal energies. We are both captains used to being in full command; as I discovered working with captain Sydney, that can disrupt things. With that in mind, I ask that you return to your ship or wherever the Star Army needs you after it is decommissioned.”

Yeah, Helen saw it coming, but she did not care about how livid Hanako was, because there was one thing for sure, she was wrong about something, and so, she had to make the situation clear, her duty was not complete. "Taisa, ma'am, my investigation was assigned to me by someone who is your superior, I can not abandon my assignment." Helen's gaze locked with Hanako's, there was no fear of the Princess present in her eyes, there was only a resolve that spoke of Helen's commitment to her duty.

"Ma'am, my investigation here was for a simple task, to find out if Kage Yaichiro posed a threat to you, or the Empire, due to his activities outside of the boundaries of his duties. As it stands, if I were to terminate my investigation at this moment, I would be forced to report incomplete findings which may endanger Yaichiro's career, and may even threaten his interests beyond his duties as well. I, as a professional and as an officer in service to our Empire, would not want to implicate a fellow officer without just cause." Helen explained calmly, as she weighed the full scope of the situation, which brought her to her next point.

"Furthermore, Taisa, if my method of commanding your crew in the field is unfavorable, I would not be opposed to direction from you. I recognize your authority, and would not be opposed to following your directions and orders while in service aboard your ship, as any officer should. Though, Taisa, I would like to indicate that just like any officer or soldier, I am a resource, and I am only as useful as you allow me to be. If you wish to dismiss me offhandedly that is fine, though, that leaves me unable to report my observations regarding the effectiveness of your crew, and their impact upon the missions in which this ship undertakes. I would also be unable to assist you in what seems to be a difficult juncture for the Empire, and your ship, ma'am." While Helen disliked being aboard the Eucharis on a personal level, there was still the matter of her professional commitments, which she was not about to skirt around.

"Beyond the scope of my assignment, and my duty, Taisa... I must acknowledge though that I can understand your desire to see me off of your ship, and on a personal level, I share that desire. It is hard to adjust to a new chain of command, as it must be difficult to adjust to a new officer when you were likely comfortable with your crew arrangement prior to my arrival. Forgive me for upsetting the order of things aboard your ship, however, ma'am, I am only here to serve our Empire." After Helen's statement, she bowed respectfully to Hanako. It was a sincere gesture, but deep inside, Helen disliked being forced into such a submissive position... but it was for her duty, and in a sense, Hanako embodied that duty due to her position as Princess. Upon rising from bowing, Helen looked upon Hanako with that same duty-bound resolve, waiting to see how Hanako would react, and if she should even bother to make an oral report about the incident on the station.

Power Armor Bay

Mikael finally got himself out of his banged up Daisy and patted himself over. A few areas stung when he touched them, but he sighed a bit when he looked at his hands and only noticed some blood. He looked it his armor for a few moments before hit patted it and headed towards the Med Lab to patch himself up.

He arrived into the Medical Lab a few minutes later. He noticed Michael, but proceeded to ignore him. Besides being to focused on finding bandages, he really wasn't in the mood to deal with the Elysian. He noticed Takeyu in the tank. He walked up to it and gave a deep bow in his attempt to thank him. Mikael then proceeded to return to his bandage hunt.

Medical bay

While Sune waited for Michael to get on the medical table, he noticed Mikael rummaging around. He spotted blood on his hand.

"Harris-Hei, come here and let me take a look at your hand?"

Michael bowed to Sune, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I am fine. I do not require any medical assistance, nor do I deserve it, and nor would I accept it right now. I request permission to return to confinement inside my quarters now."

Yaichiro listened in on the conversation, by having Charisma relay the sound outside the tank to him via telepathy. There were all kinds of interesting things he could do with Charisma's link, though monitoring the bridge for communications from Hanako might become necessary if she declined his going to the bridge for his Adviser duties. Regardless, when he heard Micheal speak, he made sure to speak through the rebreather...if he couldn't be heard, Charisma would relay the message for him.

"Papadopoulos-Hei...you made a mistake. You let yourself be absorbed by emotion and lost sight of everything else in the fight...but if you simply allow yourself to remain injured and unready for combat, that is also a mistake.

We can be attacked on a whim depending on how the UOC interprets our actions, or if the NMX come to take advantage of the loss of jamming for their own ends...anything and everything can happen, and you must be prepared if it is within your ability. "I will maintain my mind, body, and equipment in constant readiness" is part of the creed all SAoY soldiers live by, and it is for good reason. It is because we must be relied upon at any time to aid our comrades in any situation.

If you don't like how you performed, then look at your actions and motivations. Re-evaluate and improve yourself. One of the worst things you can do after a failure like this is to do nothing and to let it consume you. I didn't attain my rank on my piloting skills, but I can at least tell you that much."

