• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 13.1] Ghost Towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Mission 13] Ghost Towns

YSS Eucharis - Cargo Bay

It was a mess, a terrible mess, that was all Helen could really sum up in her mind about the subject as she stowed her motorcycle in the cargo hold, and went about grabbing her things from her saddle bags, slipping them into the large backpack she wore. After putting her helmet on her bike and securing it down, she took inventory in the cargo hold in regard to her own belongings. She was fortunate, that was for sure, that she had procrastinated on filling out exact details on where she wanted her belongings... they simply had not been picked up, but there was an anti-gravity cart beneath them as if they were on the very cusp of being taken away.

"Lucky day... I guess." Helen mumbled as she went to her quarters to change into a proper uniform. It was awkward, knowing it as her quarters now, and not the quarters which she shared with Yaichiro. Though, that was fine too in a way, as she found that despite her cargo remaining present, her personal belongings had been taken out of her quarters. "Shit." She mumbled, as she found that she was stuck with what she had on her in regard to clothing. It seemed, the old SAINT infiltration special would be her attire of choice for the time being.

As she sorted her things, the intercom rang out, and she quirked her brow as she heard Sune speak. "Sir, I've done this before, but I'll do it again. I need to voice my concerns about heading into a mission like this with our resources. More so, I have concerns about tracking down someone such as Koharu when they seemingly have not made an effort to be found." She spoke through the intercom. "Furthermore, I have my doubts in regard to if she would come to us willingly. However, I will report as ordered, Sir. I also recommend we avoid any Lorath forces in the area... there could be trouble. Helen out."

With that, Helen strode from her quarters, to join the others in the power armor bay. It was going to be a long day, she knew it in her gut.

Before arrival at Jiyuu

"That's alright, Nayacesen-Juni. I'll head to Medical if there's no immediate need for me here and refresh my mental back-up. I'll see you later, sir." Reika left the Engineering Bay, went to Medical following the instructions Sune had sent over the ships intercom.

After arrival at Jiyuu

After having completed her mental back-up and returning to her cabin to straighten out her belongings, Reika headed to the Power Armor bay upon hearing Sune's newest set of instructions issued over the ships intercom. Whilst she waited for the rest of the crew to arrive, Reika used the moments she had to check over her armors repairs and make sure it was properly equipped should it be needed for some reason during the coming operation.

Ramiro had been lying back in his chair, enjoying reading through the previous mission logs, as well as the ones from before he was on crew. The history of the Eucharis fascinated him to no end. When his station beeped to alert him that they were about to reach the destination he closed the mission log windows and pulled him the helm controls.

When the ship automatically exited itself from fold Ramiro was astonished by the number of ships. He immediately rotated the ship to face the surface, making sure to watch out for stupid pilots. He wasn't quite sure what to do amidst all of this chaos, that was until the transmission came through.

Once he got the coordinates for their objective that had been transmitted he pulled a map of Jiyuu up on the main screen and then input the objective information. The computer highlighted their objective location on the map, which he figured would make everyone's lives a lot easier.

When the word came down from Jalen he picked himself up and bega heading over to the armor bay.

Takeyu watched the displays and could visbly feel the ship as he descended through the atmosphere. Once the ship had landed, Takeyu turned toward Cherry. "Heisho? You have engineering, keep her safe for me while I'm gone."

He took another glancing look at the displays before leaving engineering, making his first quick stop in medical to update his backup, which he wasn't able to do before hand due to being the only one in engineering up until their arrival in Jiyuu. When that was finished, he headed straight for the power armor bay.

Code:
" Acknowledged. I'll do everything that I can .'

' Alright, this should go here..and this..ah no..this should go here..but that's a green wire..I can't cross a green wire with blue..that would short it out..I don't want to put out a fire .' Armundo was standing atop a chair, his hands in the ceiling as he tried to install one of the new sensors. He muttered to himself in his native language, thinking out loud as he tried to figure out how to fix this thing based on the information that he remembered from his training.

Bridge

"I understand your concerns Klein-Shosa, but the request did come from Mitsuya Ember the ranking UOC Peacekeeper. We'll try to avoid the Lorath, but since we are here at the request of the UOC authority. They do not have a legal ground to complain.

As for equipment, there is a container marked J-1. It contains munitions and armament that I acquired shortly after arriving on Yamatai. What is there should be helpful. Jalen Out." He hung up the handset.