Yaichiro spoke as if it were a lesson hard learned, something he had picked up from personal experience...a year and a half rusting away in the Imperial Museum when he could have been useful elsewhere in the Army had left him with more than a few regrets.

Junko was still standing near her station, dizzied by the abruptness of the Taisa's arrival and the equal abruptness of her departure. She glanced over at Kumiko, wondering if her colleague had any insight into what had just happened. Whatever the case, she slowly sat down. Standing wasn't going to get any more work done. The general systems display still showed minor damage left around the ship, including some hull breaches in the Cargo Bay and some structural damage in the Armor Bay.

“It looks like there's still some minor damage control for us to do,” she said, turning to look in the direction of Kumiko. “Should I handle it or do you want to get out of here for a bit?”

Sune looked at Michael, it was obvious that the Elysian was bothered by something, but he would be damned if he was not going to fulfill his function as acting medic.

"Papadopoulos-Hei, I do not know yet what transpired on that station. But it is my responsibility to ensure that EVERY crew member on the Eucharis is ready to serve the Empire since we do not have a dedicated medic. So I am going to make this clear.

You are hereby ordered to submit to medical examination and treatment immediately. If you refuse, instead of seeing the cabin, you will be placed into one of the confinement cells here in the Medbay until such time as that Taisa sees fit to convene a Captain's Mast. Now what is it going to be?"

Takeyu had to shake his head, thanks to the systems onboard he did hear what was going on and was about to respond, but heard Yaichiro beat him to it and gave a depressing sigh.

He wanted to say something to the Elysian, but Yaichiro had pretty much said what he was going to say and he knew Sune wasn't about to let the Elysian just walk away.

"Charisma whats the status on the data transfer from my drones ma'am?" He asked, and got a reply back and floated there in thought. Slow transfer... wonder if the damage to the suit is the cause.. he muttered and lifted his head and glanced off to Yaichiro before glancing back over at Papadopoulos-Hei.

"Listen to the Chui, Papadopoulos-Hei, if you allow an injury to go untreaed it'll only get worse. Punishing yourself for your actions won't make you any better," he spoke from experience, though he wasn't going to speak of it - some matters he felt had to remain secret and he didn't fully trust Micheal as of yet, as the only person he could trust his past to was Yaichiro and Junko, whom were the only two he had yet spoken to about it.

Hanako’s Cabin

Hanako remained cool and detached. "I am dismissing you. You cannot remain because you are disruptive. When we arrive at Veronica you will return to YC-28," she told Helen. "These are my orders, and you must obey them."

Medical Lab

"It is not my hands sir. It's just a few wounds on my right side of my torso and left thigh. Nothing some self-aid can not fix for now." Mikael said as he finally found a few bandage packs, medical tape, and scissors. He moved to a corner of the room so he was out of the way for more important procedures.

"Besides I think he is a bigger issue sir." Mikael tilted his head towards the Elysian.

Medical Bay

"Are you going to start trying to practice medicine too now." Blueberry said walking over to Mikael. "Let me tend to your injuries, and do a medical scan on you to make sure you are not suffering from Radiation. Are you trained in the latest techniques of radiation treatment?" She held up the PMS-1 hypospray.

-------------------------------------------

Sune pulled out the medical items he would need to treat the Elysian if he chose to be reasonable. He also was composing a message to be sent to Hanako containing the recent actions of Michael. He would only send it if the Elysian continued to refuse treatment, and had to be put in the containment cells.

Hanako's Cabin

"Hai hime, watashi wa yotō no ichizoku no daihyō-sha ga watashi ni atae rareta junjo ni shitagaimasu." Helen spoke in Yamataian, breaking from Trade as she bowed deeply to Hanako, after addressing her not as a Taisa, but as a princess. "Ma'am, I would request your order be submitted in electronic and hard-copy writing for the purpose of indicating the order to my superior, furthermore, I follow this order as one given by a Princess of our Empire, since that would be the only way in which I would be obligated to follow the order to abandon the mission given to me by my, and your, superior within the structure of the Star Army." Helen spoke, with respectful firmness in her voice. Though, to Helen, Hanako was quite presumptuous, and she wondered if the Taisa would ever be able to function if she were not also a princess.

"Taisa, when we arrive in Veronica, I will return to serving our Empire aboard the YC-28. I thank you, Taisa, for the hospitality in which you have displayed during my short term of service aboard your ship, and I wish you the best during the future endeavors of this ship and crew." Another bow came from Helen, before she stood at attention, and waited for dismissal.

Takeyu crossed his arms over themselve and impatiently stared at Micheal, waiting for the soldier to listen to his superior officer. He was already getting irritated as is and his expression of annoyance was rather showing.

Am I going to have to break out of his tube and pull his sorry butt over to one of those tables? he wondered to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…