Stood and turned to face Hanako, "I am heading down to the power armor bay. Good luck to you here ma'am."

Armor Bay
Sune walked into the Armor bay, and over to his refurbished Mindy. "Suit up we are walking into a chaotic and most likely a probably powder keg situation. Once in your armor, check out a crate in the hold marked J1. There are a number of weapons and accessories. We have munitions for most in the armory. I want us feet on the ground in five minutes people." he said to the crew. He then turned to Helen and said, "Once again my gratitude for agreeing to assist us on this errand ma'am."

He then hit the open command on his armor and started removing his external accoutrements, to store in his armor's butt pack.

The Eucharis sat perched in the middle of a high school sports field, waiting for the armor team to deploy. At the rear of the ship, the shuttle bay doors opened and all the shuttles exited, ready to pick up UOC survivors and transport them to the ship or to Leo Star Fortress. Inside each were two crewmembers wearing power armor.

• NG-X1-408-8 (Kuma T8-1A): Blueberry, Cherry
  • NG-X1-408-9 (Kuma T8-1A): Victory, Mango
  • NG-X1-408-10 "Telemachus IV" (Raccoon T7): Pineapple, Lime

Immediately, a crowd of survivors and evacuees began making their way towards the Eucharis from the torn-up concrete high school, only to run back to safety as a nearby NMX sniper gunned down a teenage boy in front of the group. A couple of parasites slammed into some of the retreating civilians with the force of gunshots, knocking them down onto the grass.

Eucharis - Armor Bay

When Helen arrived, a large crate was perched upon her shoulders, as her NH-27 body remained true to its design as she lugged it into the armor bay, setting it down and opening it to reveal her Kylie which was packed away and was due to be shipped off if it were not for the NMX attack. "Sir, it is my job, and I'd be glad to pay back the favor of helping me get off planet." She spoke with a smile, before she began to unload her armor and equipment which she had brought with her, before she went about climbing into the machine.

Once in the Kylie, she skimmed about the outside of the ship, to check on that container which Sune had spoken of... though, on the way, she caught sight of a bit of a ruckus that the crew had not really anticipated... snipers, more of those wretched snipers. "Helen to Sune, Sir, enemy forces have engaged civilians, incoming sniper fire from yet to be determined source. Request engagement orders."

Armor Bay

Takeyu walked into the bay, walking up to the armor he had requested after their last mission. He had the modules that came with it powered up, the teleportation module along with one shoulder capacitor. "These may come in handy," he commented.

He got inside the armor and started her up, then once the systems were ready he grabbed the Katana be bought while planetside. He affixed the sheath to his side and then walked over to the crate Sune had pointed out, looking through it real quick to find a gauss cannon that he attached to his free shoulder pad and also grabbed an aether beam sabre rifle for us against the enemy. His sword he'd use only in close combat, which he had a feeling that may very well happen given that they were headed into a city.

With one final check of his systems he hurried out of the back and got behind some cover, to avoid being hit by any NMX sniper.

Ramiro approached one of the power armors and hopped inside. After powering it up he went through a quick systems diagnostic. Once he was satisfied with the condition of the armor he went over to the munitions crate and pulled out a sabre rifle. "Alrighty, let's kick some squiddie ass!" Following Takeyu out of the rear of the ship he took cover next to him.

"Let's start taking care of those snipers." Poking his head out from behind cover he tried to locate some of the snipers.

Sune climbed into his power armor, closed it and watched as the self-diagnostics went through. Once secure he picked up his Tamahagane Ta-W1-3a - Katana (Advanced) and buckled it on around the Mindy's waist.

He walked over to the cargo bay door. Briefly surveyed the scene.

"Helen, and Ramiro you two locate the snipers, and take them out ASAP. We can't move the people out as long as they are present.

The rest of the Away team with me. We will take out as many of the parasites as we can while the others hunt for the snipers. Move out now."

He said as he stepped off the ramp and powered up both of his, set his suits AIES to target the closest parasites and commenced firing in machine gun mode letting short bursts fly towards each of the parasites he had targeted.

"Acknowleged, will begin anti-sniper operations." Helen spoke through the communication line before her Kylie faded from sight as exterior armor coatings and thermoptics went into effect. Once she was shrouded from sight, Helen took to the ground, careful to avoid anything which would be disturbed by her armored feet as she began to determine where the snipers were.

"Helen to Eucharis, request sensor data regarding energy reactions and projectile movements in area. Place priority on trajectory data, send data to my AIES and display as three dimensional area map with data overlay." Helen transmitted as a request to the ship, either the computer or crew would do fine. Even as she made her request though, Helen closed in on where her gut told her the sniper must have been, judging by the way the civilian dropped, and her own experience as a shooter.

The NMX attacker(s) seemed to be hiding in nearby suburban houses. Helen was able to briefly catch a glimpse of one through a bedroom window as it moved for a better position. It was wearing a UOCPF uniform.

Pineapple moved her transport shuttle closer to the school and brought it down with its rear door just outside one of the entrances, hovering over the bus lane. A "No parking sign" was bent under the shuttle's weight as it came down. Lime appeared at the back door, wearing a Mindy and carrying a science scanner to check survivors.

"Aye sir," said Takeyu as he brought up his rifle and began to scan for targets while following Sune. His gauss cannon was searching for enemies, but while he was doing this he also deployed two drones from his shoulder pad to zip around the area to find enemies for them.

Once Reika was properly attired in her Daisy armor, she forewent acquiring one of the numerous weapons from the container in favor of her usual equipment, with which she was more comfortable and familiar. Besides, the best equipment had already been claimed.

Per Sune's orders, Reika followed him down the ramp and began opening fire upon the nearest parasites that her armor could detect with the pulse-energy weapons built into her suits forearms. Their rate of fire was much better suited to hitting the lightning fast NMX than her rifle.

Parasites? Sympathizers? Helen thought to herself for but a moment, before she quickly and quietly closed in upon the suburban home. She weighed the matter of grace, or efficiency. In this case, she simply did not want to give the sniper enough time to go anywhere, and possibly take another shot. Though, before she did anything rash, she put a muzzle on her first instinct, which was to cleave the home in half with a sweep of her aether projector. No, there was the possibility of hostages or bystanders being in the area, not to mention possible sources of information. Grace, grace was the option for this situation. With her conclusion, Helen bound through the open window, before launching a pair of drones from her armor, which she sent out to sweep the rooms of the home with stunning pulses of scalar fire, as she pulled a NSP from the thigh holster of her Kylie, holding it at the ready to stun first, and ask questions later.

Ramiro watched Helen take off towards one of the houses. Popping up from cover he raised his rifle and aimed towards the house, giving some cover fire towards the upstairs window. Once he was satisfied that she was close enough to the house he began scanning the surrounding area, trying to find the second sniper.

What they discovered were a bunch of infected locals. Under control of the NMX parasites, they had taken up whatever arms they could find and were attacking people.

Helen spotted the zombie UOCPF sniper guy with one of her drones. He was on the floor below Helen attempting to ignite a large hissing propane tank using a fireplace "clicker" lighter.

The parasites zipping around were difficult targets to hit due to their small size and high speed, but Reika was able to kill a few.

Meanwhile, Takeyu's drones found a zombie horde hiding in the back yard of one of the houses, and Ramiro saw another sniper just in time to avoid getting hit by him.

At the school, the shuttle quickly filled up with locals until no one else could fit. Pineapple lifted off and headed to Leo Star Fortress to transfer the survivors to a transport.

"Got a group," Takeyu said with a disgusted frown, relying the feed from his drones to Sune and the others in the away team. "A group of them, zombiefied, can't see any weapons just hit, going to bring the drone in closer but not close enough for it to be swatted." He didn't like seeing these people zombified.

His drone flew downward, zipping across the roof of a building before heading into a tree where it hovered there for a few moments and watched the zombie horde and sending a more detailed picture back to Takeyu.

Meanwhile, his mother drones moved about the area, one dove into a house through a hole in the wall while another went through a window in a house across the street from where Sune and Takeyu were. The last one he kept up in the air to warn them of any approaching enemies.

Trying to pick off the parasites was proving problematic, in fact Sune made a mental note to work on a better method of protecting against a swarm.

"Reika, Takeyu, follow me. We need to back track the parasites and find where they are coming from. We take that out, we can deal with the ones launched later. The infected can be treated and the parasite removed since they will be newly implanted."

He scanned the parasites and plotted their path backwards. "Okay, those structures to the south seem to be where they are coming from. We need to check them out. And if we find the source of the parasites neutralize it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back